Gorier Zombies

Aardman55

This mod makes the zombies look a bit more brutal, they have more wounds on their body and the areas around their eyes have been darkened to give a walking dead-esque decay effect.

Make sure the zombies are set to 3D, or else this wont work / show up!

Personally, I think these changes are, when the zombies are fully clothed, rather subtile but still give me a scarier athmosphere, seeing eyeless zombies and ones with their whole face ripped apart :D

Here are the links

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dm6ge4u2p1sgp8o/gorierzombies.rar (old version)

NEWER VERSION; Update 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9qqhl4zyrd1zi6o/gorierzombiesversion2.rar 

Also, I haven't tested yet, but:
These skins do NOT work in multiplayer when you use them as a MOD. That's for sure.

However, (I haven't tested yet!) if you just move the skin files over to your project zomboid folder (the one where the executables are), then they SHOULD show up in multiplayer too.

If you do that, make sure to backup your files, if you grow tired of my skins some day you dont have to reinstall the whole game :D

post-284-0-92833100-1402391779_thumb.jpg

Cool mod. Any way that you could make them have missing arms or something like that? Like put a transparent texture on their arms?

I had that idea aswell, however, there are only 3 zombie skins for each gender (3 male 3 female), and the skins are mirrored, which means that you can only edit one half of their body and that will then mirror this half for the other side. This would make a horde of 120 zombies with 60 male and 60 female zombies have 20 zombies with the same decapitation of both arms. But, a horde usually doesnt have such a balance between gender and skins, so you could have up to 70% of the horde have the very same arm decapitation. Also, it would only work on tank top and no top zombies, because the ones with sweaters one would overlay the arms. That's why (right now) I decided rather not to do that.

However, when modding support is out that is pretty doable!

Great Idea though, and thanks for the compliment :).

Я скачал это!

uhhh... go down rad street, then turn right into michigan avenue. the hardware store should be to your right?

edit: Google translate tells me that you said "I downloaded this!", if that isnt another false translation like google is known for then thanks, hope youll have fun with my mod :D!

I love this mod with the realistic skins mod :D the modder puts so much effort into this :D

!!!

Thanks alot :D!

Yeah, the realistic skin mod goes well with this, but the skin mod didnt take lots of time. I mostly just used gimp to change the hue and saturation on skins and then did a little fine tuning and colour changes, realistic skins took me like 25 minutes to do. This mod, however was much harder and took me about 40 mins.

Also, Im still working on this mod, the newer / more recent textures look alot more gorier :D!

Im currently doing some last stand dead zone map and building mods and turning my gta iv into gta v with some mods, then I can take my time to do a bit more fine tuning on the gore skins and upload the newer and bloodier version :)

UPDATED! 

Version 2 added, it just adds more blood and wounds on the arms of every zombie so more grislyness is on them now, and I put some more blood / flesh / tissue on the faceless female zombie so it doesnt look like she has 2 giant eyes  :D

Also, working on a last of us infected mod right now, I have one male runner, one male stalker and one male clicker, the clicker is the one im most proud with and I am now going to continue work on the female variants :D

I like the mod, great work!

The thing I don't like is that, in my opinion, too many zombies have their arms covered in blood all the way up to their elbows - it kinda looks silly when you have 10 of those in a group of 25 zombies.

I'll fix this when I have the time to, it does look silly now that you mention it :)

• 3 weeks later...

damn man the mod is awsome!!! it be awsome if you have some in underwears too,, not everyone died with shirts and pants! sounds funny but its true.... (tophat) plus it be freaky to see those type of zombies lol

That was my feeling as well. Problem is that as far as I know, clothing is server based in multiplayer, and you cant have underwear zombies as that would need to remove their clothing from their loot where wouldnt get clothes there but everyone else would, and that would be seen as a mismatch between client and server files making multiplayer incompatible with this mod (which is, until npcs are in, rather gamebreaking :/) plus I dont know how to script that stuff anyway. Problem is that I did most of my detailing on the torso and legs on the zombies, i realized later on when i tested that those parts arent shown since every single zombie wears pants and shirts.

man, but its alright,, your mod is really cool, it gives it a more zombie feeling having them all bloody. The only thing the zombies are missing is having them wear military uniforms, police, paramedics, doctors, city workers, etc... that make my life complete  :oops:. But overall combo breaker keep it up man, your mod is lovely!

man, but its alright,, your mod is really cool, it gives it a more zombie feeling having them all bloody. The only thing the zombies are missing is having them wear military uniforms, police, paramedics, doctors, city workers, etc... that make my life complete  :oops:. But overall combo breaker keep it up man, your mod is lovely!

That would be cool to see indeed! Thanks for your support :)

Btw, I was working on the last of us infected aswell. I had clickers and runners and stalkers done, the clickers look fucking gorgeous as a zoomed in texture file but when its in the game, all zoomed out, the mushroom on the head just looks like a bloody skull even though its orange white.