Coffee

CaptKaspar

Speaking as a person who doesn't have any sugar in my Tea I have to agree with the suggestion to tweak the recipe (obviously a low priority).  I disagree with the concept that the sugar would give you something extra though, would rather just have two different recipes or a "needs sugar in the hot drinks" trait :D 

Could have a 'mild trait' you select during character creation. Does your character like their hot cuppas with or without sugar?

Though, I agree a recipe rebalance might be needed. Make a hot cup (or pot?) of tea/coffee, then you can add milk, sugar, cinnamon, etc to it, as you would spices for extra benefits. Perhaps make the extra 'spices' reduce boredom more than a regular cup?

Come to think of it, being able to brew up a large pot/urn of tea, and have characters fill mugs/thermos bottles/water bottles (if it's cool tea/coffee :P) with it could be a nifty thing for multiplayer. Come back to base and there's Frank, looking after the coffee urn, making sure it stays hot and doesn't boil dry.

I disagree with the concept that the sugar would give you something extra though, would rather just have two different recipes or a "needs sugar in the hot drinks" trait :D

I think that adding sugar into coffee should give you more happiness then black coffee (Not to say that black coffee doesn't make people happy, but generally people enjoy sugar in their coffee).

I also drink coffee without sugar. Without milk. And sometimes even cold. And saying adding sugar would make you more happy would be the opposite in my case, because I drink it without sugar exactly for the reason that I enjoy it more (thus happier).

I also drink coffee without sugar. Without milk. And sometimes even cold. And saying adding sugar would make you more happy would be the opposite in my case, because I drink it without sugar exactly for the reason that I enjoy it more (thus happier).

"Not to say that black coffee doesn't make people happy, but generally people enjoy sugar in their coffee."

generally is the key word here.

I disagree with the concept that the sugar would give you something extra though, would rather just have two different recipes or a "needs sugar in the hot drinks" trait :D

I think that adding sugar into coffee should give you more happiness then black coffee (Not to say that black coffee doesn't make people happy, but generally people enjoy sugar in their coffee).

Lol, even the forum changes my name from stuffger to Stuffger in the quotes

Okay I see a problem here, the forum doesn't like my name :D

"Not to say that black coffee doesn't make people happy, but generally people enjoy sugar in their coffee."

generally is the key word here.

Indeed I am not arguing that, it is however not a solid rule, so a 0 cost trait or something would have to suffice for the variations in preference. Perhaps not so much a 'trait' as it is an 'aspect' to one's personality. That could be applied to NPC in future as well :)

Like how some people LOVE chocolate for instance, they might react more to receiving it as a gift than someone who prefers fruit or has no preference.

Things like that would build up the unique behaviour of characters to more realistically reflect the myriad of personalities you can encounter in real life.

Indeed I am not arguing that, it is however not a solid rule, so a 0 cost trait or something would have to suffice for the variations in preference. Perhaps not so much a 'trait' as it is an 'aspect' to one's personality. That could be applied to NPC in future as well :)

Like how some people LOVE chocolate for instance, they might react more to receiving it as a gift than someone who prefers fruit or has no preference.

Things like that would build up the unique behaviour of characters to more realistically reflect the myriad of personalities you can encounter in real life.

Ohh, now I see what you mean. My bad.

Yeah, maybe some day all the characters you create have different preferences. Like, eating this makes them happy and eating that makes them sad. It would be interesting.