RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

NEVER MISS A BUILD WITH OUR MAILING LIST!:

http://projectzomboid.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

Get notified when a new stable or experimental build are out!

Released IWBUMS Hotfix #2 :

Spoiler

NEW MAP WARNING : Your build 26 saves will be compatible with this new build 27, unfortunatly to see the mall and the new awesome cells, you'll need to do a new game, sorry for the inconvenience !

[NEW STUFF]

• New world filler for Gun store and Trash can.

[TRANSLATIONS]

• Updated translations : Polish, Czech, Spanish, European Portuguese, Russian, Italian.
  • Added Spanish-Argentina translation.

[NEW STUFF]

• Trapping ! Yay ! Info here : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8800-the-trapping-system/
  • Public server list, info here : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8768-how-to-public-server/
  • Lot of new cells (> 10) in West Point ! Including a theater, and AN AWESOME HUGE MALL !
  • [Multiplayer] IMPORTANT : New MD5 Checksum for Multiplayer, everytime a client will connect to any server, all his lua file (including loaded mods) will be compared to the server ones, if ANYTHING is modified, the connection will be refused, I'll add a serverOption to configure this, but it should mean : no more hacking, yeah !
  • World filler : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnlmjE9IUAA-IRf.jpg:large
  • World zones (could be usefull for modding, we'll use them for trapping, NPC, farming...) : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnrlp8HIIAAe4vc.jpg:large
  • Lot of new items :
    • Dead animals
    • Earplugs
    • Rings
    • Various toys
  • Propane tank for BBQ !
  • Ability to grab and move corpse !
  • A corpse will only have 8 in capacity (instead of 50)
  • Some new container icons (microwave, vending machine).
  • If you don't have the required mod to login a server, the name and url (if present) of the mods will be displayed.
  • Little UI Change on Mods Selector (easier to use, added a "Get mods !" button that link to the modding sub forum).
  • Added a check box for the Survival Guide "show on startup" default is true.
  • Added a new .bat : ProjectZomboid64 - Launcher, if you can try it (specifically on Linux/Mac) and tell me if everything's good, that would be AWESOME !

[bUG FIXES]

• Building a "roof" (understand floor on 2nd level) will protect you from rain when below.
  • Fixed a bug with the safety system not allowing PVP if disabled.
  • Some fix in the items distributions (spawning shoes in vending machine of the laundry.. :P).
  • Fixed sometimes trees didn't drop logs.
  • No longer instant plaster/paint.
  • Plastering a wall will now use the plaster bucket, and fill it at a water source won't fill the plaster again.
  • To plaster you know need to have a wall at least lvl 4 and be at least lvl 2 in woodwork.
  • Can now craft the Sticks Trap.
  • Microwave act as stove again.
  • Fixed a weird world filler shelving (the white shelve in kitchen).
  • Added timed actions for every trap actions (no more abuse).
  • Minor fixes on trapping.
  • It's not possible anymore to break the window of the gun store without a sledgehammer.
  • Can't climb through broken window on gunstore if the fence is still here.
  • No more kitchen knives spawn in gun store.
  • Update PZServerSettings.exe : the file will be saved directly in the right folder with the right name (users/YOU/Zomboid/Server/servertest_SanboxVars.lua).
  • Fixed the public server list being sorted by name and not players number.
  • Fixed the server sometimes pinging way too much PZ.com (may have cause some lags).

[bALANCE]

• Fishing timed action will add a random part (so every try you fish, the time to got something/nothing will be different), also up a tad the time needed.
  • Slight up of the spawn rate of the trowel.

[MODDING]

• Added a "SkillRequired" in recipes, for example : SkillRequired=Woodwork:1;Trapping:2;
  • Added RainManager.getRainIntensity() function
  • Added "OnServerStarted" event.
  • Added "OnThunderStart"/"OnThunderStop" event.

[TRANSLATION]

World filler looks brilliant, does that reflect what is in the container somehow?

Roof fix will be much appreciated. :)

Also there is a spelling error, should be "Some new container icons" instead of "some news container icons".

Thanks for the spelling error :D

The world filler tiles will reflect as much as possible what's in the container, , but as you can see in the screenshot, you recognize box or something, but don't know really what's in them, we just avoid to spawn clothing tiles in the pharmacy for example (they share the same shelves), hope I'm clear :(

Yeah it is a massive improvement indeed, will we see items on the ground scattered around like in the older versions (the bottle-store for example IIRC)? Would add to the atmosphere and make it look a bit more hectic and looted in a hurry, also I loved spotting that elusive can of beans on the floor from outside the window. :)

Keep up the great work guys, I hope that GPL licensing thing didn't cause too much problems for you developers. Kindest regards.

There is this floating box with "<no name> Forest" in the zoning-pic. Does that mean a zone can be named and then addressed directly with this name?

@Spensume: No ETAs! And don´t ask about them, the build is ready when it´s ready.

Yeah it is a massive improvement indeed, will we see items on the ground scattered around like in the older versions (the bottle-store for example IIRC)? Would add to the atmosphere and make it look a bit more hectic and looted in a hurry, also I loved spotting that elusive can of beans on the floor from outside the window. :)

Keep up the great work guys, I hope that GPL licensing thing didn't cause too much problems for you developers. Kindest regards.

No more than usual I think. All I think the new tiles are are just vague premade displays of shelf clutter. I guess you could use it for floors too but it'll mostly be impersonal predone things.

There is this floating box with "<no name> Forest" in the zoning-pic. Does that mean a zone can be named and then addressed directly with this name?

Exactly :)

I have a few zones that I needed, but we may add more for the NPC (like "beach", "pharmacy", "warehouse"...), but any modders could add them for their own map, in fact, if you want trapping to work (correctly at least, by default i take the "town" zone if nothing is found), you'll be forced to do this zoning, same for NPC things.

Oh and, added "Awesome Mash Mall" to the upcoming list (so fun to say.. I mean seriously, try it at home, say "Awesome Mash Mall" 3 times fast... Oook, it's maybe only fun as a French...)

I love the world filler, but I hope the most that 27 brings a more entertaining zombie AI.

Care to expand on that? More entertaining would be?

Basically what the sadistic director was meant to be.

Maybe more things to draw them around. E.g. fresh sweat on recent woodwork, smell of fear, dropped clothings, food cooking, light sources at night, fresh blood, rattling plumbing, banging doors, etc.

And I imagine, without plumbing after water runs out, safehouses and the area around them would soon stink of humanity and easily attract any nearby zombie, so the longer a character stays in one place the more attractive that place should be for zombies.

Exactly :)

I have a few zones that I needed, but we may add more for the NPC (like "beach", "pharmacy", "warehouse"...), but any modders could add them for their own map, in fact, if you want trapping to work (correctly at least, by default i take the "town" zone if nothing is found), you'll be forced to do this zoning, same for NPC things.

Oh and, added "Awesome Mash Mall" to the upcoming list (so fun to say.. I mean seriously, try it at home, say "Awesome Mash Mall" 3 times fast... Oook, it's maybe only fun as a French...)

Come visit Awesome Mash Mall, where we have all these awesome wares and gadgets that you can find nowhere else!

Aluminum Baseball Bat?, it's there!

Hunting Knives?, it's there!

Weapons of Mass Destruction?, uh... we don't have tha- IT'S THERE!

Anyhoo, how do these zones work?

Are they meant to show how many zombies, npc's and animals spawn there?

world filler is nice.  fattens up the screen.  when you guys dropping 27 into iwbms or beta?

I believe you meant will you guys be "dropping" build 27 in iwbms or beta.  

Also this build looks great glad to see some items filling up stores instead of the empty depressing look. Keep up the great work guys