Cutting yourself to distracts/attract zombies.

INoEmo

What type of zombies are these?  Are they attracted to the scent o blood?  Could we have the ability to cut ourselves with a knife and be able to wipe blood on an object?  The idea is the zombies get attracted to the blood and will try and lick it up, letting you safely get away.  After cutting yourself you will need to bandage the wound.

I don't think these are those types of zombies, I believe these ones have enough intelligence to tell the difference between blood and a living being. They have that uncanny ability to track you, even when their senses have been damaged. True story. Read the Survival Guide. ;)

Even then that would be the last thing I'd do in a zombie apocalypse. There is no way I'm willingly to risk bacterial infection for then to not be able to get a hold of antibiotics and having to chop my hand off. Pure stupidity, just make noise, they're attracted to that.

Nerf level 1 bleeding? Since the zombies of PZ do follow trails of blood left by survivors, I see no reason why intentionally using self-let blood to draw them away wouldn't be valid.

. . . They don't follow blood.

They don't? Have they ever? I remember a while ago I was bleeding in a game where I'd turned the smell sensitivity up and some of the zombies would follow me/the trail. Are survivors just louder while bleeding and in pain?

Also, self harm is a questionable thing to include in a game...

There's already Kate and the pillow, bleach, and the sleeping medication/alcohol trick. Zomboid's supposed to be totally grimsville and if it works, (which im actually kind of doubting now and will test soon sorry [also couldn't you shatter a window with your hand directly to get cut or use the noise from the shattering) who wouldn't consider it when that looked like a valid option?

Nerf level 1 bleeding? Since the zombies of PZ do follow trails of blood left by survivors, I see no reason why intentionally using self-let blood to draw them away wouldn't be valid.

. . . They don't follow blood.

They don't? Have they ever? I remember a while ago I was bleeding in a game where I'd turned the smell sensitivity up and some of the zombies would follow me/the trail. Are survivors just louder while bleeding and in pain?

Im pretty sure they do, hell, even in the zombie creation screen in sandbox options, you can change their sense of smell, and the smell, im pretty sure it's atracted to blood.

If anyone's gonna change my mind, then it's a PZ coder in charge of zombie behaviour.

Though it was added as an option, it was never implemented, as far as I know. It's there for a future time, much like the Survivors option. A quick look through decompiled code makes only a few references to smell: within the sandbox variables function. It isn't used elsewhere.