New Muldraugh Colony (Elite: Dangerous)

RingoD123

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF--- oh wait, we do that for that other game don't we? The one with the shit 2D flash-game graphics with zombies in or something..? :P

Never heard of it

I've gone for the 52, couldn't find the fly5 cheaply enough to be worth it. I'll see what it's like, can always send it back. Arrived today, so I'll be buying & downloading the beta tonight

Boo!

The 52 will be wobblier than the Fly5.

Should've gone all the way for the 52 pro :P

I've got the X52 pro, and I've just sent it off to a mate of mine to try out since he's considering investing in a joystick, and was torn between that and a very expensive Warthog joystick. He's loving the X52pro and in my opinion it's the best value joystick you can get. Problem with the non-pro version is that it has compatibility issues with windows 7 (so I've heard).

It does work great with Elite once you fiddle around with the deadzone settings and get it just about right.

This is.. totally annoying. It's not giving me the controls for things. How do I control power? Navigation? Sure, it says "Use <control> to do <thing>" but isn't telling me what <control> is. Right now, I'm getting frustrated, and wondering if I wisely spent £150.

Yeah, takes a little getting used to. I needed to have the control panel open to see which button numbers lit up when I pushed things in order to make any sense of it. I'd be surprised if Elite doesn't end up with pretty decent x52 support in the end, though, possibly even with official profiles etc given that the in-game joystick is clearly modelled off the x52 and in all the dev videos you can see x52 pros on everyone's desks.

So all in all, I'd say you chose wisely. Maybe it's not ideal *now* but I think you'll reap benefits later.

first thing you need to do iirc, is in the Saitek profile editor is create a new profile and delete modes 2 and 3, and leave mode 1 as is, save it as "Elite". Then just make sure you connect your x52, select the Elite profile and then go in game and fiddle with bindings etc. I had loads of trouble too before setting up the "blank, 1 mode" profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Still being a starter, I had cargo worth of 7k. While landing, I managed to accidentally boost my engines just to spectacularly fail to maneuver myself away from obstacles and the wall.

I managed to get blown up. With 7,000 credits worth of stuff in my hold. With my total worth at 9,000. I then spent 1,500 getting my ship back, so in other words, I'm now broke.

Also, how do you specify/find your username?

Head over to https://support.orerve.net/.

After logging in, click "Commander Profile" and you'll be able to change your name there.

Still being a starter, I had cargo worth of 7k. While landing, I managed to accidentally boost my engines just to spectacularly fail to maneuver myself away from obstacles and the wall.

Hadn't played for a few days, went in for landing, hit boost instead of landing gear.

I think you can guess the rest.

• 5 weeks later...

A friend of mine finally got me to buy this... I like it a lot and it looks pretty nice, buts its lots of work for my oldish pc nowadays...

Pressing tab is the bane of my existance though... am used to tab to see scores or stats or something. accidentally boost and run into things ^^

I died lots of times die to flying too close to the sun after jumping, but I'm getting the hang of it. Not the best pilot though...