BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

What about the broken mod loader? just wondering

I think it was fixed in the latest beta? It's working for me...

really? guessed i missed something

edit: no not working i think the last update broke it

:( Sorry for leading you astray! How is it broken if I may ask I haven't noticed anything?

I'd love to see you guys hire a producer. He might be able to help focus your development efforts and streamline your alpha/beta. Worst case he can post the patch notes so that the changelogs are complete and make sense.

You can now spill on ground sands, dirt or gravel with a bag (sand bag...), terraforming baby !
Bunch of things I forgot (i have a shield anti-blame)

I don't know what that means. You're on Steam now, with a bigger audience and a bigger price tag, so - you're image is going to count, and the only real image you guys have is how you communicate via the written word, on these forums.

Not being mean. I like your game and think it has a future.   (fedora)

Agreed. 
"But we're indie!" was a great reason way back when but now that they're in the big leagues with bigger expectations excuses like that won't cut it for many.

I'd love to see you guys hire a producer. He might be able to help focus your development efforts and streamline your alpha/beta. Worst case he can post the patch notes so that the changelogs are complete and make sense.

You can now spill on ground sands, dirt or gravel with a bag (sand bag...), terraforming baby !
Bunch of things I forgot (i have a shield anti-blame)

I don't know what that means. You're on Steam now, with a bigger audience and a bigger price tag, so - you're image is going to count, and the only real image you guys have is how you communicate via the written word, on these forums.

Not being mean. I like your game and think it has a future.   (fedora)

Agreed. 

"But we're indie!" was a great reason way back when but now that they're in the big leagues with bigger expectations excuses like that won't cut it for many.

Sorry, I rather have a good programmer than someone that speaks my language perfectly. You nit picking things as if you're some sort of business and marketing guru is laughable at best. Ten years from now, no one is going to be talking about the lack of diction most readers found when reading TIS's updates. Instead, people will be talking about their product. They are who they are, and if I were in anyway relevant to the situation, I'd prefer Rob to focus on what he should do for the game and not on improving his writing in English. That will come with time.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty disturbed by this behavior and sense of entitlement. It's rude to treat anyone like this, much less someone providing you a service. Reminds me of people telling minorities to "learn English" if they want to come to this country. If you need for things to be clarified, ask a question.

What about the broken mod loader? just wondering

I think it was fixed in the latest beta? It's working for me...

really? guessed i missed something

edit: no not working i think the last update broke it

:( Sorry for leading you astray! How is it broken if I may ask I haven't noticed anything?

if i have any mods are enabled game crashes on start up

I have to respectively disagree with Citizen on this one.  It's obvious that Robert Johnson's primary language is not English but who cares?  It's clear enough. It doesn't take away from the game and does anyone really think that someone is not going to buy the game because the lead communicator is French?  I mean if you take the time to post a reply why not take the time to post any clarifications that you think would be beneficial.  Such as:

"No more possibility to equip 2hands weapon is it broken."

Corrected:  "No longer possible to equip a two handed weapon if it's broken."

"Fixed some farming bugs. (well, a lot in fact)"

Corrected:  Fixed a lot of farming bugs.  (details to follow)

This would take less than 5 minutes and be so much more helpful and constructive.  I'm guessing but I'm sure RJ wouldn't mind either. 

• Because Robomat matter : FIXED ALARMS YAY (also lowered their chance to trigger a bit).

Thats great news! Triggering Alarms was so frequent that it  started raising my sickness level.

look into your mod "mod.info" file if there is line "id=SomeModName",if not just add it there with random "SomeModName".It fixed most of mods for me.Also delete everything from Mods/loaded.txt to play without mods if its not working.

EDIT:also try to move all mods from mods folder and then add them one by one so you will know which one is broken.

Edited by Ramibuk

• Because Robomat matter : FIXED ALARMS YAY (also lowered their chance to trigger a bit).

Thats great news! Triggering Alarms was so frequent that it  started raising my sickness level.

look into your mod "mod.info" file if there is line "id=SomeModName",if not just add it there with random "SomeModName".It fixed most of mods for me.Also delete everything from Mods/loaded.txt to play without mods if its not working.

EDIT:also try to move all mods from mods folder and then add them one by one so you will know which one is broken.

ok ill try that later

snip

snap

Sorry, I rather have a good programmer than someone that speaks my language perfectly. You nit picking things as if you're some sort of business and marketing guru is laughable at best. Ten years from now, no one is going to be talking about the lack of diction most readers found when reading TIS's updates. Instead, people will be talking about their product. They are who they are, and if I were in anyway relevant to the situation, I'd prefer Rob to focus on what he should do for the game and not on improving his writing in English. That will come with time.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty disturbed by this behavior and sense of entitlement. It's rude to treat anyone like this, much less someone providing you a service. Reminds me of people telling minorities to "learn English" if they want to come to this country. If you need for things to be clarified, ask a question.

You totally misunderstood me. I guess I should have culled the quote a bit instead of just lazily plopping it there. I wasn't saying "lurn english or git out of my country terrurist!". Idc about your english as long as you can communicate your ideas which RJ does fine. 

I was more thinking for planning and things like that. I've had zomboid for a long long time and there's been a lot of progress but from what I've read in the mondoid posts it sounds like there's been a lot of backtracking. There always seems to be some major tangle that needs to be worked through before development can continue proper and once it's finally nixed some new issue pops up as a result and they have to go back and redo a bunch more stuff.

Is that how it actually is? I don't know... I'm not working on the game, on the team, or in the know at all. But the impression it gives might not inspire as much long term confidence as another indie like (for example) Prison Architect which has (or had before babies happened) monthly updates with significant amount of new content and most importantly, a feeling of progress towards an end.

(That may be a bad example I know they are independent and were started by three guys but idrk how big their operation is now... but you get my point) 

That said, I don't want to imply that I regret my purchase at all. I've had far beyond my money's worth of fun from this gem. I just wanted to better explain myself.

Silly to make such a comparison with Prison Architect, especially considering Zomboid's scope. . . But that's another topic altogether. The point is, they are who they are and from what I read they have not been backtracking. In sports, in life, and in most other things I've found that you have to give an inch to gain a yard. That's what they're doing it with the new 3D system and their reasoning behind it is sound , expounded upon in length by the birthday boy. You shouldn't always give an inch, but sometimes it's necessary and the key is knowing when.

OP Updated, I do HOPE all the drama will be gone... Already lose 30min of coding to update it, so please please please please please (x10000), don't make me change it again (except if you have any spelling/grammar fixes).

I try my best (beleive me or not) to keep this updated, but as I already said, I do like 10 or 20 things a day, so sometimes I'll forgot stuff (I read a post saying hand shovel is hard to find, I up a bit their loot spawn, it take me 2min and I forgot to update the OP...).

For the people who said "You're on Steam, you must be pro..", come on guys, we're on steam since less than a month, can't you give us some times to adapt ? This is the 2nd patch note and I feel if it's not perfect everyone will be on me... Writing patch note is not my first job, I'm trying my best so everyone can be happy, even if it's losing more than 30min to re-write my patch note (at first, this one was only for closed beta, so it was a bit messy, I thought it'll be ok if I post it here... Damn I was wrong.. :P).

Anyway, tell me if you find anything weird in this patch note or if you have idea.

Updated :

• Fixed the temperature of items after the electricity shut-off.
  • Changed crate crafting: level 2 carpentry allows for rough/crap crates, level 4 lets you build proper ones.
  • Player-created floors, like walls, now have three different textures to match your carpentry skill level.

I have no idea what this means?

it means you can pour the contents of them style of bags..(sand/gravel) onto the ground and make lets say a road into a gravel/sand road.

or you can use the bags of sand/gravel to make sandbag walls i am assuming :)

Man, some people can get really nasty over the game when it doesn't suit their needs.  It's like they have some sort of entitlement that they don't deserve.

RJ, do what you do.  Update whatever the h*ll you want.  Why?  Because you guys are making the game, not the people on here that are moaning, groaning, and complaining over "patch notes." 

I'd rather play the d*mn game and think, "Oh cool!  There is glue now!" Instead of whining about it not being in the patch notes.

Good job, good luck, and keep on keeping on.

•  

Fertilizer for farming (this was not really "new", but bugged and the fertilizer weren't spawned) : Use it up to 4 times on your plant (no more ! or it'll die...) to reduce by 20hours the next growing phase.
Cool. I'd like to suggest (for the farmers) that there could be a carpentry option to build a small wooden square so you could make your own compost.

Guys! There is no need to complain about patch notes. Because whenever it was released on steam they had to make sure it wasn't buggy. I know some of you guys don't mind bugs, but some steam users are a bit "crazy" when it comes to bugs. So please don't bug the developers about "urmg fix surcond stunry"

Guys! There is no need to complain about patch notes. Because whenever it was released on steam they had to make sure it wasn't buggy. I know some of you guys don't mind bugs, but some steam users are a bit "crazy" when it comes to bugs. So please don't bug the developers about "urmg fix surcond stunry"

what about the fact that zombie do not respawn anymore, so once you kill the zombie in a area its a sim game . I mean its fun to see zombie in a zombie game :)

what about the fact that zombie do not respawn anymore, so once you kill the zombie in a area its a sim game . I mean its fun to see zombie in a zombie game :)

It's a game moving from alpha to beta (and you knew that when you bought it) so stop whining like a little kid and get behind the game. Dear me

It's a game moving from alpha to beta (and you knew that when you bought it) so stop whining like a little kid and get behind the game. Dear me

i dont know what you problem is strider, in no way did i whine, im simply reporting somethign that is broken and asking for a solution ( like a lot of other people about other issue ) , if we cant report stuff and ask anything whats the point of having a beta ?