RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

bloody hell. I looked everyone one day for just a past release/history log and could never find one.  Didnt even occur to me to check that wiki for it.

Now that i can see a "date" i can put away the torches and pitchfork for awhile. I had no use of them right now, just liked to wonder the streets at night with em to let ya all know im here and ready to use em when there needed ;)

Every past update are on this sub forum... With date, and everything inside the patch is in the OP, I don't see how difficult it is to track update...

This OP have everything between build 24 and 25 (more things are worked on, but if they are not in the OP it's because it's not finished/not tested)

And for no ETA we have our reason explained a thousand time already :D

Released on IWILLBACKUPMYSAVE branch! Many more things to add to change list. A ton of fixes that aren't in the OP yet. Please report any bugs so we can try get it in shape for general release.

Please bear in mind that save incompatibility is impossible for this version due to SP/MP merge.

Hello PZ Devs and fellow fans of PZ. New here on the forums, relatively new to PZ in general and loving it!  My friends and I have been playing the onlinetest build, and I was excited to see the news about the IWILLBACKUPMYSAVE branch update.

How does one access the IWILLBACKUPMYSAVE branch? I don't see it as a choice on the beta options.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Just wanted to post some issues I've encountered so far (Multiplayer / Server Admin Tools). I'm not sure how bug reporting goes for this build so please direct me to the right direction if this isn't the correct place to do this.

1. I was not prompted to create an admin account as stated in the Admin Tools thread.

2. PZServerSettings.exe does not have a default directory, so when you try to save it asks to select your PZ game folder. When selecting the game folder it does not save the settings. It just brings the select folder menu up again.

- I did find a work around. If you click "Settings" -> "Configure Output Folder" first and choose a folder, then click save it will generate a "SanboxVar.lua" file in the folder you selected.

- Though the program didn't state where to put this file I did find it belongs in "media\lua\server" folder that the Server.bat file reads through on launch. This will successfully load the Settings file generated by the PZServerSettings.exe

3. Upon initial launch of my first server the "serverOptions.ini" file only generated "ResetID=509790544" as its contents. I deleted the file and relaunched the server, now I have a whole bunch more options. However, still no prompt to create an admin account.

I'll keep testing and tinkering. :)

Oh RJ with your Frenchenglish... It's one of your more endearing qualities.  (fedora)

Except that it was Lemmy who wrote it. 

Always blaming RJ for typos he can't even make :(

I'm sad now...

I'm crying, every typos mistake is not my fault :(

TRY TO WRITE FRENCH YOU ENGLISH ! :D

Omelette du frogmatte?

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to be able to connect to my own server in this update(I tried using both 127.0.0.1 and my IP on evolve). It says "Connection Failed", and in the server console it appears that I try to connect and then the disconnection message appears. My cousin can't enter my server neither(same error). I'm gonna ask my cousin to try to host now and test it...

Released on IWILLBACKUPMYSAVE branch! Many more things to add to change list. A ton of fixes that aren't in the OP yet. Please report any bugs so we can try get it in shape for general release.

Please bear in mind that save incompatibility is impossible for this version due to SP/MP merge.

Yay ! Now, just have to wait for Build 25 to make its way to Desura... ;-)

Oh RJ with your Frenchenglish... It's one of your more endearing qualities.  (fedora)

Except that it was Lemmy who wrote it. 

Always blaming RJ for typos he can't even make :(

I'm sad now...

I'm crying, every typos mistake is not my fault :(

TRY TO WRITE FRENCH YOU ENGLISH ! :D

Ummm... touchè?