New Muldraugh Colony (Elite: Dangerous)

RingoD123

Hello Commanders.

just wanted to leave my in game name for Elite here so that if anyone wants to add me in game they can, never know, we might even get to the point of being able to form our own Colony and go searching the galaxy together.

Name: Kryten 2x4b 523p

I can currently be found piloting an anaconda around the starter systems, pulverizing any real player who accidentally visits an anarchy system, so erm, make sure you friend me before approaching :-D

Good hunting!

I'm undecided on the game. Perhaps when my financials aren't questionable.

Mine aren't, and that beta price is putting me off. That and the fact I've an eve sub I barely use :(

Same here.  I saw a video and said "That's sick!". Then I saw the price, did a little whistle, and tried my hardest to forget the game existed.

Im confused as to what I want to do more after watching that video, play Elite or watch Blade Runner :-D

incidentally, me and CaptainBinky quickly tested the online private groups function last night, it works great and the in game voice comms is brilliant!

I'll add you guys in a minute, I just bought it a few days ago to go with the new PC (which I finally finished). It's been great so far, highly recommend it (even for the money) if you're a space freak like myself, or a flight sim freak like myself.

Edit: In game name is Rathlord of course.

You could play it with the controller (or mouse/keyboard) I you want, but you'll miss out a bit in the experience.

I use the cheap as hell Logitech joystick which does the job just fine. Nothing fancy, but it has everything you really need.

I kinda wish if invested in a full HOTAS. You kinda get out of it what you put in if you know what I mean.

Hey kirrus, I was using an xbox 360 pad for windows just fine before I got my x52 pro. Gamepad is actually rather easy to use (all I had to do was rebind a couple of buttons for my horizontal thrusters). If your looking for a dedicated joystick then give these a look (cheapest to most expensive):

Thrustmaster T Flight (£25ish)

Mad Catz(Saitek) Cyborg Fly 5 (£30)

mad catz(Saitek) x52 (£100ish)

mad catz(Saitek) x52 pro (£120-£140) (basically the same as the x52 but most of the plastic has been replaced with metal, it has 2 springs instead of 1 and a few other upgrades)

Thrustmaster Warthog (£300ish?)

Ive never used the T-Flight or Cyborg Fly 5 but these were the 2 "cheap" ones I was looking at before deciding to go the x52 route, which I then changed to the x52 pro, which is absolutely astounding! The amount of immersion it added for me was phenominal! especially since whenever you look down in elite, your avatar is using exactly the same setup (x52 pro).

I believe the warthog would havefer a similar experience, but this is obviously for flight sim aficionado's.

But again, the xbox pad works great, and keyboard and mouse also works quite well once your used to the buttons, but once you use a flight stick you will fall in love with it :-D

I have the MadCatz FLY 5.

I decided to try out the Saitek x52 (NOT the Pro version) and in comparison to the FLY 5 it is way too wobbly for my taste and not worth the increased price only for the throttle.

Sent it back, kept the FLY 5.

If you want a cheap one, get the FLY 5.