help error "failed connection to TCP dowload port 16262

safer

I had your EXACT same issue yesterday and posted a thread about it.  I've provided steps on resolution in it, as it is now resolved.

Thread:  http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/17650-tcp-issue-friends-cant-join-server/

Note:  I was using Hamachi to make connections, as opposed to port-forwarding.  So the issue is likely what mine was OR you've made a mistake in port-forwarding OR firewall/anti-virus security is in the way (you can temporarily disable them both to determine if that is the issue and make "rulesets" for filtering them later if it is).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of players trying to connect to my server, hosted and on steam build, and they have this same issue, there are more players coming and going, but this two in particular have this issue, even making new chars and all that.

Any insights on what can it be?

post-12983-0-39195000-1453225636_thumb.p

The only time I've had this error on Redboid is when we're under a DDoS, but I doubt that's the case here.

Is 16261 - how ever many max players you're supporting set to TCP in both your router and firewall (for simplicity, I just set them to TCP/UDP). If so, does restarting your server resolve the issue?

I have a rented server and they changed me a time ago the port to 16311 and 163XX for players, the ports are opened, it happens only to some players but not to others every time, and some of them can log in after a few trys, and others after a bunch of trys. 

The restarts doesnt help, havent try to do a reinstall of the server tho.

If it only happens to specific poeple, it could just be a case of poor quality Internet or something like their antivirus interfering. Does it happen to them on other servers, as well?

Not sure what else can be done, though. Reinstalling the server probably won't have any effect.

As far as ive seen yes, some of the users trying to connect have the issue everytime they try to, some others and myself too, dont have any issue connecting to it. It happens on every port, and they dont seem to have the issue on other servers. Maybe something strange about the 163XX range of ports? Ill try to ask more of them, and what antivir they use too, to figure out why that can be happening.

Thanks Enigma :)

Archived