The Pillowsilencer

Aricane

Hello

I never got around posting this mod on the new forum. It's a silencer for a pistol - but not just any silencer. It's also your pillow! Just as you though pillows where dog gone useless in survival, you actually have something that will silence your gun.

Hold a pillow as your secondary weapon and it will silence your gun, but not forever. It will last 5-15 shots until the pillow is completly torned.

Download it from pz-mods.net (pz-mods.net is a top secret procrastinating project for hosting my mod I'm currently working on - which was before I discovered xeno-mods.net .. duh, now I'll make tutorials there instead .. well more about that later.)

Features

• Is not a recipe - holding a pillow as secondary will silence your gun
  • Each shot decreases the pillows ability to reduce noise.
  • Lasts 5-15 shots until pillow is torned
  • Silenced gun shot sounds included
  • No editing needed!

It's very good for clearing rooms and hallways without getting other zombies attention.

Installation
Installing the pillowsilencer is as always - extract the contents of pillowsilencer.zip in your project zomboid folder

Changelog
Version 1.0

• Fixed first shot being entirely silent (ie. not affect zombies)
  • Pillow is replaced by RippedSheets when completely torned
  • Fire max range reduced significantly

Feedback and suggestions are really appreciated icon_e_smile.gif

Have fun!!

Finally !! I can use my pistol without having to worry about attracting a whole horde.. I always get in stiffy situations and it only gets worse when I have to shoot my way out :l anyway thanks for this !

You're so welcome!

wo what? you only created this topic today? :P

nice mod, was just tinking about searching the old forums/pz-mods.net for that mod again :D

suggestion:

allow pulls/jackets to be used (or crafted into) as silencers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

is this mod goind to be updated anymore? it doesn't seems to work with build 17+ mod system

I just got it to work on build 23.  I think the issue is that it doesnt have a mod.info file. Here's how I got it to work on mine.

1. Make a new folder in your Zomboid/mods/ called Pillowsilencer

2. Unzip the download up top to your new Zomboid/mods/Pillowsilencer

3. Create a mod.info file in Zomboid/mods/Pillowsilencer   that should look like the following:

(You can use the example mod for this if you dont know how to make a mod.info file, just copy and paste and change it so it looks like this) (also, you only need to fill in the name and id, the others are optional)

name=Pillowsilencer

poster=

id=Pillowsilencer

description=

url=

4. Run like every other mod

Not sure if it still lowers the actual volume of your shots but you can definately hear that it muffles them in the audio.

Let me know if that works for you :)

is this mod goind to be updated anymore? it doesn't seems to work with build 17+ mod system

I just got it to work on build 23.  I think the issue is that it doesnt have a mod.info file. Here's how I got it to work on mine.

3. Create a mod.info file in Zomboid/mods/Pillowsilencer   that should look like the following:

(You can use the example mod for this if you dont know how to make a mod.info file, just copy and paste and change it so it looks like this) (also, you only need to fill in the name and id, the others are optional)

name=Pillowsilencer

poster=

id=Pillowsilencer

description=

url=

Not sure if it still lowers the actual volume of your shots but you can definately hear that it muffles them in the audio.

That fix worked like a charm for me! Thank you very much :)

• 3 weeks later...

name=Pillowsilencer

poster=

id=Pillowsilencer

description=

url=

yep it worked, thank you very much :) i tried to do this already but the mod.info syntax was wrong :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...