Banjo

Sorry, folks! I got delayed by "real life" for a few weeks, but am now back to post my mods as intended. Yay?

In an attempt to ensure that my time-sapping "mapping research" project last month wasn't totally in vain, I'm starting my mod posting with my "alternate start" mods...

----------

1. START MEGA-LIST

Mod type: alternate start / modder's resource

Starts the player randomly in one of the many interesting locations scattered all over the entire map.

This is less of a playable mod and more of a fun-to-mess-around-with one, or a basis for your own mods/coordinate research. Most locations are commercial ones (shops, warehouses, etc.)

Included in the file is an Excel spreadsheet with my mapping research data so far (it will also auto-generate spawn code from co-ordinates when entered in the correct columns).

Got a favorite map spot or somewhere cool you've found and want to start at? Post/PM me the co-ordinates and I'll update the mod to include it!

DOWNLOAD

(Apologies to those I promised this weeks ago! Hope it comes in handy!)

----------

2. START AT DIXIE MOBILE PARK

Mod type: alternate start

Starts the player somewhere in Dixie Mobile Park, south-east of Muldraugh. For more zombies, play in Sandbox mode with Zombie Distribution set to 'Uniform'.

DOWNLOAD

(I love this location!)

----------

3. START AT FARMVILLE

Mod type: alternate start

Starts the player somewhere in the farming community to the distant northwest of Muldraugh. For more zombies, play in Sandbox mode with Zombie Distribution set to 'Uniform'.

DOWNLOAD

(Hey, devs... how about placing a small shop or two in that "farmville" map region?)

----------

Also currently in progress:

• Mod that determines your start location based on your profession (with several random choices for each profession, and supporting popular custom profession mods like Xmod, Action Hero and my own WIP profession mod).

----------

Install Notes:

Being fairly OCD about mod organization, I always include easy uninstallers, but they will only work if you use my default mod install path ("mods" in the Steam/game subfolder).

NOTE: ALL MY MODS UNLESS STATED ARE FOR THE STEAM "BETA" TEST VERSION (2.9.9.17). SOME MAY NOT WORK WITH THE VERY RECENT "INTERIM" x64 STEAM TEST BUILDS OR EARLIER (NON-STEAM) BUILDS.

I hope to eventually update for compatibility with the interim build, but due to instability and what appears to be a lot of code-breaking differences (or bugs, but I'm leaning towards the former) I just don't have time to figure out what I need to change right now. :(

----------

I'll update this first post with new mods as I get them updated and playable. My professions one and my "fixes" are next...

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work in the latest Steam beta? I'm a bit lost as to what I need to change/fix in regards to the game's code changing, if this is the reason why.

(also, even if you don't want this mod you might find the included Excel spreadsheet of locations and coordinates - and that it can generate new ones for you! - very useful now we have new map areas to explore!)

• 1 month later...