RELEASED: Build 30.16

EasyPickins

"HOW DO I GET THIS?"

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

We may want to release this on Monday so any testing you can do would be greatly appreciated.

• Fixed empty containers when joining a server in a previously-unvisited area. (Issue #001247)
  • Fixed soft-reset exception with Erosion. (Issue #001246)
  • Fixed potential infinite loop in path-find thread in multiplayer.
  • Fixed context menus and tooltips not getting freed (memory leak).
  • Zombies won't spot the player if the chance of spotting is less than 1%. (Issue #001232)
  • Fixed Logs not getting removed from a container when sawing them in multiplayer. (Issue #001236)
  • Removed Carpentry XP multiplier for barricade/unbarricade actions. (Issue #001239)
  • Fixed well-fed moodle status not being saved/loaded. (Issue #001249)
  • Fixed thirst becoming negative which removed the need to drink for long periods.
  • Fixed farming window not being tall enough when plants had multiple diseases. (Issue #001257)
  • Fixed book tooltip not showing correct pages read for all coop players.  (Issue #001248)
  • Fixed duplicate Fatigue in food tooltips. (Issue #001258)

We may want to release this on Monday so any testing you can do would be greatly appreciated.

• Fixed empty containers when joining a server in a previously-unvisited area. (Issue #001247)
  • Fixed soft-reset exception with Erosion. (Issue #001246)
  • Fixed potential infinite loop in path-find thread in multiplayer.
  • Fixed context menus and tooltips not getting freed (memory leak).
  • Zombies won't spot the player if the chance of spotting is less than 1%. (Issue #001232)
  • Fixed Logs not getting removed from a container when sawing them in multiplayer. (Issue #001236)
  • Removed Carpentry XP multiplier for barricade/unbarricade actions. (Issue #001239)
  • Fixed well-fed moodle status not being saved/loaded. (Issue #001249)
  • Fixed thirst becoming negative which removed the need to drink for long periods.
  • Fixed farming window not being tall enough when plants had multiple diseases. (Issue #001257)
  • Fixed book tooltip not showing correct pages read for all coop players.  (Issue #001248)
  • Fixed duplicate Fatigue in food tooltips. (Issue #001258)

Great!!! Thanks a lot staff!!!!!!! 8-)

P.S. Hey Boss i have a question.... for to see the effects of the release, i have to cancel the old save and restart new one? Or i can continue to play with the last save?

Thanks in advance for the answers

Bug I noticed, I made a few bowls of stew and when I clicked eat all there was 1 hunger reduction left in the bowl, AND the full bonus of boredom and unhappiness was left unscathed so I essentially got the bonus twice by finishing the remaining -1 in the bowl.

A little update, still version 30.16 since no Lua files changed.

PZCacheDir.png

You can tell the game where to save all the settings/savefiles with this in Steam (instead of C:\Users\Tim\Zomboid for example).  Some people's system drives are smaller SSDs and they don't like filling them with game stuff.

I also optimized something to do with calculating line of sight (actually, tracking which zones are seen) that will have the most impact on servers with lots of players.

That's it? Are these hotfixes becoming smaller or are there just less things to fix? Should be adding content soon.

Some hotfixes are easier to push out, and its probably easier to test the "fixes" as well if there is not a ton of them out at once.

That's it? Are these hotfixes becoming smaller or are there just less things to fix? Should be adding content soon.

The build 30 is "finished" so only hotfixes are pushed on it.

If you follow Mondoid you'll see we released some info on build 31, which is currently worked too. (Tim is still on build 30 while Chris and I are on 31, but I think Tim will come party with us soon on build 31 :P)

Should already be the case, health of plant should drop during winter

Yeah, but its not dropping enough to actually kill them off. I had potatoes flourishing with snow on the ground for over a month. The temp threshold and health drain might be a bit too low.....

Probably whats confusing you is that they started a new thread for version 30.16!

There has been multiple other patches but those notes exist in the other thread :

30.15 Update:

• Freed up over 90MB of memory.  Hopefully, this will help with people getting stuttering.
  • Reduced endurance loss when starting a fire with notched plank + sturdy stick.
  • Fixed foraging adding items to inventory past max weight of 50. (Issue #001230)

30.14 update:

• Fixed exceeding container capacity when putting containers in other containers. (Issue #001206)
  • Item weights are now displayed to the second decimal place, ex 1.15.  This was done to fix some very light items appearing to have 0.0 weight (like seeds and bandages).  The weight of containers now includes the weight of items in the container (so you'll see the total weight of a bag plus it's contents).  An equipped item displays a lower weight than it does when unequipped.
  • Fixed not getting Strength XP when carrying over 50% of max weight sometimes.  The weight of stuff in containers wasn't being counted.
  • Fixed fish not having the proper weight.  Fish are quite heavy, and may be difficult to stuff into a bag with cutting into pieces.  Fillets over weight 1.0 can now be cut into two equal-sized portions.
  • Fixed indoor zombies never spawning in a room with less than 20 squares.  This was accidentally nerfed back in June!  So closest zombies are back.
  • Fixed sound not pausing/unpausing when using the speed-control buttons. (Issue #001226)
  • Fixed Erosion removing some trees/plants/bushes/grass but not replacing them with anything.  This fixes "invisible trees" in the New Denver map for example.
  • Fixed getting hungry/thirsty/etc twice as fast as in Build 29.
  • Fixed farming-speed sandbox option making plants grow way to quickly or way too slowly.

IWBUMS hotfix/balance release (build 30.13):

• Load scripts/ files in the same order each time, with mod files coming last. (Issue #001214)
  • Fixed (RECOMMENDED) translation in FPS option.
  • Revert server-loads-chunks-before-sending Build-30 change. Client updates Erosion now too.
  • Fixed server-zombies not getting saved when PauseEmpty is true.
  • Clothing item no longer saves texture name (it was always null on server).
  • Simply mute the sound in the main menu in multiplayer.
  • Fixed weight of some items being reported as 0.0. (Issue #001212)
  • ChopTreeAction gives BladeMaintenance XP and uses getMaintenanceMod(). (Issue #001209)
  • Fixed AxeStone getting unequipped in right hand when chopping a tree. (Issue #001207)
  • Fixed aiming with the controller "snapping" to N/S/W/E directions.
  • Fixed 4k resolution exception when creating FBO.
  • Pause sound effects when the game is paused (or in the main menu).
  • Fixed whiskey hunger-change when used to disinfect a wound.
  • Fixed winter foraging and fishing. (Issue #001196)  
  • Reduced the amount of goods/plants found during scavenging.
  • Increased a lot the time for a plant to go from mature to rotten.
  • Fixed unemployed in Muldraugh fixed spawn point.
  • You can now use mushroom in evolved recipe (soup, stew...).
  • Reduced the capacity of the first aid kit (from 8 to 5).
  • You can now bandage/stitch even with a splint.
  • You can now fish again during winter, it's just harder.
  • Updated Japanese, Dutch, Polish and Spanish Translations.
  • Added Simplified Chinese translation.

How can I revert to 30.15 to keep playing on a server that hasn't updated yet? I tried going to steam properties and fiddling with the beta tab but I couldn't find anything.

I hate to tell you, but right now there is not a way. The server must be updated.

Small issue since the 30.16 release - Loaded up my old save, Vanilla except for Leo's TWD Prison mod, (latest), and I'm getting these odd shadows now on the map. In one area of shadow, I could even see two stationary Zombies, that only started moving when I got too close:

54yJ4dn.jpg

oWgVoNW.jpg

QsGUS6y.jpg

NUgwl03.jpg

9zFB4MQ.jpg

0YhDMiV.jpg

EVf6T5w.jpg

AXkgVBa.jpg

Anyone else had this issue?

-snip-

Might be a custom map problem... Also saves don't always carry across a build. I'd suggest starting a new game and see if it persists. Then maybe contact Leo if he's giving support for the map and try to find if it's in there. And if not, and if you can replicate it in vanilla map, you should report it in the bugs section.

seems like the 30.16 patch killed my 30.15 multiplayer save game.

server wont start because of some problem with the erosion.ini

it happened after patching but im not quite sure if the patch caused it,

since someone already had the same problem a month ago...

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12096-error-when-opening-my-server/

Have you deleted map_t, as suggested in the thread?

• Fixed indoor zombies never spawning in a room with less than 20 squares.  This was accidentally nerfed back in June!  So closest zombies are back.

holycrapcowmoly - so I knew the above, and I was expecting finding a zed in the upstairs of a house somewheres, and I found one in a bathroom unaware of me and snuck up to for the kill, but never, never even saw his partner approach from the corner until it took a bite out of me.

I'm both loving and hating that game change at this moment.