How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

• 2 weeks later...

Not a new questions guys but still.

I need a foft reset. Win server, build 26. How do i start?

Add -Dsoftreset to the command in the .bat you're starting the server from.

shuld be some misteak because it just starts as usual

I just downloaded build 26 and I noticed the join server addition.

I want to host a server on my lan with my other computer.

How do I go about that?

I know my IP address and I put it on there and the port but the other computer says connection failed.

Is there a tutorial about all of that?

Greetings! My friend and I are trying to figure out the Ways of the Admin! We tried to grant admin status to our characters using /grantadmin "User" and it keeps saying that we don't exist. The usernames we're using are the ones displayed above our heads, displayed in the users menu in game, and displayed in the multiplayer folder. Anybody know what's up with this?

Ok I don't understand how you log in as admin. This doesn't quite make sense to me:

When you first launch your server, or if no "admin" account exist, a password for the user 'admin' will be asked in your console.

Once your set 2 times the password, the admin user=admin password=yourpassword will be created, you can now log with it and administrate the server (create user, create admin, spawn items, etc.)

Trying to run my own server for the first time on my computer with Hamachi and the day cycle wasn't working and zombies wouldn't attack me. I couldn't figure out how to log in as admin either, anyone can help with this?

Ok I don't understand how you log in as admin. This doesn't quite make sense to me:

When you first launch your server, or if no "admin" account exist, a password for the user 'admin' will be asked in your console.

Once your set 2 times the password, the admin user=admin password=yourpassword will be created, you can now log with it and administrate the server (create user, create admin, spawn items, etc.)

Trying to run my own server for the first time on my computer with Hamachi and the day cycle wasn't working and zombies wouldn't attack me. I couldn't figure out how to log in as admin either, anyone can help with this?

Create admin account, log in as admin and type in chat:

/quit

Server will exit gracefuly and next time admin account will be same. Also when you log in as admin, zombie will not attack you and your movement speed increased for debuging purposes.

Just dont use admin account if you would like to play like a survivor. To create new account just log in with any username and password(passwd can be empty)

/quit

Server will exit gracefuly and next time admin account will be same. Also when you log in as admin, zombie will not attack you and your movement speed increased for debuging purposes.

Just dont use admin account if you would like to play like a survivor. To create new account just log in with any username and password(passwd can be empty)

But how do you log in as admin? I mean you are saying log in as admin but that doesn't really explain how its done? Do I type in console admin or something or in chat? Will it tell me I have logged in as admin?

/quit

But how do you log in as admin? I mean you are saying log in as admin but that doesn't really explain how its done? Do I type in console admin or something or in chat? Will it tell me I have logged in as admin?

I'd like to know the exact same question how do you actually log in as an admin after inputting the password twice. i saw it once but i didn't chance to read it now i can't find the command.

It´s no command, you just have to use "admin" as the username and the password you have set before you log in to the server (right at the "Join server"-dialog).

Thank you so much, will try this out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.
I dont know how to clean up the server (do restart, wipe). I used to remove the server from the folder "Sandbox." Now it's empty. I completely delete the C:/ users / username / zomboid /, but the characters are not removed and the world is not refreshed.

Respects

What if I forgot my Admin Password?

Go in Users/YOU/Zomboid/db and delete the world.db, unfortunatly it'll delete all the client you set, if your version is a bit old, try first to open this world.db with a SQL client to see if you can have your password non-encrypted

What if I forgot my Admin Password?

Go in Users/YOU/Zomboid/db and delete the world.db, unfortunatly it'll delete all the client you set, if your version is a bit old, try first to open this world.db with a SQL client to see if you can have your password non-encrypted

Thanks for the reply! Does that mean I would lose my world? 

(I appreciate the help!)

Updated with new Server Options for build 27 :)

• DoLuaChecksum = true // Do the lua checksum
  • Public = false // If true send the info of the server to pz.com to be visible in the public server list
  • PublicName =  // Required for public server
  • PublicDescription =  // Optionnal, for public server
  • MaxPlayers = 64 // Max players who can connect on the server (admin can by pass this)