Bricktoys Trap

CheezeIsGouda

So I've been playing Project Zomboid and noticed an item called "Bricktoys". Obviously, this is Project Zomboid's Legos. So I thought of Legos. Then, of course, I thought of the horrible pain that comes with stepping on one. Then the idea struck me.  :idea:

My idea is this: Bricktoys could be able to be placed on the ground, and if a player or NPC steps on them, they get the debuff "Pain". Of course, this trap wouldn't work on zombies, because they can't feel pain. I was thinking of suggesting to add the "Getting a little weepy" debuff to the Bricktoys trap effects too, but that's just a little too unrealistic. This trap wouldn't be "overpowered" or "too weak", either, that reason being is that the Bricktoys aren't very hard to find, and you'd be able to use the trap over and over again, about 7-10 times sounds reasonable. If you placed multiple around a door, an NPC or player might step on each one, raising the "Pain" debuff a little more and more each time. Just be careful not to step on them yourself, or YOU might be in some pain.  ;-)       Edit: Maybe they would add 1 or 2 points of damage to the legs or feet of a player or NPC, too. Little enough to not be fatal.

That's my idea, please let me know what you think, and be sure to share some of YOUR suggestions and comments in this topic, too :!:

Edit: Nevermind, bad idea. I didn't think this through at all.  :wacko:

I don't like this idea, because:

1. You wouldn't feel ANY PAIN WHATSOEVER, if you simply wore shoes.

2. No bricktoy in the whole street would have no chance of an NPC stepping on one.

3. Various bricktoys enough to even be a slight pain in the whole street would be very noticeable.

4. Not really worth the programming time to add.

5. Who in hell would leave such things in the street to make a ''trap'', if you could even call it that.

6. More usefull if you could just combine various bricktoys into a 1 tile structure that would reduce boredom when placed.

7. If you just get the pain debuff, what's the point?

8. Lego doesn't hurt THAT much, plus the pain goes away quickly.

So there is my opinion.

But other than all that, welcome to the forums.

2. No bricktoy in the whole street would have no chance of an NPC stepping on one.

3. Various bricktoys enough to even be a slight pain in the whole street would be very noticeable.

5. Who in hell would leave such things in the street to make a ''trap'', if you could even call it that.

6. More usefull if you could just combine various bricktoys into a 1 tile structure that would reduce boredom when placed.

So there is my opinion.

Lol, that's completely true. I guess I didn't think that through. I may need to get some more sleep.  :blink:

Oh, and thanks?

So there is my opinion.

Lol, that's completely true. I guess I didn't think that through. I may need to get some more sleep.  :blink:

Lol :D