vonVile

Sometimes you need a knife, but can't find one. This mod expands the items to be found in kitch3n cabinets.

This version includes:

post-257-0-06066300-1378160250.png Carving Fork

post-257-0-69817300-1378160250.png Cleaver

post-257-0-05182500-1378162121.png Crab Knife

post-257-0-24419000-1377123143.png Ice Pick

post-257-0-84049600-1377123154.png Meat Tenderizer

post-257-0-36174000-1378160251.png Vegetable Peeler

post-257-0-16590900-1377123165.png Watermelon Knife

Coming Soon:

- Various Japanese Knives

- Get Meat Tenderizer to construct.

Version History:

v0.3a

- Balanced lifespan of weapons.

- Adjusted weapon distribution.

v0.3

- Added Carving Fork, Cleaver, Crab Knife and Vegetable Peeler.

v0.2

- Fixed bug with item icon sprites not being displayed in inventory on a saved game. When mod items were in the inventory when you saved a game the "?" would appear when you loaded it. Mod item sprites in world loaded just fine.

- Added Watermelon Knife recipe to slice Watermelon. Discovered game won't give more than 10.

- Added Meat Tenderizer recipes to make Nailed Baseball Bat and Nailed Plank.

v0.1

- Added Ice Pick, Meat Tenderizer, Watermelon Knife

V2M-KillerCutlery03b.zip

Nice work vonVile, cool sprites too. Hey can the tenderizer have knockdown capability?

Okay, I'll put that in. I have to do an update to this mod anyways now that I fixed the sprite loading inventory problem on saved games.

I like the watermelon knife sprite! :D

Thanks, the watermelon knife is an actual knife design made by Kuhn Rikon. I happen to own one, which is why I put it in. The blade on it is crazy sharp.

Ice Pick is better than a Butter Knife, but weaker than a Kitchen Knife.

Meat Tenderizer is much better than a Hammer with it completely made out of metal and has double the impact zone.

Watermelon Knife is better than a Kitchen Knife with it being a bit longer (11"/279.4mm) and a sharper blade.

For v0.1a I fixed the lua inventory icon sprite load bug for saved games, tossed in a few Meat Tenderizer recipes to replace the Hammer, and have the Watermelon knife cut a watermelon into finer slices. You'll get 12-14. I haven't really decided yet.

Future: I need to find the hammer lua building code to insert the Meat Tenderizer.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Killer Cutlery to v0.3.

It took me some time get this version ready because I had to figure out a way to make the Cleaver and Crab Knife to have a good life span and not be disposable like the Kitch3n Knife has become. WIth them lasting longer than the Kitch3n Knife I lowered their distribution percent so they can't be majorly abused. Might drop it more, but I'll have to play more games to see how often they pop up. I still don't know how the game calculates a weapon's health meter, but this will have to do until then.

Updated Killer Cutlery to v0.3a.

After posting yesterday I figured out the code for the lifespan of weapons and balanced all the items to fit the game. Sadly, the days are over for the Watermelon Knife lasting as long as a Baseball Bat. The Meat Tenderizer is still the same though, so it isn't all bad.

For those curious about the life spans:

- Carving Fork, Ice Pick and Vegetable Peeler last a bit longer than Kitch3n Knife.

- Cleaver, Crab Knife and Watermelon Knife last the same as Rolling Pin.

- Meat Tenderizer lasts a bit longer than Baseball Bat. It is made solid metal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does this mod still work with 2.9.9.17 or do I have to wait for you to update it?

Just to let you know I haven't abandoned this mod. Its just that I haven't put much effort into it with how slow frame rate has bogged down game play and there hasn't been a Desura release in a long while.

I'll look at dred's fix to see what he did and might add a few new goodies. Thanx for the quick fix, dred!

I got around to installing 2.9.9.17 and it doesn't work on my laptop. After creating a game I get a black screen and the game locks up, so until there's another Desura release I can use I can't do any updates or new mods.

You can try closing Steam and then running the game from the batch file in the install directory.  That's how I got around the game not working on my laptop...

I don't use Steam, so that's not the problem, and I used 'projectzomboid32.exe' to get it to at least load to the black game screen. I used the 'projectzomboid.bat' file and just got an error response.

I also don't like the fact the game now loads a 640x480 window on my 1440x7?? screen. It seems like every new update the play window gets smaller and smaller.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No, I didn't give up on this mod. Its just that I haven't been able to play beyond version 2.9.9.17 until v26 came out. Yes, I could have went to Steam, but I hate it. I don't like the way its designed. Desura is superior except for it not being able to post beta releases.

Anyways, here's Killer Cutlery v0.3b for v26.