Help setting up New Denver for multiplayer server

Rukio

I followed these steps:

Extract contents of "mapfiles" to 
steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh, KY
and the "New Denver, BC" folder to
steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps .

The map loads and lets me spawn in New Denver. However I have not yet found out how I get this to work for multiplayer. I've edited the server.ini for: Mods=New Denver, BC Map=New Denver, BC . I've tried changing the Mods= too ND1.3, New Denver and NewDenver. Server keeps failing to load the mod. I've tossed the folder into the mods in the User/Zomboid/Mods . I've tried taking the New Denver folder out of the .rar folder and stuck it in the Zomboid/Mods. 

I'm out of ideas. Anyone have a clue?

If I recall correctly there is a "SpawnRegions.lua" file you need to modify on the server in order to add the spawn points into the character creation screen.

I am on mobile at the moment and don't recall exactly where the .lua is located, but you will need to add a line of code that directs to the New Denver directory and the spawn point lua found in that folder. It took me a while to get ND set up on my server, but it will work.

If you don't find the proper response within a few hours when I get home I'll track down that file/directory for you

If I recall correctly there is a "SpawnRegions.lua" file you need to modify on the server in order to add the spawn points into the character creation screen.

I am on mobile at the moment and don't recall exactly where the .lua is located, but you will need to add a line of code that directs to the New Denver directory and the spawn point lua found in that folder. It took me a while to get ND set up on my server, but it will work.

If you don't find the proper response within a few hours when I get home I'll track down that file/directory for you

There is a servertest_spawnredgions.lua however I'm not sure how to go about editting that. The file is located in Computer/Local Disk/User/Username/Zomboid/Server. Also what would I put in the lua?

I'd assume the main issue is what to put in the ini folder for it to load the mod. I keep getting 'mod required mod failed to load.'

Yeah i think i did that but it still didn't spawn me in New Denver, even when creating a fixed spawn point that i know was located inside Denver it spawned me in a forest. I added these lines to the lua legion file inside server folder.

{ name = "New Denver, BC", file = "media/maps/New Denver, BC/spawnpoints.lua" },

But it still didn't work. :/

Also the map didn't come with an ID so i tried using different names in the mod file for server to try and get it to load but getting the same error message as Rukio

• 5 months later...

I made it now. If one wants the map to be integrated in the existing one, you just need to install the map as you would for singleplayer on the server and all clients. I don't know what happens to connected players that do not have the map installed. Would be nice to write it in the server ini to ensure everyone has the right versions and stuff.

Also you can't chose a spawnpoint of the new maps, this way.

I haven't tried to create the mod-files as described in an old post from the devs. Because it looks like as if this would replace the default map. But the mentioned post sadly isn't very specific about that.

Lastly I couldn't get the TWD-Prison to work, because it overwrites the object.lua and than the server is kicking everyone because of wrong lua checksum. I wouldn't want to deactivate that check.

• 5 months later...