Intel integrated graphics crash

EasyPickins

Question

If Build 26 crashes when starting up, and you have an Intel GPU (not AMD or NVidia), and you see this error in the hs_err_XXX crash log in the ProjectZomboid folder:
J  org.lwjgl.opengl.GL15.nglBindBuffer(IIJ)VJ  zombie.core.VBO.GLBufferObject.glBindBuffer(II)V

Unzip the attached file into the ProjectZomboid directory, then run either the MAP_BUFFER_32.bat or MAP_BUFFER_64.bat and let us know if it fixes anything.

MAP_BUFFER.zip

Hi all,

My game crashes every time I load into the actual game. I've updated my drivers, JRE, and I've tried the MAP_BUFFER/3D models/etc fixes on this thread. I always run it on compatibility mode and I'm on build 26 (at least that's what the game lobby says).

Here's my crash log: http://pastebin.com/8ZWdVrmZ (it's my latest one, one didn't seem to generate after I tried the MAP_BUFFER thing)

Edit: Reinstalled the game and deleted my %user%/Zomboid folder, tried the MAP_BUFFER batch file again, and it worked!

Just curious but whats the OpenGL requirements for this game? Intel HD supports up to 2.1 fully.

Also I tried reinstalling the driver, and for the hell of it I clicked the installer again but oddly this is the only driver that doesn't warn me saying the driver or a newer driver is already installed, it just goes on like its the most updated. Feels odd.

Intel HD supports up to 2.1 fully.

Unfortunately the reality of Intel's OpenGL support, especially on Windows, often differs from what it says on the tin.

There is no official OpenGL level requirement right now. All this 3D fixing, troubleshooting etc is part of the process of figuring that out.

Intel HD supports up to 2.1 fully.

Unfortunately the reality of Intel's OpenGL support, especially on Windows, often differs from what it says on the tin.

Yes but using OpenGL extensions in the past I had 90% support for 3.1

And 100% for 2.1

Whats weird is of recently OpenGl extensions crashes at startup now, and the gbugger lemmy had me get in March didn't even detect OpenGL, according to opengl forums OpenGL extensions crash when opengl isn't dedected aswell.

Dafuq is going on.

(In case you don't know OpenGL extensions tests your computer to see what openGL versions you support, benchmarking I guess)

Grab a copy of glView from here: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

Under the OpenGL section of Summary, you'll see "See details..." beside the OpenGL version. Click it.

In the Report section, copy everything and paste it between spoiler tags here. :)

No no thats the program I said isn't working now, its crashing at startup for some reason.

It used to work.

Intel HD graphics 1000

And yeah, Intel supports OpenGL horribly.

You should see a new update out.

Check if, in Options, the game now has NOT SUPPORTED BY HARDWARE for 3D models.

Build ID should now be 271188.

Does it?

Im lost. A new update for the game or the intel card? Because my drivers are up to date.

How do I check the build ID ?

And I don't remember anything saying my hardware wasn't supported when I adjusted options in game. Back in the days when I needed compatibility mode for smooth framerate it said unsupported hardware for shaders, but now that I don't use compatibility mode, I don't have that message.

If you tried to run the rendering tests . . . well . . . I can't use it on my 945 either.

But the simple thing is, even though I was compliant for some 2.1 functions, my laptop couldn't support FBOs or shaders. One is needed for the texture, the other is needed for the animation. :(

Then you have most likely managed to mess up your graphics drivers somehow.

I am on a brand new install when I install my drivers I made sure any current drivers were completely removed first.

I probably did though. I don't really know how. Friggin, My other laptop with support up to 1.4 opens to program fine.

Plot twist.

Load up build 26 (Already put map buffer on)

Ran from steam in compatibility mode, suddenly the None option is there. Check it off, Game works fine.

Oh wait that was the problem the whole damn time.

Anywho, What was I suppose to do again?

If you could run one of the MAP_BUFFER .bat files with 3D models on, and paste the console.txt output onto pastebin.com and link to it here, there might be a useful error in it that will indicate what causes the crash.   I was hoping to help people who have crashes with models turned off though.

Archived