In The Flesh PZ Community Show!

Welcome to a really looong thread and this is your host, Some Clever Username but for one night only, you can call me Some Clever Host! Lets get started!

In The Flesh

A Pz Forum Show Thing

So, let's talk about what the hell this is. It's similar to a couple of things going on here in the creative forums or whatever this place is called. Many Role Playing Show like things have popped up where peeps have created similar things like this that can be found here: theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10390-project-zomboid-stories-online-issue-1/page-4#entry142307 and here: http://theindiestone...hree-no-escape/

This is similar but different. In The Flesh is where I have created a general story and characters. You can audition for one and you'll see that in a minute. Players must record their game play as one of these characters in a private online server where we will role play them and record it into a Walking Dead like show.

I will give a general story with goals for each episode or recording session. Many characters and events will be up to the players as they will be the survivors. I will throw in new characters to spice up things like maybe a new villain but the rest is up to the players. If your character dies in a fight or gets killed by zombies then that character is DEAD! Even if that character is a main character, we'll just play along with what happens.

I'll message people involved for more info like recording times

Requirements:

• You will need a mic to record your voice
  • You will need a Youtube channel to post your auditions for characters. ( If you don't want to keep them up, after the part is given away you can delete the auditions)
  • You will need a way to record playing (Exceptions can be made for minor characters). Main characters have to record no matter what. That's so we can send videos to me for editing and posting them on my Youtube. I don't have a way to send the vids to me yet but we'll work on that later.
  • PZ (duh!)

Story Telling:

• I will have a general story for most episodes but survivors are in charge of themselves. If you are a main character but die waaaay early by a stupid bite, well, your dead, bye! and if a minor character just survives super long, good job! That means...
  • Role playing will be the major story telling here! If Scott is supposed to take control of the group but gets bit the you have to play along and the "goal" no longer madders.
  • Goals are the only planned things in episodes like, "Jimmy leaves the group". This goal must eventually become accomplished in the recording time Again, if Jimmy dies before that then it becomes a matter of role play and the goal is disbanded
  • Anyone can kill anyone
  • Do pretty much anything you want

Auditions And Characters:

• Characters have certain personalities, features and voices that must be followed while playing the character. Thes will be given to the player of them before filming
  • Ex. Bill is wimpy coward so he hides and doesn't fight even if you want fight these personalities change over time.
  • Audition on a Youtube channel and message me the video and I'll choose who get the role but don't worry, there's always next time.
  • In auditions you must try to sound like the character you want to play as ex. tough, wimpy ect.
  • In auditions you can say anything you want just make it sound like the character.

Server:

• NEED SOMEONE TO HOST IT! IF YOU WANT TO HELP US OUT WITH THAT THEN MESSAGE MEH!

Current Auditions:

Check here to see who got the part but I'll also message that person. If the character has a :excl: by them that means they have a possible major role unless they die meaning these guys are main villains and such.

:excl: Scott: Wimpy and frightened younger brother to Jeff. Over time he will change into a badass if he makes it that far. Will need to be voiced by a male, sorry ladies  - Not Taken

:excl: Jeff: Older, more mature brother of Scott. He will need to be separated from group so will not have to play in the 2nd episode and on until told to come back to filming! Will need to be played as a male, sorry again ladies - Not Taken

:excl: Randy: Redneck neighbor of Scott and Jeff. Has a problem with Jeff. Is very tough and strong. May become a leader of a group so keep that in mind. Last male only character EVER! Sorry again ladies- Not Taken

Jake/ Jenna: A respected character of the group that Scott and Randy will join. Unofficial leader at first and follows Randy's lead. They can be played by either gender- Not Taken

Frank/ Francine: A quiet background character that goes on many supply runs and normally keeps to them self but dose talk with the group from time to time. Usually very nice. Can be played by either gender- Not Taken

Mark/ Mary: A wimpy but snobby character that never goes on runs and just wastes space. Acts too good for doing supply runs. Very hated. Can be played by either gender - Not Taken

:excl: Billy/ Billie: Major Villain. Hates the group but is on their own so needs to use zombies to attack the base. Especially hates Jake/ Jenna and they are a more main target over everyone else. But everyone is fair game. Needs to sound at least a bit menacing Can be played by any gender- Not Taken

Episodes and Filming:

• Filming times will be given to players
  • Episodes will be posted on this thread

Remember: We need a private server if we do this so if anyone wants to help that'd be great!

And one last important thing: I'm not the type of person to stick with stuff because I get bored of things quick so someone else may just have to take this over because of my unreasonableness.

Damn! I hate having to be serious about all this! Better go make some stupid jokes on some threads! Bye!

This idea is damn perfect, it needs people like Rycon and that other guy with his own zomboid series to team up and make a great series. I MIGHT end up being a part of this, but the only trouble I'm facing is recording zomboid footage. First, because long zomboid sessions take almost 100+ Gigs of space to store when recording on fraps, and second because fraps eats up a lot of FPS (And I don't have much of those in the first place), meaning the video quality would really end up being "meh" with barely crawling higher than 20 FPS.

This idea is damn perfect, it needs people like Rycon and that other guy with his own zomboid series to team up and make a great series. I MIGHT end up being a part of this, but the only trouble I'm facing is recording zomboid footage. First, because long zomboid sessions take almost 100+ Gigs of space to store when recording on fraps, and second because fraps eats up a lot of FPS (And I don't have much of those in the first place), meaning the video quality would really end up being "meh" with barely crawling higher than 20 FPS.

Thanks! Exceptions can be made for recording purposes! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man does that sound rad. I could maybe play a Frank or a Mark if text-only speech, infrequent availability, and dreadful net speeds/uglyforeverlags were acceptable. But wowie that'd be really sicka to see happen. I hope you find people that can do this!

Wow, I forgot all about this! XD If people still want to do it then send me a link to a video with your audition. :)

May I play as a mute character? My written english is ok (i think) but my oral english is HORRIBLE :D

Also you could record the voice over the video or get someone to do it. 

If you want to play a mute character then you'd have to wait until the next auditions because I might add bandits or something to fight the group. :)

Archived