A Mug of Water and ReplaceOnUse

kerbholz

I'm currently working on "Hot Drinks", a mod where you can make cups of coffee/tea. I've copied code from the "Make Hot Drink" recipe to my "Make a Cup of Tea" recipe and changed mine to use "A Mug of Water" instead of "Mugl" and "Water".

Recipe "Make Hot Drink":

recipe Make Hot Drink{	  Mugl,	  Water,	  Coffee/Teabag,	  Sugar,	  Result:Mugfulll,	  Time:70.0,}

My recipe "Make a Cup of Tea":

recipe Make Cup of Tea {        WaterMug,        Teabag,                Result:CuppaTea,        Time:70.0, }

The problem I'm facing is, when I actually "Make a Cup of Tea" in game, one "A Mug of Water" gets removed, but an "Empty Mug" gets added to my inventory. I'm just beginning modding, so I think this has to do with "ReplaceOnUseOn" or "ReplaceOnDeplete" from item "WaterMug" - but what do I know?

Is there any way to override this behaviour? So no empty mug gets added when making a cup of tea but still the Mug of Water can be used as desired?

Mod source can be found @GitHub

Is it possible to change the mod to not require sugar to make a 'Hot Drink'. I regularly make coffee without sugar. Perhaps adding sugar could have an additional energy boost since sugar contains calories?

EDIT: I saw your post here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10047-hot-drinks/ and I love the idea! I read this post before the above mentioned one. So disregard this comment :???:

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I found was in [sTEAMFOLDER]\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\items.txt:

item WaterMug{        IsWaterSource    =    TRUE,        Weight    =    0.2,        CanStoreWater    =    TRUE,        Type    =    Drainable,        UseWhileEquipped    =    FALSE,        UseDelta    =    1,        DisplayName    =    A Mug of Water,        ReplaceOnDeplete    =    Mugl,        ReplaceOnUseOn    =    WaterSource-WaterMug,        Icon    =    Mugl,}

Which I think won't help with your MIB :(