shooting a fire arm should limit your hearing range

philthy mcnasty

This should also be influenced by the profession you choose and the traits you choose. For instance firemen, construction workers and police officers should be more immune to this because they should  be used to loud noises. Park rangers, security guards and unemployed should have more effect to this. Also, the more you shoot a gun the less it should effect you, until you reach a certain point after, say 5000 or so shots where the ringing comes back and becomes really bad, to simulate the damage to your ears over the years.

It would be more realistic with permanent hearing damage after say, 100 rounds of pistol ammo?

Trust me, even if you're a super-ninja-swat-tactical-SEAL, you're not immune to shot sounds, you're most likely deaf if you've been in active service where u had to fire a gun a few times.

Can you even find 5000 rounds in the game? can you even find 1000 ?  that would be awesome.

It might be possible. I do not use fire arms until later, when i want to clear out very large hoards. I usualy end up with 400 rounds hoarded up.

Part of it, is i have the lucky trait, and i search the dead offten.