Neat Little Ideas

CheezeIsGouda

I like little interesting things in games that you have to be paying attention to appreciate. Here's a list of some that I will update.

Ideas: Comment on this topic with an idea, and I can add one of your ideas.

CheezeIsGouda: When a zombie, NPC, or player dies, a blood puddle slowly forms around the body, suggesting  they are bleeding on the ground. The size of the blood puddle and how fast it forms would depend on the type of weapon used to kill them and/or the severity of injuries on the body at the time of death. Which one is added, should depend on the games limits. (List of blood puddle size to weapon killed with: Fists: None/Very Small. Fork: Very small. Bat: Medium. Kitchen Knife: Large. Axe: Large, and so on.) Maybe a humanoid character stepping on the blood puddles or other blood decals would give that character bloody footprints for a short time, resulting in interesting player, zombie, and npc tracking.

CheezeIsGouda: When a player or NPC has a bleeding debuff, they slowly drip blood onto the ground.

Oops, bleeding onto ground from bleeding debuff is already added.

-snip-: Have the weapon in your hand slowly break in appearance as the quality goes down.

-snip-:  I think you should change the amount of blood dripping depending on weapon, into amount of blood dripping depending on the severity of the cut, you could kill someone with an axe, but there is no guarantee it will be a large cut.

malankatank: ...It would be cool when you swing the axe and one shot kill a zombie with a head blow, that there is a possibility the head could be lopped off.  Also along the lines of that you could hack off a leg (making a crawler (we shall call him Stumpy)) or take off an arm.

INoEmo: I think it would be pretty cool if, with some weapons, when it breaks it leaves you with something sharp (golf club stick with a pointy end where it broke, baseball bat handle that is sharp, etc) that you can stick in a zombies face for an insta kill, but you don't get it back.  It would be like one last "fuck you" to the horde as they start chomping down on you.

Thanks for reading, and please leave some ideas of your own, or any comments.  :-)

I like the first idea, but you better test an idea correctly before saying it isnt in the game, the second one already is implemented

Also, I think you should change the amount of blood driping depending on weapon into amount of blood dripping depending on the severity of the cut, you could kill someone with an axe, but there is no guarantee it will be a large cut.

And just one more thing: since the ideas are pretty similar, you shouldn't just put neat little ideas, you should be more specific, as in this case, maybe the title should have been ''Detail suggestions'', but too late now  :P

Also, I think you should change the amount of blood driping depending on weapon into amount of blood dripping depending on the severity of the cut, you could kill someone with an axe, but there is no guarantee it will be a large cut.

Is this a suggestion to add to one of my ideas, or a separate idea?

And actually back in the topic: Have the weapon in your hand slowly break in appearance as the quality goes down.

Added to list of ideas.

Is this a suggestion to add to one of my ideas, or a separate idea?

Just put as a suggestion.

It sounds like amputation could possibly (?) be added into the future.  If it was it would be cool when you swing the axe and one shot kill a zombie with a head blow, that there is a possibility the head could be lopped off.  Also along the lines of that you could hack off a leg (making a crawler (we shall call him Stumpy)) or take off an arm.

I think it would be pretty cool if, with some weapons, when it breaks it leaves you with something sharp (golf club stick with a pointy end where it broke, baseball bat handle that is sharp, etc) that you can stick in a zombies face for an insta kill, but you don't get it back.  It would be like one last "fuck you" to the horde as they start chomping down on you.