Other elements than rain and heat?

Special Zombie

Introducing a full level of weather would be hard but a very rewarding feature, everything from strong winds that can send objects flying and even damage your crops and house would be good. to fog that reduces visibility and even snow that muffles sound.

types of stuff that will play a part on player, npc, and zombies senses.

imagine a northerly breeze that is smelt by a zombie and its attracted by you just from that direction. :)

in snow you can follow foot prints from a fellow npc, or hunt game. even step on a crawler you cant see under the snow.

flooding that can hit the shore line.

flash fires from the surrounding forests.

oh and gradual bodies visibly rotting away in the street with flies buzzing in the hot summer sun.

in snow you can follow foot prints from a fellow npc, or hunt game. even step on a crawler you cant see under the snow.

flooding that can hit the shore line.

flash fires from the surrounding forests.

oh and gradual bodies visibly rotting away in the street with flies buzzing in the hot summer sun.

shore line?

kentucky is the red one...

800px-Kentucky_in_United_States.svg.png

a little realistic information on kentucky climate

I am on the other map and it has a shore line and river...

Well if its not a shore line then its a wide river, ideal for flooding.

I see on the news a lot of fires in america mainly on the west coast but if lets say a survivor leaves a camp fire burning during july whats to say it does not hit all them trees surrounding the town.

I am on the other map and it has a shore line and river...

Well if its not a shore line then its a wide river, ideal for flooding.

I see on the news a lot of fires in america mainly on the west coast but if lets say a survivor leaves a camp fire burning during july whats to say it does not hit all them trees surrounding the town.

it's still kentucky though...

a river yes, flooding.. hm not sure. Actually don't know much about kentucky or the rivers that flow through it... I'll google it later maybe there is some on the wiki page though about floods in kentucky.

I guess (really just guesswork) that kentucky ain't as dry as the west coast of the USA but technically fires could have course happen and spread. no point in arguing that. the mechanic though is something that needs to be though through. if there is the possibility of fire in the woods than that means you should have at least a way to fight it a little... I remember fire in the dayz mod... once it spread on the map there was no changing it back only a server restart could help...

There was fire in Dayz?

yes. basic makeshift fireplaces for cooking steaks n stuff and when a plane or a helo crashed then it could catch on fire... could also been a hack. not sure if you ask me like this... but I've seen the woods on fire. man... the things i've seen in chernarus...

I know it'll likely never happen in Kentucky at least, but having a (mild) tornado touch down somewhere on the (modded) map somewhere, would be pretty awesome. Provided you were well away from it of course :P

I'd just like to see some dynamic map destruction occurring at some point in the future. Building with cars rammed in them, fences flattened, and even whole buildings being destroyed by meta events. Having one of the thirty-five-thousand helicopters or planes flying overhead ploughing through a building or two and pulling a large horde would be damned amazing.

Snow, and hypothermia/frostbite worries?

Fog and reduced visibility?

Currently my first strategy when starting a new game is to rip off my sweater for bandages, because no matter what I get heat-moodled.

Fog could be a morning weather event. Though not Kentucky, when I was a kid in Sunnyvale, CA (about 200 miles South of San Fransisco) when I went to school the morning fog was like pea soup on the huge playground (5x bigger than a football field). You couldn't see beyond 10-15 feet in front of you.