BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

Yeah ok. But if people use a common name, as their username, you most certainly expect

them to carry that name in real life as well. If you had chosen Charles de Gaulle, Joseph

Guillotin or perhaps Zinedine Zidane, I could have guessed your French connection. But

Robert Johnson (especially if you're not into blues music) could be anybody. Even you... 

Anyway, I hope you and I are cool now? Battle axes buried? Or how about a calumet pipe?

And btw, I do understand french, to a degree. If you want to switch language in your notes.

;)

Nice work on the updating for us. also some people seem to lack the ability to realize some people do not speak English as their primary language, which is fairly obvious from the language used in the changelog.

cut them some slack guys, they are working on an awesome game.

hey RobertJohnson just do the change log in french or something that will shut them up :D

You know what ? That's a really great idea.... :D

But I think the guys who don't like my grammar will don't like it too... :(

If they don't like it, "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

New stuff !

• Campfire will now look like it’s alight when fired up.
  • Some containers (school bag, plastic bag ...) will now have items spawned inside. A purse might contain lipstick etc.

• Berries will now rot.

• New message added to demo to underline to players that you start off infected.

• Crops in farm areas now have a chance to spawn corn.

New stuff !

• Campfire will now look like it’s alight when fired up.
  • Some containers (school bag, plastic bag ...) will now have items spawned inside. A purse might contain lipstick etc.

• Berries will now rot.

• New message added to demo to underline to players that you start off infected.

• Crops in farm areas now have a chance to spawn corn.

Will berries regrow, Robert?

before i get any hate for my next statement i just want to say its meant with all respect and in an attempt to be constructive although i can see how this will be taken as an attack but.....

perhaps instead of adding things like lipstick/new items etc etc that time could be spent soley on fixing the more serious bugs like.

-the multiple 2nd storey bugs...eg not being able to go upstairs/falling through the floor/crashing on entering the upstairs

-disappearing player crafted walls on reload.

- zombies spawning 'inside' walled off areas.

a couple others

to be completely honest with the exception of npcs not being in the game yet the game is nearly full release ready in my eyes...ive seen buggier games by much larger companies released at full price.

the little extras can be added later hell even as dlc's if ya wanna be gready, seriously look at the sims fa christ sake...buggiest crap ive ever seen but making a killing at the same time lol.

so please dont take this the wrong way but in the next couple of patches i would much rather see...

-you wont lose your progress between loads

-npcs have been added (if a little buggy)

-you can safely search upstairs

-you can farm in peace now.

instead of...

-fixed small bug that really wasnt that important

-added some random item that sounded cool but you cant use yet

just to add again i do not in any way mean this as a gripe or attack.

Well... you have to understand that just because they release minor fixes / features doesn't mean they aren't working on the larger ones ;)

i guess my point really is that although there are a multititude of small bugs....this game really only has a 'handful' of bugs that make it not be release worthy most of what i see on these forums bug report wise isnt really that game breaking, the devs have done a gr8 job so far and my point is that this game is soooo close to being full release level you can almost taste it lol and im very sure they can too.

seriously its more a case of excitement and impatience tbh this game if done right over time and over sequels could be huge ie big league huge one day.

just those last couple of important bugs and boom........oh and npcs  :razz:

Well... you have to understand that just because they release minor fixes / features doesn't mean they aren't working on the larger ones ;)

i guess my point really is that although there are a multititude of small bugs....this game really only has a 'handful' of bugs that make it not be release worthy most of what i see on these forums bug report wise isnt really that game breaking, the devs have done a gr8 job so far and my point is that this game is soooo close to being full release level you can almost taste it lol and im very sure they can too.

seriously its more a case of excitement and impatience tbh this game if done right over time and over sequels could be huge ie big league huge one day.

just those last couple of important bugs and boom........oh and npcs  :razz:

When you say full release, what do you mean by that? And do you have a new price tag in mind?

Do you want them to delete the "Early access" tag on Steam for example? Right now, I can't really

see the point in declaring the game to be a full release. What will they gain from doing that?

in my opinion the bigger picture is that the person who has the most work with the new items is not that programmer but the graphic designer. As far as my knowledge goes, adding a new item withought any functionality is like a few lines of code with the path to the sprite, attributes and a part in the item generator when you enter new areas.

if the game was free of these larger bugs and had npcs in it to make it seem a little less cold id be happy to pay £20 for this maybe £25 even with its old timer graphics it has good potential to grow into something great and the ability to keep adding to a game like this is immense....by full release i do indeed mean taking away the 'alpha' tag.

lets look at couple examples...

fallout 3/Skyrim.....big league companies amazing graphics....released with more game breaking bugs than you could shake a stick at....were never considered a alpha/beta release...

sims 3......again big leagues huge sales revenue......still the buggiest peace of crap around alot of those bugs cause a player to restart entire towns after months of playing.

project zomboid......handful of game breakers ie unloadable saves (which seem to be rarer now)....fps issues (seriously what game dosent now)......considered alpha....yes true and warranted but i feel its not as 'unfinished' as some might think....everything else can be considered 'adding to the game'

im a 34 year old gamer been playing since the c64 and spec zx so believe me when i say ive seen games in far worse condition than this made by established companies released at full £39.99 price tag without a second thought ok so this aint worth £40 (sorry devs) but with the aforementioned npcs and bug fixes yes id happily pay £20 for it hopeful for its furure.

p.s. yes im aware i need to learn how to write shorter forum posts lmao

Oook, can you please make a thread if you want to talk about this more ? This is to talk about the upcoming features, any question related, etc..

Thanks.

sorry yeh bit off track...my original comment was about patches though lol....so more on topic, any idea on a release date for this patch? or is there still alot to go into it?

Oook, can you please make a thread if you want to talk about this more ? This is to talk about the upcoming features, any question related, etc..

Thanks.

sorry yeh bit off track...my original comment was about patches though lol....so more on topic, any idea on a release date for this patch? or is there still alot to go into it?

Do not ever ask for the date of release it is always soon.