Failed to Establish P2P Connection With Server

CaptKaspar

Question

Hey Community,

I receive the message 'Failed to establish P2P connection with server' when I try to connect to my updated 33.4 server.

I recently updated my server from version 32.30 to 33.4 by going to Steam --> Library --> Tools and installing the Dedicated Project Zomboid Server. I made sure the beta IWBUMS branch was enabled and I can confirm on server launch that it is build 33.4

My client is also updated to the IWBUMS branch and has early access v. 33.4 (Steam) indicated in the lower right corner of the home screen.

Upon going to 'Online', my server is listed as active with the whitelist, ping, players, and version all showing. Early Access v 33.4 is also verified here.

I have no mods on my client. How can I verify that the server has no mods loaded? There could be one left over from pre-steam builds. *Edit* NM I checked the server settings and verified that "Mods= "

Here are screenshots of my Port Forwarding as well as the last command prompt lines for both my client and server.

http://imgur.com/a/ulWTQ

Thanks for any help or insight!

3 answers to this question

You also need port 8767 forwarded, but not sure it should result in the error your'e getting

Thanks for responding EG! I opened that port as well, but no luck.

Its weird because 32.30 works perfectly. Any updates on when/if SteamCMD can be used again?

I'm tempted to just delete everything and reinstall it, but I don't want to lose our progress on the server.

Are there any folders that I can save/set aside before doing a wipe of PZ and reinstalling to preserve our server status? Player made objects are the only big issues. We don't mind having zombies or loot reset. Characters are local so I don't think that will be an issue.