randomer679

ikom.png

This is just a little program I've made so I could edit my sandbox options mid-game. I wanted to be able to turn off zombies at the beginning and then turn them back on later because I'm cowardly like that :D .

Using this program you can edit all of the options you chose when starting a new Sandbox game.

Installing

The download is attached to this post at the bottom.

To use this program just extract the .jar file and run it using Java!

Windows: Create an empty text file with notepad and fill it with

Line Numbers | Expand Code

java -jar PZSaveEditor.jar

then save as anynameyouwant.bat and make sure to set the file type to all files. Place it in the same folder as the .jar and double click it to run.

Linux (and OS X?): You should know this ;) But just in case here's what to do. Create an empty text file and insert the same text as for Windows. Then just double click it and select run in terminal OR run it from a terminal manually.

Usage

Once you have the program running just go to file and navigate to your Zomboid save folder. Go into the Sandbox folder and click the folder of the world you want to modify. After clicking open if the world is supported it will load all the current values for you. After this it's pretty much the same as creating a new world with a few differences. To modify some options you will have to enable advanced options. These are just a few that I feel might not be stable. To save your options either click save to just overwrite the options or use save as to save them to a new file. To use that file rename it map_sand.bin and place it in the folder of the world you want to change, overwriting the old one.

The reset button only works if you haven't saved yet. It is merely a convenience.

Warning

I have not tested most of the options. The program is as bug free as I can tell HOWEVER how the game will be affected from changing the options is beyond my control. Therefore you use this at your own risk so make sure you ALWAYS backup your worlds before making any changes. The reason for not testing how the game will react is because the only option I really need at the moment as explained up there ^ is to be able to modify the Zombie amount. So if you choose to ignore this advice it is your own fault.

TL;DR

You use this at your own risk. While I believe it to be stable and safe, I can not and will not be held responsible for any problems you may have or that may happen whether as a result of your use of this software or not. I WILL however happily try to answer any questions and fix any bugs that you may have. :D

Feedback about the name please.

I feel the name could be slightly misleading, but I do want it to stay how it is. So please leave a post about whether you think the name is fine. Thanks!

Download

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i cant figure out how to get it working. 

can someone please help me?

im already trying everything i know for 3 days.

i got it working and i can find my savegame but when i change the number of zombies

it stays the same when i go play it. :cry:

Which PZ version are you using? This mod tool is only for 2.9.9.10 so there might be your problem.

i cant figure out how to get it working. 

can someone please help me?

im already trying everything i know for 3 days.

i got it working and i can find my savegame but when i change the number of zombies

it stays the same when i go play it. :cry:

Which PZ version are you using? This mod tool is only for 2.9.9.10 so there might be your problem.

I think i have that version dont know for sure cant find it anywhere. but im playing trough desura so should be the right version. Maybe i have the wrong linenumbers in the bat file. Didnt know exactly where i can get those numbers.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...