Trapping Suggestions

Croak90

So you know all those rings, mirrors, and useless jewelry you find on random zombies and in bathrooms? Birds LOVE shiny stuff. So how about using jewelry as bird bait for trapping? Squirrels also love to get their hands on paper, newspapers in particular, for tearing them up and making nests out of them. So how about some inedible bait for trapping that offers a lower catch chance, but can still lure animals? It'd be nice to not have to spend non spoilable food and fresh crops on traps that may or may not work, depending on your luck. It makes sense and it's realistic :D

Also, for further down the animals development trail, maybe some larger traps such as pitfalls (Spade, axe, logs) and bear traps for the big game? Pitfalls might be pushing it a little, but then again we're capable of building a small house in a day, so why not? Plus they're reusable after they're cleaned up and reset.

I would like to see some man traps and zombie traps.

If the npcs are belligerent, then i would love to make a shotgun/door trap, so that if they open a random room, BLAM. 

Or a fire bomb trap, that sets  houses on fire. As well as home made bear traps, guilitines behind doors, pnumatic spike launchers, and creative ways to use a fire ax to protect my stash.