Hopeful additions to work in with Erosion Functionality

Smiley

Just some ideas I'd really like to see - started thinking on it in the Erosion announcement thread and figured I'd start something more in-depth here on the PZ Suggestions area:

New Tools:

- Garden Shears:

Could work as a Short Range Melee Blade Weapon in a pinch.
Relatively quiet, good for taking out small bits that are in the way without resorting to louder means.

Gets rid of grass clumps and small brush slowly (About as long as cutting a tree)

Loses durability swiftly.

Repairs similar to Knives.

- Weedwacker:

Decently loud.

Uses Gasoline as ammunition.

Could be used as a Melee Blade Weapon, but is not its best use.

Gets rid of grass clumps and small brush swiftly with low durability loss.

Repairs can use Twine, Wire, and similar items.

- Chainsaw:

Very loud.

Uses Gasoline as ammunition.

Definitely capable of being used as a Melee Blade Weapon, especially in situations where noise doesn't matter any longer (last stand?)

Gets rid of grass clumps, small brush, even trees very swiftly and with low durability loss.

Repairs can use a variety of items, especially Oil if it is added for automotive stuff later.

New Item Functionality:

- Weed Killer:

Now works on grass clumps and small brush, in addition to its current use. Not strong enough to kill trees.

- Concrete:

Functionality extends to also restoring cracked road tiles to normal road tiles.

- Bag of Plaster:

Functionality extends to also restoring cracked/decaying walls to normal walls.

New Recipes:

Improvised Weed Killer = Bleach, Salt, Water Bottle, Sprayer

I love all of these ideas except for the weed wacker (who would use precious fuel on that? also, with all the noise it would make, and you could just use shears, and when you find it in a warehouse, you will probably have found an axe already.).

But yeah, I would like to repair my own block of the city, if I'm going to be in charge of it, atleast I'm going to take good care of it <3

I hope they don't make the erosion occur too quickly, because having a plain, undriven asphalt road overgrown with weeds in a couple of months is just unrealistic to me... Has anyone actually seen that happening to roads this fast? I don't recall seeing janitors lawnmowing highways. Same with cracks in the buildings. Such things would take a loooot of time to happen, at least years, and not many people actually made it, surviving over at least a year in PZ... Plus, it'd require tons of concrete and plaster to keep the environment in good shape.

P.S. sorry if I'm being a drag, that was just my attempt to share all of my opinion on this

Chainsaws become blunt very fast if you try to use them on anything that isn't wood (like zombie brains). I don't know if a blunt chainsaw could still cut a zombie's head, but it's for sure not as powerful as many movies or games portray. Also using a chainsaw is dangerous and if you use it in close combat you can easily hurt yourself. You're not aiming for a log on the ground but for a moving target on the height of your eye.

Furthermore it's would be very difficult to keep the chainsaw running properly while fighting because there are several safety measures to keep you from doing that. You wouldn't be able to fight more than one zombie at once.

Let's not forget about the splatter (not the blood, but the brain) that'll fly around uncontrollable and infect you.

Imho chainsaws should only be used as an easy way to cut lots of trees or tearing down barricades. Fighting only if you have no other weapon. Same for the weed whacker. It's a tool, not a weapon, and will become useless very fast if not used properly.

I hope they don't make the erosion occur too quickly, because having a plain, undriven asphalt road overgrown with weeds in a couple of months is just unrealistic to me... Has anyone actually seen that happening to roads this fast? I don't recall seeing janitors lawnmowing highways. Same with cracks in the buildings. Such things would take a loooot of time to happen, at least years, and not many people actually made it, surviving over at least a year in PZ... Plus, it'd require tons of concrete and plaster to keep the environment in good shape.

P.S. sorry if I'm being a drag, that was just my attempt to share all of my opinion on this

Gameplay over realism.

That's a rule in all games

Gameplay over realism.

That's a rule in all games

Though it might not imply in this case, as Binky has said over at Steam that they do intend for the effect to be more gradual and be more realistic. We'll have to wait and see what they're planning, of course.