Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

Press M whilst in-game.

See, now I feel stupid... But thanks :D

Maybe one last suggestion? Thanks to a recent Helicopter flying overhead a horde decided to take up residence right next to my safehouse. I've worked too damn long to up and move. I managed to kill off the horde, but now there are bodie littering the spot I was going to use as farmland :(

Maybe not this or the next update, but maybe add a way to get rid of the zombambo bodies? Much like this, maybe? http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/CorpseMod/

So many bodies...

• Improved night time, is now lighter, still dangerously dark but not totally black.

Not sure how I feel about this. It'll help being able to navigate if you stupidly get stuck in the woods, but on the other hand it kinda makes the flashlight sort of useless.

Oh, and welcome back to changelogging, Lemmy. Robert didn't give free french food, so he got boring. Oh, how I would love some fresh, stinky, non-synthetic blue cheese.

I don't think its going to render the flashlight useless. Its still going to be insanely difficult to see zombies walk up on  you. Or make out details in the world to really see and figure out where you are, I'm sure.

Could you maybe slip in an option to turn off music? I don't know if it's just me and my computer, but the music is really overpowering to every other sound in the game, so I an't hear anything else

that's the exact opposite of me and i love the music i wish i could turn it up

Could you maybe slip in an option to turn off music? I don't know if it's just me and my computer, but the music is really overpowering to every other sound in the game, so I an't hear anything else

that's the exact opposite of me and i love the music i wish i could turn it up

When I play PZ I turn it up to 11

myG02DY.jpg

:mrgreen:

• Improved night time, is now lighter, still dangerously dark but not totally black.

Not sure how I feel about this. It'll help being able to navigate if you stupidly get stuck in the woods, but on the other hand it kinda makes the flashlight sort of useless.

Oh, and welcome back to changelogging, Lemmy. Robert didn't give free french food, so he got boring. Oh, how I would love some fresh, stinky, non-synthetic blue cheese.

I don't think its going to render the flashlight useless. Its still going to be insanely difficult to see zombies walk up on you. Or make out details in the world to really see and figure out where you are, I'm sure.
The problem I've been having is that even though it gets so dark you have to bump into everything as if you're a blind man with a cane, the zombies can see you a mile away.

And then there are the times where you are standing still in a hidden part of a house, and somehow they detect you through the walls and start tapping on the windows.

I have a feeling these have to do with that bright spot that follows you around. Hopefully this fix deals with that problem.

And then there are the times where you are standing still in a hidden part of a house, and somehow they detect you through the walls and start tapping on the windows.

I have also noticed this. I was pinning it on the fact my water was shut off, so I started to smell... Zombie's love a smelly man ;)

Maybe one last suggestion? Thanks to a recent Helicopter flying overhead a horde decided to take up residence right next to my safehouse. I've worked too damn long to up and move. I managed to kill off the horde, but now there are bodie littering the spot I was going to use as farmland :(

Maybe not this or the next update, but maybe add a way to get rid of the zombambo bodies? Much like this, maybe? http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/CorpseMod/

So many bodies...

Corpse disposal is confirmed planned for the future. You can see a list of planned features in this thread: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ Of which cleaning up corpses and blood is one. Cheers!

I am going to piss off everybody in every damn update so when can I excpect splitscreen fixes?

Nasko stop with your soon :D

Dont take me wrong but there was a post in a mondoid long time ago which said that there will be splitscreen fixes in the next update

PS: I am not mad im just worried ;(

I am going to piss off everybody in every damn update so when can I excpect splitscreen fixes?

Dont take me wrong but there was a post in a mondoid long time ago which said that there will be splitscreen fixes in the next update

Hello there :D

I'am the one who supposed to fix that splitscreen stuff, but for now I need to fix single player stuff :(

I think I'll be on it after the next STABLE release, not forum test release :)

The reason is pretty simple : I still have my job for now, and I can't plug a XBOX controller in my job PC (you can insult them :P), so when I'm at work, I still dev on PZ (that's bad, but who care ? I dismissed :D), and when I'm back at home, I finish that dev/testing it, so I don't really do controller/split screen stuff...

I'll be soon fulll-time PZ, and it'll be much easier for me :)

Sorry for the waitin' buddy :(

I'am the one who supposed to fix that splitscreen stuff, but for now I need to fix single player stuff :(

The reason is pretty simple : I still have my job for now, and I can't plug a XBOX controller in my job PC (you can insult them :P), so when I'm at work, I still dev on PZ (that's bad, but who care ? I dismissed :D), and when I'm back at home, I finish that dev/testing it, so I don't really do controller/split screen stuff...

I Love You

Is the whole too many zombies thing fixed yet? If not can you add that to this one. Cause at the moment, there are waaay to many hordes appearing at complete random, in the town that's fine, but out in the middle of nowhere and up near the farm with the well, the place is feckin flooded with em

Thanks

Winston

Is the whole too many zombies thing fixed yet? If not can you add that to this one. Cause at the moment, there are waaay to many hordes appearing at complete random, in the town that's fine, but out in the middle of nowhere and up near the farm with the well, the place is feckin flooded with em

Thanks

Winston

It's already fixed in the .16

i noticed zombie levels are fine but if i save and go back in there are much much more i checked with the save editor thing and it was still on low but  but there was to many to be on low like i could see 4-5 at by looking straight not like the 1-2 on low i cant show you the save because it became corrupted when i tried to play the game and keep the editor that changed the settings up at the same time oops :oops:

For a long time I thought the game was too light at night. Just played build .16, was actually really impressed with how dark it got at night.

Nobody in their right mind would dare walk through a town at midnight, especially when the electricity is out. 

The brightness it's currently at is perfect in my opinion. It really makes street-lights and torches useful. Imagine walking through a forest at night, for your torch to flicker and run out. That's what makes Zomboid so damn immersive and fun.

I'd seriously consider keeping the brightness to current levels. 

Totally agreed.I have to say that now i like to go out in nightswith my torch.I'd prefer to see a better lights sources administration  using  torches,lighters,candles etc to make your way  trough the night.The torch need an higher range i think too

I Love You

Well I love him more

[bug Fix]

• Fixed drink/take water bugs.

Woohoo!

I'll try to make the fill bottle/drink right click much more easy too :)

How about another super-convenient double-click feature? I really like the ones you've added for inventory management.

Maybe fill a container in the player's main inventory every time the barrel is double-clicked (starting with the smallest one)? Would that be complicated to code?

Also, I don't necessarily want this to change, but I noticed that you don't actually have to be near a barrel to get water from it in build 15. You can just right click and siphon water from it from 10 meters away :)

Woohoo!

I agree, is there gonna be a Woohoo option for our sims?... Wait wrong game.

Anywhoo, Robert, what do you think of a tetris styled inventory system? I mean is the current inventory system a temp thing, and if so what will the final inventory be like and what are the chances of a tetris styled one?... Tetris inventories are my fav :P

We suggested a tetris/Diablo/whathaveyou style inventory a year or two ago and it didn't seem to be something the devs were interested in doing. I find it to be my preference as well, but as I recall Lemmy didn't concur- there were certainly a lot of proponents of the current style, too.

Anywhoo, Robert, what do you think of a tetris styled inventory system?

You mean when you fill up a line in the grid, it disappears? That sounds... bad.

But seriously, I remember having that system in the original Deus Ex and it was a pain. Trying to pick up a large item (rocket launcher, for example) meant I had to stand there and shuffle around my candy bars to make a rectangular space (of uncertain size) until I cold finally grab it.

Auto-rearranging the player's inventory to fit large stuff would probably be a programming nightmare and would also annoy me. Open inventory, try to grab beta blocker from its previous place aaaaand... it's been pushed to the bottom. Meanwhile, zombies have bitten my nose off.

The (sortable) list is much better for me. I already micromanage way too much in this game.