Achievements!

LeoIvanov

Now now - there isn't much to say, but... Steam has achievements system, and having achievements in Zomboid is just going to add that "game-y" feel. I am a little low on words at the moment, so bare with me.

Let's just get right to the deal - post your ideas for achievements that you'd love to see in the future implemented into Zomboid. I've gathered a couple from the Mondoid thread - that way you don't have to repost.

- "Pearly White Intestines" (drink bleach) ~EnigmaGrey

- "the curse of the radish" (get infected due to eating a radish) ~Walther

- "it's pronounced strewberry" (plant your first strawberry seeds) ~Walther

- "are you really that hungry?" (eat a dead rat/use a dead rat in recipe) ~Walther

- "Zomboid Hipster" (purchased the game before it was cool) ~Walther

- "you're a tough one aren't you?" (recover from having a fever) ~Walther

- "where did you learn to cook?" / "martha stewart would be prowd" (set your first stove on fire) ~Walther

- "board of education" (kill a zombie with the plank) ~Walther

- "my way, or the highway" (kill your first NPC) ~Walther

Now, to add up, those are my own suggestions for the achievements.

- "This isn't a democracy anymore" (lead your first group of NPCs)

- "What's that noise?" (kill your first indoor crawler)

- "Just die already" (kill a zombie with no less than 10 hits)

- "Do you smell burning?" (die from a fire)

Suggest your own below! 

"Up a Creek Without a Paddle" - break your last weapon while surrounded by a zombie horde.

"No Touchy" - push away x number of grabbing zombies.

"Down to the Last Drop" - drink the last bit of water stored in your safe house after the water is shut off.

"There Can Be Only One!" - successfully defend your safe house from a zombie horde by yourself.

"The Power of Friendship" - successfully defend your safe house from a zombie horde in a group of survivors consisting of only yourself and one other.

"WAAAAAAAAR!" - successfully defend your safe house from a mega horde while in a group of survivors numbering three or more.

"Good Luck With That" - safe house under siege by zombie horde for the first time.

"Losing is Fun" - Die for the first time.

Here's a few from me. Sorry for the bad puns :twisted::

"Hell-bent on destruction" - Destroy your first thing with a sledgehammer

"Appetite for dysfunction()" - Encounter your first console error message/Bug (Yes I'm a GN'R fan... :D)

"(S)He's all right now" - Cut off zombies/NPCs left leg and arm (if implemented ;))

"Nailed it" - First barricade

"I just dyed a little" - Paint your first wall

World's Worst Burglar - Set off 20 alarms
Off the Hinge - Destroy a door for the first time
When You've Gotta Go.. - Close yourself in a toilet cubicle with more than 5 zombies outside
By the Skin of your Teeth - Get grabbed 10 times without being bitten or scratched
'Tis just a Scratch - Get scratched by a zombie for the first time
Love Bite - Get bitten on the neck by a zombie for the first time
Jumpscare - Have your character get shocked 10 times
I got 99 problems - Have 99 zombies or more chasing you at any one time
Timber! - Cut down your first tree
The Catwalking Dead - Change into 20 different items of clothing on one character
Survival of the Fittest - Injure a member of your group and leave them to the zombies
Unfriendly Neighbour - Shoot an unknown NPC in the back
Extermination - Destroy an entire NPC group either alone or with your group
Out of Body Experience - Encounter a previous player character as a zombie
Hungry Possum - Get bitten by a zombie that was playing dead
What's cooking? - Lure over 10 zombies into a house and set it on fire
How was your week? - Survive one week
Payday - Survive one month
Happy New Year - Survive one year
Oh Deer - Witness a deer being killed by zombies
They just keep on coming - Have over 10 of your constructs destroyed by zombies
The easy way out - Shoot yourself when you are surrounded by zombies

Here are some of my ideas, hope you like them.  Some of these are based on features not yet implemented, and as for the last one, I think that should be an option.

I'll post up some of mine from my old list later.

I loathe the idea of achievements like "Do X Y number of times." They devalue the entire idea of achievements. Achievements should be something special or extraordinary that you do, not something that just happens as you play the game. I'll show what in talking about later.

I loathe the idea of achievements like "Do X Y number of times." They devalue the entire idea of achievements. Achievements should be something special or extraordinary that you do, not something that just happens as you play the game. I'll show what in talking about later.

I support the "Do X Y number of times" style of achievement if the name of the achievement is delivered humorously or makes some kind of reference. Other than that, it's kinda pointless.

I support the "Do X Y number of times" style of achievement if the name of the achievement is delivered humorously or makes some kind of reference. Other than that, it's kinda pointless.

Those kind of achievements kind of work and fit in games, but those have to be fast-paced shooters, or something where you kill a lot of things. Not in a slow-paced, moody survival game like Zomboid though.

Incoming! These are the kind of achievements I like:

I Swore an Oath- As the police officer, save an NPC in trouble with your pistol.
Training Comes in Handy- As the police officer, kill 5 zombies in 5 seconds with the pistol.

Muscle Memory- As the fire officer, chop down a door in a burning building with an NPC inside.
It's Not Just a Tool- As the fire officer, kill a total of 50 zombies with the axe.

Your Name's Not on the List- As the security guard, kill an NPC trying to entire your safehouse.
Bounced- As the security guard, knock back 8 zombies at once with the baseball bat.

This is OUR House- As the construction worker, successfully build a safehouse from nothing and sleep in it.
Handy- As the construction worker, kill 25 zombies with the sledgehammer and 25 zombies with the hammer.

They Call Me Strider- As the park ranger, spend at least a day in a wooded area with another NPC and live to tell about it.
Squeeze the Trigger- As the park ranger, kill a zombie from the far edge of the screen with a firearm.

Doctor sounds like a plausible future profession, so:
Doctor, Doctor- As the Doctor, save someone's life who is 'dying.'
Doctor Who?- Fast forward through at least 1 year of game time (total, not all at once).

Resident, Evil: Live while being infected for more than 3 months.

Weapon Specific:

There is no Spoon: Kill a zombie with a utensil

I eat with this, too: Kill 10 zombies with a utensil

How about a magic trick: Kill a zombie with a pencil

Journalism: Kill a zombie with a pen

Knife to a gun fight: Kill an NPC that is holding a gun with a knife

The Last Samurai: Kill a zombie with a knife in one swing

Everybody likes Kung-fu Fighting!: Push two zombies to the ground at once

Squish!: Kill a zombie by curb stomping it (Needs unarmed downed attacks first)

Click, click, BOOM: Kill at least 6 zombies with one shot of the shotgun

Bullet Time: Kill a zombie with a handgun with it less than one foot away

Laser eye surgery: Kill a zombie with the rifle from maximum range (requires rifle first)

Multitool: Break down a door and kill a zombie with an axe in less than 7 seconds

Relentless: Kill 5 zombies in 10 seconds while exhausted

Breaking and entering: Kill a zombie and then smash a window in quick succession with the crowbar

Closest thing to a sword: Kill 50 zombies with the crowbar

"FORE": Kill a downed zombie with a golf club

Golf Enthusiast: Use and break at least 5 golf clubs within a single game

Stop; Hammer Time!: Kill a zombie with one swing of the hammer

You're holding it wrong: Break down 10 barricades with the hammer

Paladin: Kill 5 zombies with the sledgehammer while they're attacking friendly NPC's

Thor: Kill 50 zombies with the sledgehammer

Wok'N'Roll: Kill 11 zombies with the frying pan

I can do it all: Make a sandwich with a frying pan, then kill a zombie with a frying pan

Incoming! These are the kind of achievements I like:

I Swore an Oath- As the police officer, save an NPC in trouble with your pistol.

Training Comes in Handy- As the police officer, kill 5 zombies in 5 seconds with the pistol.

Muscle Memory- As the fire officer, chop down a door in a burning building with an NPC inside.

It's Not Just a Tool- As the fire officer, kill a total of 50 zombies with the axe.

Your Name's Not on the List- As the security guard, kill an NPC trying to entire your safehouse.

Bounced- As the security guard, knock back 8 zombies at once with the baseball bat.

This is OUR House- As the construction worker, successfully build a safehouse from nothing and sleep in it.

Handy- As the construction worker, kill 25 zombies with the sledgehammer and 25 zombies with the hammer.

They Call Me Strider- As the park ranger, spend at least a day in a wooded area with another NPC and live to tell about it.

Squeeze the Trigger- As the park ranger, kill a zombie from the far edge of the screen with a firearm.

Doctor sounds like a plausible future profession, so:

Doctor, Doctor- As the Doctor, save someone's life who is 'dying.'

Doctor Who?- Fast forward through at least 1 year of game time (total, not all at once).

Resident, Evil: Live while being infected for more than 3 months.

Weapon Specific:

There is no Spoon: Kill a zombie with a utensil

I eat with this, too: Kill 10 zombies with a utensil

How about a magic trick: Kill a zombie with a pencil

Journalism: Kill a zombie with a pen

Knife to a gun fight: Kill an NPC that is holding a gun with a knife

The Last Samurai: Kill a zombie with a knife in one swing

Everybody likes Kung-fu Fighting!: Push two zombies to the ground at once

Squish!: Kill a zombie by curb stomping it (Needs unarmed downed attacks first)

Click, click, BOOM: Kill at least 6 zombies with one shot of the shotgun

Bullet Time: Kill a zombie with a handgun with it less than one foot away

Laser eye surgery: Kill a zombie with the rifle from maximum range (requires rifle first)

Multitool: Break down a door and kill a zombie with an axe in less than 7 seconds

Relentless: Kill 5 zombies in 10 seconds while exhausted

Breaking and entering: Kill a zombie and then smash a window in quick succession with the crowbar

Closest thing to a sword: Kill 50 zombies with the crowbar

"FORE": Kill a downed zombie with a golf club

Golf Enthusiast: Use and break at least 5 golf clubs within a single game

Stop; Hammer Time!: Kill a zombie with one swing of the hammer

You're holding it wrong: Break down 10 barricades with the hammer

Paladin: Kill 5 zombies with the sledgehammer while they're attacking friendly NPC's

Thor: Kill 50 zombies with the sledgehammer

Wok'N'Roll: Kill 11 zombies with the frying pan

I can do it all: Make a sandwich with a frying pan, then kill a zombie with a frying pan

I have a suggestions to your suggestions...

"American History Z" (Squish!) : Kill a zombie by curb stomping it (Needs unarmed downed attacks first)