BETA BRANCH RELEASED : 07/12/13

RobertJohnson

Hello,

So yes, I do think this version will be in beta, once everything it's stable, we'll release in the normal Steam branch, that's why I try to focus on bug fixing and not adding things... But hey, you peeps have too much great idea I want to add :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE : Keep this thread clean untill it's released, then you could add your report, use this post only to talk/ask question about the UPCOMING FEATURES (no need to report bugs here, use the released thread instead).
And now I'm gonna add this reminder for every thread I make to avoid any drama :
English is not my native language, so please if you find any spelling/grammar errors and stuff, write it down there or send me a PM so I can fix it.

NO ETA GIVEN.

Hiyyaaaaaa (aka Changelog in Ninja) :

[bUG FIX]

• No longer possible to equip a two handed weapon if it's broke.
  • Some world convert fixes (still have some crash on certain save :( Will do more).
  • Fixed a lot of farming bugs :
    • When you harvest a plant, click on another (even dead) to have the last clicked plants vegetables (I fixed this for all the other actions)
    • Some plants disapear.
    • Fertilizer.
    • Other minor fixes.
  • Fixed sand bag walls : They were not hoppable and not acting as a wall. (now they block you, not your vision, and you can climb them).
  • Fixed alarms saving.
  • Fixed the mod loader bug (I thought we already made a hotfix for that, apologize !).
  • Fixed the temperature of items after the electricity shut-off. 
  • When crafting an of item of food - its age will be dependent on the average age of the foodstuffs that went into the recipe. What's more, if any of the food you used was rotten - then don't expect the results to be particularly edible either! This is a fix for crafted food that 'cured' the rot of what went into it - ramen etc :)
  • The loot found on zombie bodies is no longer dependent on the room/area in which they were 'killed'.
  • General UI polish.
  • Ripping something into bandages that's inside a container won't have the side-effect of ripping up the clothes you're wearing. (Sorry!).
  • Some typo fixes.
  • You can now destroy non-player made stairs.
  • Fixed bunchs of XP books bugs :
    • No more xp reset if you stop/restart to read the book.
    • Page read will be reset to 0 if you finish to read them (thanks gekkobear ;)).
    • No more multiplier reset in the middle of the skill.
    • No more "can't read last page bug".
  • Hand made construction will now drop some materials used to build it if destroyed.
  • Fixed the weapon tooltip.
  • Food will also become rotten inside if put inside zombie body.
  • Fixed a bug in the calcul of the rotten food when it was in a container you never open before.
  • Some reloading fixing by our lovely Stormy !
  • Fixed a bug where the name of the plant wasn't in the info box in case of dead plant.

[NEW STUFF]

• You can now find sand bag, gravel bag and empty gravel bag, you can click click on them to spill sand/gravel on the ground, adding a sand/gravel tile where you want. These bags can be used 4 times before giving you an empty bag, which, with a shovel can be filled with sand, gravel or soil by clicking on the right tile on the ground.
  • Some new items : threads, garbage bags, gravel bag, watch, wooden glue... Not all of this item have a purpose right now, but they will really soon, that's why they are already in game. (think about people who already explored a lot of things, when this new items will have an utility, they'll have hard time to find them..).
  • Added gravel bags walls in the carpentry menu (under "Fence sub menu).
  • Fertilizer for farming (this was not really "new", but bugged and the fertilizer weren't spawned) : Use it up to 4 times on your plant (no more ! or it'll die...) to reduce by 20hours the next growing phase.
  • Added a tiny icon (like the little orange round for the equipped item) for broken weapon.
  • Empty gravel bag and garbage bags are container (you can equip them), they are big but with a really small weight reduction.
  • Changed crate crafting: level 2 carpentry allows for rough/crap crates, level 4 lets you build proper ones.
  • Player-created floors, like walls, now have three different textures to match your carpentry skill level.
  • You can now pack 50 seeds into a seeds package - so it now works like boxing up nail.
  • Campfire will now look like it’s alight when fired up.
  • Some containers (school bag, plastic bag ...) will now have items spawned inside. A purse might contain lipstick etc.
  • Berries will now rot.
  • New message added to demo to underline to players that you start off infected.
  • Crops in farm areas now have a chance to spawn corn.
  • The container tooltip (for plastic bags, school bags..) will now display the icons of the 3 last items added inside it.
  • 2 new traits : Lucky and Unlucky, they will influence thing as loot rate, chance of break your weapon, chance of success in fixing it...
  • Fixing System ! Yay ! http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3735-the-fixing-system

[bALANCED STUFF]

• Up a bit the loot rate of sand bags.
  • Rain collector change : You now need to be carpentry lvl 2 to build a small rain collector, and then lvl 4 to build the big one (the current one). You also need garbage bags to build them now.
  • Up the loot rate of the hand shovel (required for farming).
  • Increased the likelihood of discovering tent pegs
  • Lowered the potential for alarms to sound once the electricity has shut itself off.
  • Name of a rotten food will now be displayed in red.

[MODDING]

• Added a setCustomColor(ColorInfo) for IsoObject.

[TRANSLATIONS]

• Updated French, Polish, Italian and Russian translation.

I'd love to see you guys hire a producer. He might be able to help focus your development efforts and streamline your alpha/beta. Worst case he can post the patch notes so that the changelogs are complete and make sense.

You can now spill on ground sands, dirt or gravel with a bag (sand bag...), terraforming baby !
Bunch of things I forgot (i have a shield anti-blame)

I don't know what that means. You're on Steam now, with a bigger audience and a bigger price tag, so - you're image is going to count, and the only real image you guys have is how you communicate via the written word, on these forums.

Not being mean. I like your game and think it has a future.  (fedora)

Look, when I fix like 10 or 20 bugs during a day + adding stuff + planning other stuff, yup, I can forgot stuff, I prefer say it, like that if someone say "what about the XXXX fix ?" it may be already fixed, then I remember it, upload the OP...

We're not in the same office, we don't have office at all, we have an ocean between us, I try to be as much as accurate possible, but please, oh lord please, don't blame us because we're still not used to versionning EVERYTHING we do, jeeze, I prefer use my time fixing thing than trying to remember everything I do.

Once we'll get used to versionning steam, it'll be better, for now I'm still lost how to do the versionning, that's why I make post 5 or 6 days after I started the new version.

Well, I'm gonna remove the "Bunch of things I forgot", because I don't wanna fight for that, if I remember things I'll add it.

Nerfed the rain collector : You now need to be carpentry lvl 2 to build a small rain collector, and then lvl 4 to build the big one (the current one). You also need garbage bags to build them now.

Oh god save me

That thing is what keeps me alive most of the time, after finding out that the river dosent do anything, i had to make rain collectors like crazy to survive.

EDIT : The original post by RJ have been edited and so my post here no longer reflect this. However

a lot of people misunderstood me, so please read >this< first if you are going to comment regarding

my post below.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have to agree with Citizen here. It's really annoying not to be able to read the patch notes.

The game is official now, and you can't play around if you want people to take you seriously.

People invest money, and time to help you guys with bugs and such. The least you could do

is to communicate so we can understand. It's really hard to get a birds eye view of the game

progression at times. This game is all over the place with; updates, patches, hotfixes, alpha,

beta, Steam, Desura, Interim, versions, builds, branch... you name it. Keep it simple and

easy to understand, please.

Or at least follow your own rules:

3) Take your time, and do your best with spelling/grammar
No one is expecting perfection, but making your posts easier to read will make it easier for people to respond to you.  Effort is appreciated!

Some good things to end a sour start. This game is awesome. I have 135 hours in this game

so far, so you do make most things right. And I really believe you will have a huge success in

the end, by the time you reach a full release. Keep up the good work. You are doing great.

I think this patch note is clear enough, nope ?

I know it's the mess with all the version stuff, I'm also a bit lost sometimes, I think even for hotfix, we need a new post for an upcoming version (but we may have tons of thread then... well, nvm).

But really, I don't see your point in this patch note being bad...

About spelling/grammar stuff, I'm french so yup, except spelling error (who said strawberry ?! WHO ??! :P), but I'm not against PM to correct me :D

I think this patch note is clear enough, nope ?

I know it's the mess with all the version stuff, I'm also a bit lost sometimes, I think even for hotfix, we need a new post for an upcoming version (but we may have tons of thread then... well, nvm).

But really, I don't see your point in this patch note being bad...

About spelling/grammar stuff, I'm french so yup, except spelling error (who said strawberry ?! WHO ??! :P), but I'm not against PM to correct me :D

I'm Swedish, so there you go.

I have no idea what this means?

You can now spill on ground sands, dirt or gravel with a bag (sand bag...), terraforming baby !

• Nerfed the rain collector : You now need to be carpentry lvl 2 to build a small rain collector, and then lvl 4 to build the big one (the current one). You also need garbage bags to build them now.

Yes! I've been meaning to suggest this for a long time. The rainbarrels have been pretty OP imo. This should make storing water a reasonable option again.

(who said strawberry ?! WHO ??! :P)

I'm sorry Romain I didn't mean it. :cry: And it wasn't all my fault! :(

Of all the indie games I play, this dev team has by far the best communication... I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Can the wording be a little odd sometimes? Sure, but i prefer that then for them to be politically correct on everything they do.

Actually, maybe they should join the ranks of all the "professional" developers out there and name every new feature with a crazy catchphrase and trademark it... \sarcasm

Some people have the gift to complain about anything... it's not like you could just ask here if you don't understand something. *cough cough*

No one is expecting perfection, but making your posts easier to read will make it easier for people to respond to you.  Effort is appreciated!

Maybe you should read the rules you are quoting more carefully in the future.

• Because Robomat matter : FIXED ALARMS YAY (also lowered their chance to trigger a bit).

This means: RoboMat is awesome - send him your money and booze.

Some people have the gift to complain about anything... it's not like you could just ask here if you don't understand something. *cough cough*

Maybe you should read the rules you are quoting more carefully in the future.

I wonder why you get so defensive here? Sometimes it's hard to understand what you

guys are saying. That's it. We made a friendly advise, the rest is up to you. Ignore it

if you want. Perhaps most people don't give a damn, even if we do in this case.

Otherwise I agree with people. The devs are exceptional and some companies could

benefit a great deal from casting an eye on you, because most things here are really

good, and it have been fun to be a part of this game. The mods are also good, and

I do think this forum is a great place with lots of good ideas. And I get the feeling that

ideas also are taken seriously.

Not really gone, it just be slightly harder to make now. You have to actually go and find an extra material. Plus you will need to level carpentry to 2 for the small water barrel, still it doesn't take to long to carpentry 2; you can usually get that in 2 days of chopping wood and sawing them into planks and finding a beginners and intermediate book for carpentry isn't to hard I've found all 5 in the space of searching 12 homes in 2 days lol. The only problem is you have to build more of the smaller barrels till you can get to carpentry 4 which does take a bit of time ;/. I just want the floors and stairs to work properly lol, I'm itching to actually build onto my primary base.

-snip-

Might be because it could be a touchy subject for RJ since he's had to jump to a foreign language project and had to publish things, give interviews etc. in a language that's not in total control. It isn't easy to perform for the public in a foreign language and at the same time appear extremely confident and professional. You could have expressed your opinions a bit more considerately.

edited typos

well, a bit more detailed patchonotes dont hurt and cant be THAT difficult to maintain. just have a txt file open and when you complete a task write down what you did. dont know the code of the game but i guess you are using comments to explain what your function and stuff does ~

anyways, looing very promising, cant wait to try it out