Mod pile

MafiaPuppet

Dunno if starting a thread like this is against the rules, but I had to make a mod compilation that

-fixes spraypaint to 27

-fixes drying, juicing and canning to 27

-adds canned food as ingredients for all default cooking recipe options cuz canned foods cook like normal foods

-changes canned food drops to drop actual cans of food instead of a bunch of empty jars, since I have never seen a zombie movie where the heroes celebrated finding empty mason jars

-fixes canning to get MORE effective as cooking improves instead of less

-adds casserole cooking menu cuz baking pan should really be as useful as the other cooking tools, and limiting it to broccoli and other mystery recipes that are impossible to guess without a wiki open is obtuse

-fixes the awesome tommyguns mod so that drop rates are balanced against the 9mm and the weird, crazy items like katanas drop 1 in 10 games rather than 10 in 1 game and other weapon stat balances. Also, removed the fantastic non-genre ones to reduce ammo types, since having more than 4-5 ammo types in the game starts to seriously inhibit playability.

-makes crossbow bolts stick in corpses with a 20% chance of being found broken

-adds craftable holsters to reduce the weight of holding weapons in your main inventory, making strong and stout less necessary to carry items

-includes irrigation mod because the default watering system is obtuse and requires constant attention

-includes lockpicking and crowbar because why isn't all this stuff just in the actual game?

-adds most of the promised professions with custom traits

-all professions start with relevant items

-fixes broken traits unlucky/lucky that both make hyper-rare items either hyper-common or just "sort of common"

-Added wheat farming, the baking sheet, and bread baking because the art was there, as are farming and recipes, so why was this not in there already?

-Expanded the evolvedrecipe menus to allow ALL the reasonable combinations of goods. You can add peanutbutter and jelly to sandwiches, for example, as well as spices or fruits, so combinations like banana-peanutbutter or fruitsalad or potato salad sandwich are all possible. This extends to all evolved recipes and includes dried foods, canned foods, jar foods, etc. You can actually cook with your preserved foods.

-You can salt meats, as well as dry them into various dried meats using the drying rack

-Also halved the speed water leaves plants, because I've never heard of vegetables that needed to be watered daily or they'd die. The default values felt like you were trying to flood a rice field with a coffee mug every time you went out to water the veggies

I can't post it, though, since some of those creators aren't active anymore and I haven't asked for permission from the others. I don't know why great mods aren't just included and maintained in the actual game, since it seems like the devs are more interested in adding function than filling out content themselves anyway.

I can't post it, though, since some of those creators aren't active anymore and I haven't asked for permission from the others. I don't know why great mods aren't just included and maintained in the actual game, since it seems like the devs are more interested in adding function than filling out content themselves anyway.

Well farming for example was an actual mod, before it was implemented into the game and RJ was hired as a dev. As you said yourself, TIS' focus lies elsewhere at the moment, but once that is done I'm sure we'll see more content and maybe then some of the mods are taken into the main game too.

You also shouldn't forget that it's not necessarily easy to "just" take someone else's work and put it into the actual game (both from a coding and legal point of view).

I don't see why they don't use evolvedrecipes for everything, though. -_-

Like, the default peanut butter sandwich recipe is the opposite of intuitive. But if you just append sandwich key-values to all the fruits and canned goods, players can dynamically make any sandwich they want. Bam, peanutbutter banana sandwiches on demand, or potato 10+mayonnaise2+egg5 = potato salad sandwich. So what if players are then able to make peanutbutter and ham sandwiches? If they want to roleplay a pregnant lady, that's just a hidden feature. The evolvedrecipes are wildly more intuitive. Hell, if you cared, you could probably even hook a function somewhere that checked the ingredients against a table of disgusting combos that always caused queasy and a surprise happiness penalty on consumption.

I just know the current mystery cooking combos caused so much rage when my friends started this game, and it was super easy to go in and fix it.

I don't know why great mods aren't just included and maintained in the actual game, since it seems like the devs are more interested in adding function than filling out content themselves anyway.

the devs are part of why i love this game so much, they are really great people, they keep in touch with the players and they are working really hard, just because something is not in the game right now doesn't mean it won't be added or modified like the cooking system.

thank you so much for updating these mods, i really appreciate your work and i hope that you get the permission to share it with us soon  :)

Any chance you could email that to me? I'm a long time player, been playing since a few versions before RC2.5 and am getting back into the game. I guess my account was deleted when they set up the new forums. Anyways my email is ink   _    matth    at   hotmail

It will be really epic if you could update those awesome mods, they have really good features that fit very well in the PZ universe.

Hope you get permission from the original mod devs to keep updating their mods (fedora)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9m3uetkmfefmr8/AABWbfghn3y3iwx7v8aC2f3Ma

Fight the power. Keep in mind that even though the new weapons have drop rates below the default pistol, they cumulatively increase gun and ammo drops by about 150%. To balance the increased availability of ammo in an MP game, you should set zombies to High. Setting zombies to Insane is just asking for game-breaking lag. Also, don't expect this mod to work with other mods. I butchered the base files for my needs.

Anyone know why the way I installed paintspray doesn't let other players see the paint you make in MP?

Edit: Updated to fix a couple bugs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9m3uetkmfefmr8/AABWbfghn3y3iwx7v8aC2f3Ma

Fight the power. Keep in mind that even though the new weapons have drop rates below the default pistol, they cumulatively increase gun and ammo drops by about 150%. To balance the increased availability of ammo in an MP game, you should set zombies to High. Setting zombies to Insane is just asking for game-breaking lag. Also, don't expect this mod to work with other mods. I butchered the base files for my needs.

Anyone know why the way I installed paintspray doesn't let other players see the paint you make in MP?

Edit: Updated to fix a couple bugs.

You're only painting in your local client copy of the map, not the server copy. To paint in the server copy you'd need to send data back to the server, but the devs haven't opened a route for mods to do that yet.

It seems the items from the TommyGun mod have question marks in circles as opposed to having proper icons.

edit: I retract my previous statement. I forgot the golden rule, restart your game after activating mods. Also ,what exactly did you get rid of in the tommyguns mod?

Having some stack traces and general errors while trying to add this to MP - details as follows.

Loading: media/lua/server/Farming/farmingCommands.lua-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: noise of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: farmingCommands.lua -- file: farmingCommands.lua line # 8attempted index: noise of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: farmingCommands.lua -- file: farmingCommands.lua line # 8Jul 13, 2014 11:37:18 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullJul 13, 2014 11:37:18 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException:        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1282)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1636)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2742)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2706)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:487)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:440)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:915)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:195)Jul 13, 2014 11:37:18 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: null//////////////////Other modules loading between these//////////////////Loading:  /directories_here/mods/BenMod/media/lua/server/waterPipesCommands.lua-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: waterPipesCommands.lua -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 21attempted index of non-table-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: waterPipesCommands.lua -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 21Jul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullJul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException:        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1282)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1636)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2742)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2706)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:487)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:440)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:915)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:195)Jul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: null//////////////////Other modules loading between these//////////////////Loading: /directories_here/mods/BenMod/media/lua/server/Items/BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: loadTextures of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua -- file: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua line # 66attempted index: loadTextures of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua -- file: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua line # 66Jul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullJul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException:        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1282)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1636)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2742)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2706)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:487)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:440)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:915)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:195)Jul 13, 2014 11:37:20 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: null

Any dependencies on this that I may be missing?

The first and the third I never bothered to fix because I didn't cause them, and they're just debug messages that weren't hidden properly by other people, so they don't get compiled into the actual game. The one in the middle with the water pipes shouldn't be happening, I don't know why it's happening, and it's failing to find a function that is absolutely necessary to host the mod multiplayer (or at least the farming part of it).

It doesn't happen when I play the mod, so I don't know how to fix it or why it would happen. I only play with this mod and the default steam files. You could try validating your steam files and disabling any other mods you're using. Otherwise, don't use my mod =P

Having some stack traces and general errors while trying to add this to MP - details as follows.

Any dependencies on this that I may be missing?

I'm having the same issue with single player, on both saves, and new games.. It is rendering my water barrels unusable, and unbuildable so basically breaking my game... I have no other mods enabled, and currenly on Build 27..

But every time I try and right-click on barrels I get;

attempted index: barrels of non-table: null-----------------------------------------

STACK TRACE

-----------------------------------------

function: getBarrelAt -- file: WaterPipe.lua line # 163

function: doPipeMenu -- file: WaterPipeMenu.lua line # 155

Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@ea0d9cc0

function: createMenu -- file: IsWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 499

function: doRClick -- file: ISObjectClickHandler.lua line # 38

function: onObjectRightMouseButtonUp -- file: ISObjectClickHandler.lua line # 206

No valid door to open.

I haven't had any luck so far with solutions..

The first and the third I never bothered to fix because I didn't cause them, and they're just debug messages that weren't hidden properly by other people, so they don't get compiled into the actual game. The one in the middle with the water pipes shouldn't be happening, I don't know why it's happening, and it's failing to find a function that is absolutely necessary to host the mod multiplayer (or at least the farming part of it).

It doesn't happen when I play the mod, so I don't know how to fix it or why it would happen. I only play with this mod and the default steam files. You could try validating your steam files and disabling any other mods you're using. Otherwise, don't use my mod =P

I did try that already, unfortunately, as it's pretty much the go-to for all of my screwups.

I am able to host the game vanilla without errors, and farming works (with no server loading errors).

The error codes shown above were with the game loading on server and client as a /user/Zomboid/mods/ folder. If I opt to shove all the files into the server and client's media folder, then I only get the following error - 

Loading: media/lua/server/Items/BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/SuburbsDistributions.lua-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: loadTextures of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua -- file: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua line # 66attempted index: loadTextures of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua -- file: BK_DriedFruits_Distribution.lua line # 66Jul 14, 2014 1:48:07 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullJul 14, 2014 1:48:07 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException:        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1282)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1636)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2742)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2706)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:487)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:440)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:915)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:195)Jul 14, 2014 1:48:07 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullLoading: media/lua/server/Items/BK_Juices_Distribution.lua

I've been busting open my head wondering what it could be, and I'm figuring it might have to do with LoadTextures and my saves/databases. 

I've had, at times, to re-enter admin data and experienced some slight save rollbacks - so I suppose it could have nowhere to save to. Will test and confirm if so.

I went ahead and fixed the lines causing those error messages. I can't fix the waterpipe one if I can't recreate it on my computer, though. And the file names are not case-sensitive, so that 'typo' doesn't matter. Only actual variables are case sensitive.

Just redownload the mod, delete it from your mod folder, and place the new version in. Then you'll only have the irrigation problem to worry about.

As for the guns, just delete...

\Zomboid\mods\BenMod\media\lua\server\Items\tommyguns_suburbsdistributionsNEW

and you can then use your other gunmod instead. You'll have to edit the profession starting equipment to get rid of the relevant starting items, though.

I went ahead and fixed the lines causing those error messages. I can't fix the waterpipe one if I can't recreate it on my computer, though. And the file names are not case-sensitive, so that 'typo' doesn't matter. Only actual variables are case sensitive.

Just redownload the mod, delete it from your mod folder, and place the new version in. Then you'll only have the irrigation problem to worry about.

As for the guns, just delete...

\Zomboid\mods\BenMod\media\lua\server\Items\tommyguns_suburbsdistributionsNEW

and you can then use your other gunmod instead. You'll have to edit the profession starting equipment to get rid of the relevant starting items, though.

Old GNU/Linux habit, I wasn't sure if filenames would then be case-sensitive or not due to them being handled by java/kahlua.

The mod works perfectly as per prior upload as long as the fruit drying mod is commented out or removed.

The fruit mod works too. I got rid of that error message.

And yeah, I'm not saying it's a good habit to be as lazy as I am. But the only time the game really references file names is when it's deciding which files in the mod folder should overwrite the default versions before the code compiles, which isn't case sensitive.

The fruit mod works too. I got rid of that error message.

And yeah, I'm not saying it's a good habit to be as lazy as I am. But the only time the game really references file names is when it's deciding which files in the mod folder should overwrite the default versions before the code compiles, which isn't case sensitive.

Don't get me wrong, just providing some feedback to help perfect this. It's a combination of worthwhile mods brought back to life.

I'll provide a longer writeup on what to do for those who had similar errors as I did with the weapon spawns as soon as I get a chance.

I play with the mod on my server with no problems, so I'm unaware of any real errors atm >.<

But yeah, if you just point them out, I'll fix them and ninja update, as usual.

It's a little annoying to fix this stuff atm though, since I'm in the middle of adding lootable padlocks for doors and containers, so my players can properly lock their shit when they log off.