The effectiveness of swords against zombies

Gaffa Tape Warrior

This is a proposition for a discussion about using swords against zombies. Other things about swords, like how one would get or make one, can be discussed in other topics, but I hope for there to be an efficient collection of arguments and information on the single topic of their use against zombies.
If, somehow, one may get a sword or a machete, then it may be used against zombies, and it would be good for the programmers to have a good idea of what could be done with such weapons against the living dead (Though limited by the knowledge of the contributors), therefore this thread would be of use to them.

If you could, in your writing, also include your sources of information, then that would be good, and if you can use references then that would be great.

I will try to edit this post to list all of the arguments and references put forth below (Not sure how many there are going to be though).

I ask the administrators not to lock this topic, as has been done to some others, because that would be bad. If it seems there is nothing more to say, then the topic can be left alone until someone new sees it and has more to contribute, but if it is locked then the discussion must start all over again in a copy thread, which is inefficient. If some people end up being un-lovely to each other, then it is not necessary to lock the whole thread. Censorship is the enemy of open discussion.

Below is a list of things said:
(Starting with one by myself)

Swords and machetes vary in size and shape.

I, you know.

I'm tempted to just leave this thread alone and let it prosper, but if the main goal of your suggestion is to actually have others create the topic for you, I'm just not sure it really fits here. After all that stuff about free speech and a request for strict criteria, to open with "Swords and machetes vary in size and shape" from your own hand is just so disappointing.

Do you think this thread will recover from that shock? I don't. But please, come back with some content and we'll try this again! Or, necro one of the older discussions (not all are locked) if you have something specific in mind.