Lockpicking Mod (1.8.1)

RoboMat

In 31.8 if I use this mod I'm not able to eat things from my inventory or equip them. I need to drop them first and then I'm able to do so It applied to any food I tried (Not canned and cooked) However I can, for example, cure meat (I tested with other mods and without. It didn't made any difference)

In 31.8 if I use this mod I'm not able to eat things from my inventory or equip them. I need to drop them first and then I'm able to do so. I know that 31.8 is not release but if you have nothing to do so... However I can, for example, cure meat (I tested with other mods and without. It didn't made any difference)

This mod is old as balls and won't work with the current PZ version.

gatsbyoldasballs-1.png

Okay, that was easy.

I fixed this for 31.8 :-)

You can eat stuff again, walking adjacent to door when picking works and the Burglar profession also seems to work fine.

I haven't tested this in-depth because I'm at work (slacking off), so if you find something, gimme a shout.

See update below http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/33-lockpicking-mod-v100/?p=170413

Noticed another small oddity.

WUuQNI.png

The profession update added 'Burglar' already (Of course, this mod was before then)

Dunno if you'd want to rename it to Locksmith (Would require a new icon) or even Thief. 

(Also sorry it's not even your mod oh god what am I doing)

This was annoying me too, but rather than renaming one I decided to merge the two. I did this more for myself, but I figured I'd shove it here since everyone seems to be sharing and I thought someone may want it.

lockpick.png

Basically it just injects the two traits and the icon into the base game's burlar profession. So if The Indie Stone were to change the base Burglar profession, the changes would still show up even with this tweak. (Though the icon will always be adorable.)

Thanks to BlindCoder for fixing the mod. That was out of my league. xD

And Thanks of course to Robomat for making the mod in the first place.

-6 point version:

RMLockpickingMod_PZ31.8_blindcoder_v2_DirielTweak.zip

For the better balanced -8 point version of the profession:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/33-lockpicking-mod-v100/page-8#entry172042

That's a cool idea, but I think the points of the original burglar should then be adjusted. Gaining two more traits for the same price as the original burglar doesn't seems quite fair to me. I think something between an additional -2 to -4 should be added.

That's a cool idea, but I think the points of the original burglar should then be adjusted. Gaining two more traits for the same price as the original burglar doesn't seems quite fair to me. I think something between an additional -2 to -4 should be added.

I agree, actually. My logic for not altering the cost was that the mod's original Burglar profession was at zero cost, so... The math worked out. xD

Personally I prefer the game to kick me around, but I didn't think many would agree to such a high cost profession. Now that I see that that may not be the case I'll re-post here with a slight tweak... Of my slight tweak.

It's now as expensive at Veteran. I considered taking it to -4, but considering burgler doesn't get anything combat related, I don't think it would be fair to make it the most expensive of the base professions.

-8 point version of profession (base-2):

RMLockpickingMod_PZ31.8_blindcoder_v2_DirielTweak2.zip

Hi,

i've added 2 things to the mod :

- translation in French

- a recipe for crafting Paperclip into Bobby Pin

but how can i put my translation into resource file instead of hard coding text inside the mod ?

Thanks for your help

regards

cyb

You can put it into media/shared/Translations/FR/<Prefix>_FR.txt

If you need an example, check my Hotbar mod, I have added a few translations there.

ok done i changed some parts of code for translation.

can i put the new code on github ?

Yes just give proper credit "Original Mod by RoboMat" or something like that and add a link to this thread. I will post the link to your github repo in the opening post. 

• 3 months later...

I'm currently working on an update for this mod and am thinking about removing the Bobby Pin item.

Back when I first wrote this mod, the Paper Clip didn't exist in the vanilla game yet. Now that we have the Paper Clip the Bobby Pin becomes a bit superfluous. 

Therefore my suggestion is to the remove the Bobby Pin item from the mod and simply adjust the spawning rate of Paper Clips.

Any thoughts?