Baldspot and kate differient endings

LeetgamerBoi

Simply put, i would enjoy it if the game's story mode had multiple endings, and you give us one, ONE, super hard to obtain good ending, where, i don't know, kate and baldspot miraculously escape the quarantine zone?
I have no clue how.

Maybe it involves having to befreind every survivor you meet, and then having to lure a massive zombie hoard (In the thousands) to the border so the military gets on edge and focuses on stopping them from getting through the fence.
Meanwhile, while the military is distracted, you, kate, and your squad cut through the fence, perhaps donning gear from dead soldiers inside the zone, and get out.

Maybe you get shot at, but the bulletproof armor narrowly saves you.
I know, i know, the whole "THIS IS HOW YOU F*ING MOTHERF*ER" thing, but give baldspot and kate at least one good thing, will yeh?

Maybe in a differient ending if you just survive enough, the military cracks down, bombing the cities, and sending troops and tanks to sweep through knox, with flamethrowers and artillery. 

When they reach your fortification, they burn it, and everyone inside it. 

And in another, the infection has a chance of breaking out, and they drop an hydrogen bomb to wipe out knox, and the surrounding fortifications.

Remember, this is story mode, not sandbox.
It's okay if it has a timeframe/  limit if it's not TOO short.

Not every zombie movie/book/game has to have a pitiful ending, or a grand, amazing one.
Just refugees escaping and seeking sanctity behind the press and the public is not too uncommon, even in unimaginable situations in real life.

"There was no hope of survival. This is how you died..."

It's because if you know how the story and plot will go down, why even play it?

You don't survive anything.

You die eventually, in real life too.

Why must it be that way anyway?

It seems fairly overly depressing and Overpowered to all  of the other forces to force the player to die no matter what.

That sounds the most video-gamey of all. one ending that you cannot change, nor are there any alternatives.

don't you agree?

Unimaginable things happen all the time, why must this be any different.

A woman literally fell from an airplane at it's usual altitude of like 30K feet. And lived.

You could say that about her during her fall, but look what happened.

What I mean is that PZ is supposed to be a hopeless story. That's also why a cure to the zombie virus is probably the biggest no-no on the suggestions list. Don't you think that a happyend for Kate and Baldspot (and now I don't mean finding the cure, just something like getting to a safezone that looks really promising) would give players unrealistic expectations?

It's no secret that the devs WANT to kill you, preferably in the most painful ways possible and the faster the better. If a character survives for too long, it's usually attributed to the fact that the game is still not finished and certain things need to be updated and tweaked before we get the ultimate dieing experience.

The inevitability of your death is what stands Project Zomboid out from the other zombie games, I feel. The point is to survive as long as you can, though I suppose it is rather strange how your character feels no need to try to leave the area.

I just don't like the idea of not being able to win the game.

I don't care if it breaks lore.

Just make it an easter egg or something.

Maybe as a reward if you manage to survive a massive time like 5 years.

What I mean is that PZ is supposed to be a hopeless story. That's also why a cure to the zombie virus is probably the biggest no-no on the suggestions list. Don't you think that a happyend for Kate and Baldspot (and now I don't mean finding the cure, just something like getting to a safezone that looks really promising) would give players unrealistic expectations?

It's no secret that the devs WANT to kill you, preferably in the most painful ways possible and the faster the better. If a character survives for too long, it's usually attributed to the fact that the game is still not finished and certain things need to be updated and tweaked before we get the ultimate dieing experience.

Why have a story mode though?

If you die no matter what, the story is futile from the beginning.

At least a decision that breaks your heart like you have to pick kate or baldspot to escape and live, while the other dies.

But inevitable death is also unrealistic in an outbreak scenario.

No matter what has happpened in human history, no matter what, if it happens to a massive amount of people, at least a few are bound to survive. Perhaps due to sheer luck, but still.

I think the game should at the very least not bar you from TRYING to  escape.

Just make it incredibly hard, but doable with cheats.

The inevitability of your death is what stands Project Zomboid out from the other zombie games, I feel. The point is to survive as long as you can, though I suppose it is rather strange how your character feels no need to try to leave the area.

I just don't like the idea of not being able to win the game.

I don't care if it breaks lore.

Just make it an easter egg or something.

Maybe as a reward if you manage to survive a massive time like 5 years.

A lot of people do care though, you have to think about the community as a whole rather than just what you want, I'm afraid. Maybe someone will make a mod that implements some sort of military radio broadcast which speaks of a set extraction point by helicopter.

For me, the beauty of a good story is in the telling of it, not the ending. The story of your death is the tale of how you lived.

When faced with your impending doom, did you become a murdering, thieving asshole, or did you try and hold on to your sense of humanity, even as the world fell apart around you?

What did you do when you suspected your best friend was bit? Did finding out they'd been hording a secret stash of food make you regret your decision?

When the alarm went off and alerted the horde, did you snatch the food, or take the gun?

At the moment of truth, did you sacrifice yourself to save the ones you loved or did you flee and leave them behind?

For me, trying to find the answers to those questions is the only story I need.

the End Game is simply that you WILL die.

thats it.

making any other ending, such as you finding a place where there are no zombies, is unacceptable.

I was under the impression that the "Knox event" Was contained to JUST knox county.

So if you escaped, you're home free back in america, with normal humans.

As long as you don't let the zombies out, that is.

What makes it unnacceptable?

For me, the beauty of a good story is in the telling of it, not the ending. The story of your death is the tale of how you lived.

When faced with your impending doom, did you become a murdering, thieving asshole, or did you try and hold on to your sense of humanity, even as the world fell apart around you?

What did you do when you suspected your best friend was bit? Did finding out they'd been hording a secret stash of food make you regret your decision?

When the alarm went off and alerted the horde, did you snatch the food, or take the gun?

At the moment of truth, did you sacrifice yourself to save the ones you loved or did you flee and leave them behind?

That's sandbox mode.

Baldspot and kate, i assume, are supposed to be an "Actual" Story mode, like in pretty much 99% of other games.

thats it.

making any other ending, such as you finding a place where there are no zombies, is unacceptable.

I was under the impression that the "Knox event" Was contained to JUST knox county.

That's sandbox mode.

Baldspot and kate, i assume, are supposed to be an "Actual" Story mode, like in pretty much 99% of other games.

And the 1% of the games, is the one I love. for example, Papers Please's story isn't buit by a set story, it's built by the choices you make.

Do you let a girl without a proper passport pass because your friend who saved you many times is related to her? Or do you reject her, in an effort to keep your job? It's the story that is narrated by what you do, as a player.

It kinda seems like you are asking for a linear story mode of sorts, and maybe it's just me, but that seems a lot off.

thats it.

this is a game about How You Died, not How You Escaped

the end game is clearly spelled out in those three words

Just a reminder to everyone to be lovely to one another.

Though the main game is very unlikely to have a story with an ending, challenge modes and the original story mode (an example of multiple issues, in comic book form -- however, the K&B story is, as far as I know, meant to be an entrance path to Survival) could have the potential for an alternative to This Is How You Died, even if the Survival mode doesn't.

Well, given the way the game works there'll be a TON of endings - but one throughline in terms of where the story takes you. So... I guess everyone in this thread will be happy.

[hopefully]

One of the Devs manifested... So there will be a lot of diferent endings

You are told from the start of the play that Romeo and Juliet die.

Will you get up and leave because you know the ending?

No.  How a story unfolds is what makes it good.

Yes I would leave. I hate spoilers.

Seriously though, the point of the game, its chalenge, is SURVIVAL and not that you die.

I feel it would be very frustrating for everyone if you manage to survive for years and years and not reach an ending.

I made a preliminar calculation (can be wrong) and it would take a entire year (assuming you play for 12 hours a day) to pass 10 years ingame (using the setting of sandbox for 8 months after the outbreak). After that incredible huge amount of ingame time the character most probably would have mastered all skills available and the player would be so experient that only if he made a great mistake he would die at the hands of the undead... got my point? If not...

My point is: There are people that like to "beat" a game, to defeat every single chalenge and peril thrown at then. Such people are the ones playing the game right now (at least they are a majority). I count myself as one of then.

I nearly died of exaustion last night in the game trying to reach the police station in Muldraugh by running from the zombies and bashing their heads with the two axes I had (both broke by the way) and in the end I escaped by the woods and ended in the wood cutting camp where I crashed in the chairs outside. I survived and managed to reach my safehouse (on the way I found a new axe yay ^^). I killed like 50 zombies last night and today I am up for more.

People with skill and patience can survive for years in this game and it would be very frustrating for future customers to find a game where you have no choice but die.

It's not really a spoiler since it's the intention of the author for the audience to keep in mind both Romeo and Juliet died.

I like to think of TIS like Shakespeare, where they've written you a fantastical masterpiece of death and tragedy, and they want you to know that you die, so they can describe it and lead up to it in the most artful and immersive methods they have available.

(tophat)

For example:

"Project Zomboid, a tragic story about how two lovers caught in a zombie apocalypse fight to survive but are brutally overwhelmed in the end...Experience every encounter, choice, and problem just as they do, experience the sickening results till the end, and see what becomes of them as they are thrown into the worst of situations..."

And as far as good players lasting a long time goes...TIS wants you to die in the end, as awfully as possible.  BUT, they also want it to be your fault.  As your character's flesh is torn from his body and you gasp in anguish at all the progress lost, the only one to blame will be your own faulty decisions as you forget to check the bathroom, or make sure there are no crawlers, etc.  What kills you in the end will be your own responsibility. 

It's not really a spoiler since it's the intention of the author for the audience to keep in mind both Romeo and Juliet died.

I like to think of TIS like Shakespeare, where they've written you a fantastical masterpiece of death and tragedy, and they want you to know that you die, so they can describe it and lead up to it in the most artful and immersive methods they have available.

(tophat)

For example:

"Project Zomboid, a tragic story about how two lovers caught in a zombie apocalypse fight to survive but are brutally overwhelmed in the end...Experience every encounter, choice, and problem just as they do, experience the sickening results till the end, and see what becomes of them as they are thrown into the worst of situations..."

And as far as good players lasting a long time goes...TIS wants you to die in the end, as awfully as possible.  BUT, they also want it to be your fault.  As your character's flesh is torn from his body and you gasp in anguish at all the progress lost, the only one to blame will be your own faulty decisions as you forget to check the bathroom, or make sure there are no crawlers, etc.  What kills you in the end will be your own responsibility. 

And that is the main problem.

The point of my previous post is that there should be a reward for players that manage to defeat the devs by surviving all the nightmares they created to kill you, be it disease, zombies, starvation and etc etc etc. In the end it will not be the players fault if they die. It will be boredom because after 10+ years inside the game (assuming one have the patience for that) it will become a really tedious rotine and most probably the player will give up and let the zombies kill his character.... that's lame of TIS if that is their intention.

In fact, death during the zombie outbreak could not be the only ending.

One of the starting phares is "There was no hope of surviving"

English is not my native language (I am brazilian) but that phrase can mean two things to me:

1- Theres no change for you to live

2- No one though that you could survive

But all that is my interpretation.

thats it.

It's an apocalypse in progress. It just starts with the quarantine of Knox County

You die ...

the reason why, if get mauled by Zed´s or break your neck while you fell over your overlong hair or get hit by a nut a squirrel has thrown is no mater :)

The is no cure and no escape and maybe it´s the first and last time in human history the humans don´t get over it just get erased from history

Long life the Spiffo :D

You die ...

the reason why, if get mauled by Zed´s or break your neck while you fell over your overlong hair or get hit by a nut a squirrel has thrown is no mater :)

The is no cure and no escape and maybe it´s the first and last time in human history the humans don´t get over it just get erased from history

Tell me this after one or two year playing this game with the same character.

I know that I will not give up and let the game beat me. I WILL BEAT THE GAME. :P

You die ...

Tell me this after one or two year playing this game with the same character.

I know that I will not give up and let the game beat me. I WILL BEAT THE GAME. :P

See^^ 2 years :) i don´t know if yet the age has any consequse or that you really die at max 100 years old but if there is a set date that will be it :)

and what is so good about the game :) it´s is what you make out of it :)

set yourself goals to reach or try to go for any kind of copetition you can call here^^ but with every once in a while new updates and content there is not really playing the same char for ever :) at least for now and me

I didn't expect this question. I disagree there should be an ending where you survive. But lets hear him out on the multiple endings. I always imagined Baldspot sacrificing himself to cultists in an attempt to get Kate out of a dire situation and later Kate becomes a BAMF (As she was throughout the story in my head) and leads an entire town full of people for a long time (don't know how long that's where the ending stopped for me.) 

So definitely has a point. Also I think K and B storyline should be coop. Just a thought. Optional coop I mean.