RegularX

OK, new version up - various fixes/changes:

• Instakill attacks for CrackShot and GoodWithEverything
  • Trait and Item updates across professions, including containers and light sources
  • Updates to SUPRGun solar recharge
  • SUPRTorch added to Evil Genius, no depletion and twice the light of a flashlight
  • Psychic attack now properly causes Fatigue
  • SUPRGun is now instakill
  • Alien Orphan Profession added, basically an invulnerable powerhouse for ultimate cheating

9/4/13 :  Nail Gun is working properly now and some things are auto-added to a profession's container.

Lovin' it. Makes me delete all random names and leave Ashley Williams as the only option. Not the Mass Effect one obviously.

After snooping around the code i wonder why you used HasTrait() instead of getDescriptor():getProfession(), as mentioned by RobertJohnson here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/263-profession-starting-items-mod/

This would get you partially around the need for an extra trait for each profession - that is - if you find a way to directly add points at character-creation.

Also, why the OnGameStart event when you could just use OnNewGame for XProfessions.HandleProfessionTraits. This would spare saving "XProfessionSet" on getModData().

Are you using it elswhere as well? Haven't snooped that deep yet.

Glad to help. Just hope i didn't sound patronizing or anything though. This has been a great help for understanding custom professions. I simply had to burst out with that newly found wisdom of mine somewhere and people in my surroundings look inreasingly worried when i say things like parameter or function. Least i can do is give this a little bump once in a while. Didn't make my Phd in evil for nothing, ay?

OK, also thanks to Al it looks like The Farmer will make it after all.  Once there is a modloader friendly beta out, I'll update the XProfession code, add the Farmer Profession and finalize testing.  

Oh and sounds - will be looking into the custom sounds for the weapons.

How do I install this mod without overwriting the base files? I can't get it to appear in the mods section.

Afaik it doesn't work with the current modloader, but actually you should be able to just drop the mod files into the vanilla folders, because they don't overwrite any of the base files.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update since I've been silent for a while and I've gotten a couple of PM's:

1) No, I'm not dead.  November - Jan are particularly crazy months for me, professionally speaking.

2) All three of my mods, but especially Xmod, are kind of on hold until the Steam betas sort themselves out a little more.  Depending on timing, I might go back an update SICmod and Insomnia for the modloader format - but Xmod does some particularly weird stuff and I don't want to put a big update out there and then have to pull it back out.