The Upcoming Erosion Feature

Jatta Pake

yeah i know no etas but i wonder if it comes in the next update or is it reworked before integrated? like new tiles from mash and so on, that would have course take some time...

btw this look so much last of us, i love it, especially multiplayer when a world already exists for years, imagine this greatness, only possible in pz<3

Question: I assume that build 28 is compatible with build 27 saves, how would erosion factor into this? Will the erosion start the moment I play on (I'm at 2,5 months) of will erosion of 2,5 months be instantly introduced? I hope all the new stuff like the hunting rifle will still spawn because I'm already 20+ hours into my save game and have built a massive fort and a sky bridge spanning the entirety of Muldraugh.

@plekpot: The erosion-mod forces you to create a new save to get the effects (otherwise it can be buggy) so I think old saves won´t be compatible once erosion is included in the vanilla-game (or it simply takes no effect when playing a "old" save).

Damn, I hope it just doesn't take effect and not ruin my save game.

I've played this mod for a while. It's solid, but doesn't seem to work in B27, so I'm definitely psyched to see a more final version hit B28-29. It was one of the best mods out there for atmosphere/environment.

In before the hype train. Just a reminder that no one has said that the feature will be in either B28 or B29!

@plekpot: The erosion-mod forces you to create a new save to get the effects (otherwise it can be buggy) so I think old saves won´t be compatible once erosion is included in the vanilla-game (or it simply takes no effect when playing a "old" save).

Damn, I hope it just doesn't take effect and not ruin my save game.

obviously we'd make sure this isn't the case when it's integrated. It's very difficult to mod in new world versions for save files, but easy for us to do.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'melting' look given to roads in general, as it looks like they just sorta melt away. I do think it needs improvement. Also what sort of timescale is this done on? I'd imagine its years in-game time rather than months.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'melting' look given to roads in general, as it looks like they just sorta melt away. I do think it needs improvement. Also what sort of timescale is this done on? I'd imagine its years in-game time rather than months.

I think this can be adjusted, just like in mod if I'm not horribly mistaken. I have only briefly tried the mod, and watched videos - I dont remember if one showcase video had speeded up time or erosion features.

Meanwhile, on the Steam forums . . .

@Darius - there are features in the erosion mod which we wanted for the vanilla game anyhow such as visible changes to the environment through the year, different seasons etc. We'll almost certainly have settings in sandbox to customise the speed of the 'erosion' and for the vanilla game, we'll likely set it so that it's very slow. Something for the long-term survivors to really appreciate.

Though I can't find the quote where he mentions adding additional sprites, as some in the current erosion mod will be replaced (or at least augmented/moved around).