BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

I'm not sure if this was posted before but i wanted to report missing icons and reasons for that:

-Twine - in the items.txt is 'Icon = TZ_Twine' should be 'Icon = Twine' (like it stays in .pack file);

-BerettaClip doesn't have its icon in the .pack file(UI),

-Meat Patty - In the newitems.txt is 'Icon = MeatPatty' - in the .pack file we find: MeatPattyRaw, MeatPattyCooked, MeatPattyRotten, Burnt. I have changed it to 'Icon = MeatPattyRaw' but after cooking the icon doesn't change to 'cooked'.

That is it for now. Stay tuned for more :cool:

hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered but i kinda dont have that much time to look through all the posts so if someone doesn't mind answering my question that would be fantastic ^^ (havent been active in a while due to a ton of other games ive been playing) will there be Mult-Player and if so when might it be released also ive heard of a split screen how exactly do you use that (you know if i heard correctly)? BIG THANKS TO ANYONE WHO REPLIES IN ADVANCE ^^

Alrght, so I've been playing the new build a lot recently and testing a bunch of stuff out. I don't know if these are all intended or not so just a random list of things that seem a bit off/are bugs:

1. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7815815394680627,0.12461738715878383,139.82196296482022

These houses on this street. In my game, ALL front doors are unlocked, but ALL also have an alarm go off. I've tested every single one. They're the only houses so far that I found that are like that, and they weren't like that in the last build.

2. Food's nutrition values don't change in the UI when it's going from fresh to rotten. The only thing the changes is that it adds on negative traits (-10 boredom, -10 happiness...don't know why eating slightly older food makes you bored though =P). I know in older builds if you cooked something for instance, the nutrition bar value would increase (the green bar) so it would be easier to see when it's fully cooked (even though it does change it's picture when done). Now it doesn't do that. Not sure if intentional or not. I just figured it would either increase or decrease depending on it being cooked or not as well as with age. Also, I thought cooking would help with older meat to not make it as bad for you, but apparently it doesn't at all lol. Not sure how the rotten vs good food type of deal is supposed to work. I made tasty soup with some meat that was not fully rotten yet + 2 fresh vegetables and somehow ended up with fully rotten tasty soup which made me sick.

3. Crafted doors will open then become untargettable (can't open/close them anymore). Sometimes* you can relog and they will reset, but sometimes they won't at all. And if they do reset the same thing happens again. This only happens with crafted doors, and from what I see, only at carpentry level 3+ (where the doors are "perfect"). My lvl 2 carpentry doors seemed to work just fine.

4. 2nd floor bug still in effect (I know you know about this already =P)

5. Loot is....strange in some instances. Like the large warehouse in westpoint used to always have normal warehouse drops (paint, nails, axes, etc). For some reason in my game I found a lot of paint but also paper and such which makes no sense. Not really any normal warehouse drops so I ended up needing to go to the hardware store. It was the only place in westpoint that had a single axe.... It was never like this before. Same for the Police Station in westpoint: not a single weapon in the place, just papers, pens, and clothes in the lockers of the back room. No guns like in older versions.  (Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky?) Other than those select few places, loot seems pretty good. Although garbage bags seem a bit rare considering you need 4 for just a single rain collector (why do you need 4 bags to collect some water again...?). On a 30 day character after raiding nearly half of west point, which is supposed to be loot heavy, I found 8 total. So 2 barrels after ~30 days....? That's a bit harsh, considering you can't build the good ones until lvl 4 carpentry which took me the 30 days to get even with an early carpentry start. I never understood why you need 4 bags for a single rain collector tbh and that should be a balance change imo. Maybe 2 to "double bag" it to make the bag sturdier, but 4? Seems a bit off since this game has always tried to go into the "realistic" factor.

6. Random lighting glitches where you have a small black line here and there in the middle of a street. No big deal just weird, and it's all over in various places. I can't really name them all on the top of my head.

7. The new "half-crate" has the exaxt same storage as a normal crate? (x/50 storage space). I could move everything from a counter to the crate and it would all fit.

If I find/think of more that I found I'l post. :) Hopefully some of the stuff will help.

hey guys i let PZ update for a while and went away boring story aside after it updated it CTDs on the part that says stuff about this being a beta dont use "gamebooster" my specs arent that good im using an Asus laptop I3 4gig ram win7 and stuff. It worked perfectly with the last steam release i think 2 days ago, hope this helps ^^

oh btw RJ you made a small grammatical error i think 

So yes, I do think this version will be in beta, once everything IT'S (not a 100% sure this is wrong but i deeply believe the correct word would be is cause it's is an abbreviation for it is) stable

When crafting an OF item of food - its age will be dependent on the average age of the foodstuffs that went into the recipe. What's more, if any of the food you used was rotten - then don't expect the results to be particularly edible either! This is a fix for crafted food that 'cured' the rot of what went into it - ramen etc

and

• Food will also become rotten INSIDE if put inside zombie body.

not sure if these two are correct but it kinda sorta does not make any sense to me with the all cap words i highlighted

im actually a little under the weather and i have OCD and possibly ADHD so i notice errors allot and they make my head spin and even more so today (no offence its probably just me) anyway those are the ones that jumped at me just a heads up ^^

When crafting an OF item of food - its age will be dependent on the average age of the foodstuffs that went into the recipe. What's more, if any of the food you used was rotten - then don't expect the results to be particularly edible either! This is a fix for crafted food that 'cured' the rot of what went into it - ramen etc

I'm aware. The meat was not fully rotten yet but had negative bonuses. The 2 vegetables I used (carrot and peas) were both fresh. 2 fresh and 1 not rotten but giving you negative bonuses meat should not = fully rotten tasty soup. So to me that's a bug, as it's meant to average them.

hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered but i kinda dont have that much time to look through all the posts so if someone doesn't mind answering my question that would be fantastic ^^ (havent been active in a while due to a ton of other games ive been playing) will there be Mult-Player and if so when might it be released also ive heard of a split screen how exactly do you use that (you know if i heard correctly)? BIG THANKS TO ANYONE WHO REPLIES IN ADVANCE ^^

Multiplayer Will come but dont hold your breath waiting, the devs dont put up ETA's but heres a link to whats going to be added and what not.  http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/page-10#entry54400

Also the splitscreen is for now bugged as hell and not worth bothering with, none of the buttons work as they should. It will be fixed but for now just wait and see and try to keep up to date on the updates, like here forexample on the First post. :)

There's still an error in the Muldraugh trailer park when the old trailers were replaced. The shadow is still there causing the lighting to change as you walk through it, as if you were inside a house. Most notably is the one just South East of the 3 large orange dumpsters.

Build 20

Windows 7 64bit

Loot in the pile or crapes is not right imo. Just cleared the area with my shotgun went in and the only food in the place was in the fridges. I think when it was redone it didn't get tagged right(appears to be tagged as warehouse cabinets?).

Player made crates are using the bar appearance and are unable to be stacked. Hitting r just makes them turn into a right or left corner bar.

When wearing 2 big hiking bags the 2nd bag unequippes on reload.(the one i have equipped in secondary)

The police station in west point spawns guns and clothes in the gun storage area no ammo(has happened 2 times).

Other then that all looks to be functioning other then 2nd floor tiles but that is alrdy known. O yeah Love the zombie Amounts almost perfect.

Can you please, give me a screenshot ? Or a link with the pzmap ?

Yup. This trailer park. I noticed that some of the houses have been changed around.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5353768066027459,0.20860541096279525,76.67519984894948

Specifically this house is no longer there, but the shadow remains. When you walk into it, the lighting effect changes as if you were actually inside the house.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5346998227972232,0.2091889863712477,228.9509199457655

Really need to focus on the servers imo this game would grow very fast when u bring friends together would add 5 more players that would support and be active on the game just by doing that. Then just from my friends and me would attract countless amount of players, and a donation if you guys r in need of money to help grow this game!! It is an amazing core atm just being in beta but with solo people will slip in and out and not be as active as if they had people to competitively go against. Very well done job on this game plz look into my advice to help pz grow to what it could be!!  

Really need to focus on the servers imo this game would grow very fast when u bring friends together would add 5 more players that would support and be active on the game just by doing that. Then just from my friends and me would attract countless amount of players, and a donation if you guys r in need of money to help grow this game!! It is an amazing core atm just being in beta but with solo people will slip in and out and not be as active as if they had people to competitively go against. Very well done job on this game plz look into my advice to help pz grow to what it could be!!

The online multiplayer will come down eventually, but as the devs have stated, they want to focus on the single player (and NPCs) first for several reasons :)

Local Co-Op might be fixed / improved soonish though ;)

Same issue with the corn that there was with the berries. They rot on the stalks pretty quickly, as it's essentially a perishable left outside from the start of the world generating, and you quickly end up with just a bunch of rotten corn on stalks. Not much of a point in it existing if it's not either on a growing cycle or not becoming perishable until it's picked.

New horde mechanics are awesome guys. Absolutely awesome. Breathing new life into the game immediately.

New storm effects are pretty great too. I'm noticing that the lightning seems to be triggering the sound zombies make when you can hear them walking though. Not sure if that's intended just to add some tension or if it's a bug though. It certainly does create some tension either way, when you're inside your house keeping out of the storm and it sounds like there are zombies outside.