Moving Furniture Around

Blake81

This is perhaps the biggest realistic element I see missing in this game...

Why can we not move around or remove the stuff within our base? Why can't we grab some stuff from other places and bring it to our home? And finally, why do we have to use the Sledge to remove furniture instead of just, like, grabbing it and trowing it away (something which, by itself, is pretty unrealistic. See my other thread for my suggestions for the Sledge.)?

If it was the Zombie Apoc, what would stop us from grabbing a chair or a BBQ from the backyard of our already-zedified neighbors? If we need water, what would stop us from grabbing one of those office water fountains and bringing them home? Or why can't we grab another freezer to store our perishables once the other one's full?

This feature NEEDS to happen. Because in a game that's about realism, having to use a slege to destroy a garden chair instead of just moving it away completely destroys the realism....

in the scheme of things, expansion of the maps, new animations dealing with sneaking and other such things, NPC's and getting set for the next build are far more important than moving furniture around.

it will most likely come along after they are done adding the BIG things to the game and it is time to add the little details.

no ETA as to when that would possibly be, of course

in the scheme of things, expansion of the maps, new animations dealing with sneaking and other such things, NPC's and getting set for the next build are far more important than moving furniture around.

it will most likely come along after they are done adding the BIG things to the game and it is time to add the little details.

I'm curious if you (or anyone else knows) what the earlier issue was with moving furniture? I believe an earlier build or a demo had it. If I was to guess, it is the fact that existing furniture (non-player built) isn't currently destructible by zombies AND there is no character animations for it. If these are the only two bottlenecks, perhaps we could see this in any upcoming build.

I'm curious if you (or anyone else knows) what the earlier issue was with moving furniture? I believe an earlier build or a demo had it. If I was to guess, it is the fact that existing furniture (non-player built) isn't currently destructible by zombies AND there is no character animations for it. If these are the only two bottlenecks, perhaps we could see this in any upcoming build.

i don't have a clue why they were taken out. i'm 90% positive that has been answered in here before, i just cannot think of the proper search term to find it. all that was prior to me discovering the game.

cant count the many times when I cant access an area because a chair or shelf is blocking me... would be cool if we could move it. Didnt know its been suggested already but cant wait till it happens. I guess it could work like moving corpses, and when you put it down it lets you rotate it how ya want.

cant count the many times when I cant access an area because a chair or shelf is blocking me... would be cool if we could move it. Didnt know its been suggested already but cant wait till it happens. I guess it could work like moving corpses, and when you put it down it lets you rotate it how ya want.

I could see this workng out in a makeshit barricading sort of way, moving a table against a door to slow zombies down when they smash said door down?

You could move furniture around in earlier builds, but honestly, it was pretty useles. Except fo those bins. These things made woodcutting a dream.

Personaly, I would like the most if you could move furniture like you can move tent/fireplace. Right click, put it in your inventory, go where you want, right click the ground, put chair/table/whatever down, select the exact location and orientation for your furniture and done.

I would like this as well, but if they do implement maybe have it sort of on the realistic side where you may only be able to move certain items. I don't know about you guys, but I have moved fridges/stoves myself and most of the time (unless you have like a dolly thing - it is a thing on wheels you put the object on to help lift it) to move these things you need at least two people.

It would be kind of nice, for the ability to say move those BBQ things that you may see in the backyards of some houses - to my knowledge it looks like they are on wheels (the BBQ grill I have is on wheels and is fairly easy to move with one person) and that would be helpful for us to use those propane tanks we find laying around; otherwise, currently the BBQs that you find are not that great unless you happened to make your safehouse at a house that had one already.