Lockpicking Mod (1.8.1)

RoboMat

Okay finished the basic window opening stuff :) Even included a small new sound... hope it sounds okayish :D

I like the Update Idea, perhaps you could also add a low chance to open an old (some?!) window with a screwdriver (+hammer?)? 

i've read that something like this may be possible in real life also ^^ (you probably should add a thief profession/trait for that)

(http://www.wetterauer-zeitung.de/Home/Kreis/Staedte-und-Gemeinden/Wetteraukreis/Artikel,-Ein-geschlossenes-Fenster-ist-keine-Sicherheit-_arid,157059_costart,1_regid,3_puid,1_pageid,241.html)

I already have thought about something like this ... need to do some testing first :P;)

• 2 weeks later...

How do I install this with your sleeping mod? They both have the same Utility.lua in the same spot.?

As Aricane said it shouldn't be a problem, but if you want to be sure open both Utility files and compare their version numbers - Use the (newer) one with the higher version number ;)

Good news, RJ has added the setter I needed to update this mod :)

Should be done in the next couple of days!

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm working on the update and want to include the opening of windows.

At the moment it works similar to breaking open a door. When you have a crowbar you get the option to force open the window. If you succeed it is unlocked and openend, if you fail it gets smashed.

What do you guys think about that?

Definitely support this idea!

Frankly, I would love to see this mod added to the vanilla game (perhaps restricted by a buyable "Locksmith" trait).

The update is as good as finished. I just need to polish the last few lines. Hope I will get it done till sunday.

Ah crap ... I need to wait for the next Steam update until the "setPermaLocked()" setter is in the game :(

UPDATE:

I will release the update as soon as the devs release the new steam build as it contains essential stuff my mod needs.

With RJ adding my C.C.P.C. to the vanilla game the mod will get its own thief profession :)

• 2 weeks later...

Now I can't open any doors?I'm on latest version of steam,is it compatible?

If you look in the title of the mod you will see [2.9.9.13] this means that the last version it was tested with was .13

I can't say anything about newer versions, but if you are encountering problems it probably isn't compatible ;) Just wait for the next update.

Now I can't open any doors?I'm on latest version of steam,is it compatible?

If you look in the title of the mod you will see [2.9.9.13] this means that the last version it was tested with was .13

I can't say anything about newer versions, but if you are encountering problems it probably isn't compatible ;) Just wait for the next update.

Awesome mod, just wondering if the update be drag and drop install due to the new way mod installation works? Or will it use the old process of overwriting files?

Keep up the good work!

Awesome mod, just wondering if the update be drag and drop install due to the new way mod installation works? Or will it use the old process of overwriting files?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ecn. All future updates of this mod will use the modloader (drag and drop). RJ has fixed most of its problems for the Upcoming release and after that, there shouldn't be any need to overwrite source files ever again :)

- Stuff wink.png

like what

Thief profession, opening windows, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

The update for the current 2.9.9.17 (0008) is released :)

! IMPORTANT: You will need to install my modding utilities to be able to use this mod !

v0.7.0

• Added a few spawn points in West Point
  • Added a second Bobby Pin (Texture by nasKo)
  • Tweaked spawning rates and loot distribution.
v0.6.1
  • Fixed: Mod not loading due to 'require' calls
  • Fixed: Spawn points in Muldraugh
v0.6.0
  • Updated for latest 64 bit interim build
  • Added lockbreaking for windows

=> Locked windows can be forced open with crowbar

=> attracts zombies in a small radius

=> Failure leads to a smashed window (1:15 chance)

=> Uses custom sound

=> Windows get stuck when opened with a crowbar

• Added chance to lose the bobby pin when failing to pick a lock
  • Added new crafting recipe which allows to make empty notebooks
  • Player automatically equips the necessary items to perform the action

=> re-equips the previous items after performing the action

• Proper item damage (Uses same system as combat now)
  • Added Burglar profession & Nimble Fingers trait

=> custom icons

• Item texture for bobby pin is loaded correctly now
  • Mod now also works with translated games

=> Translator.getDisplayItemName("...")

More spawnpoints for the Burglar will follow shortly btw. Didn't have enough time to find proper locations in West Point :)

Updated

Version 0.7.2

- Fixed: Open doors displayed as locked

- Fixed: Re-equipping two-handed items after lock-breaking

- Increased chances for failing to pick / break locks

Version 0.7.1

- Added custom profession icon (thanks to nasKo)

- Nerfed Nimble Fingers trait a bit

- Fixed: missing function

burglar.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Project Zomboid downloaded from Steam, installed the mod and I created the character and the screen goes black when you complete the sentences.  Project Zomboid version 2.2.9.17 i belive.

There is a problem with the current modloader apparently. It should be fixed in the upcoming build :)

Project Zomboid downloaded from Steam, installed the mod and I created the character and the screen goes black when you complete the sentences.  Project Zomboid version 2.2.9.17 i belive.

If you select West Point start, then it will work once. If you die and try to use the burgler class, it will do it again.  It seems to be a spawn location problem. Was something i noticed when i tried starting with a batch file.  I havent reported it yet because of how modloader works right now.

Hi!

I've tried this mod on the current Steam version 17 (00128) for linux, and it kinda works :

• Bobby pins correctly spawn in the world and are totally working, but don't use their icon (only a white question mark on a blue circle).
  • The burglar profession works skill-wise, but doesn't show any custom icon. The "Nimble Fingers" trait icon is visible though.
  • As reported by thrandisher, you can start a game fine in West Point once per save, but the game hangs on "This is how you died" when trying to start in Muldraugh.

To be perfectly clear : I'm not trying to be a jerk here, complaining about something given for free....in fact, I love RobotMat's mods, they're (in my opinion) amongst the most balanced and realistic ones.

I'm just trying to be helpful, should he decide to update this mod.

Anyways, thanks RobotMat and keep up the good work!

Can any one explain why to have this mod, if you can open window and then the door? If this mod also include some alarm disable mechanics, thats would be really useful.

Some buildings just don't have windows to climb in. Factories, etc. You literally have to tear the door down with fire axe in vanilla to get into it, or break the wall with sledge hammer.

Can any one explain why to have this mod, if you can open window and then the door? If this mod also include some alarm disable mechanics, thats would be really useful.

Some buildings just don't have windows to climb in. Factories, etc. You literally have to tear the door down with fire axe in vanilla to get into it, or break the wall with sledge hammer.

Ahh.. ok now I see, thank you for this point. I did notice such buildings, I'll keep some bobby pins for this.

My mod already affects the alarms to some extend ;)

Hi!

I've tried this mod on the current Steam version 17 (00128) for linux, and it kinda works :

• Bobby pins correctly spawn in the world and are totally working, but don't use their icon (only a white question mark on a blue circle).
  • The burglar profession works skill-wise, but doesn't show any custom icon. The "Nimble Fingers" trait icon is visible though.
  • As reported by thrandisher, you can start a game fine in West Point once per save, but the game hangs on "This is how you died" when trying to start in Muldraugh.

To be perfectly clear : I'm not trying to be a jerk here, complaining about something given for free....in fact, I love RobotMat's mods, they're (in my opinion) amongst the most balanced and realistic ones.

I'm just trying to be helpful, should he decide to update this mod.

Anyways, thanks RobotMat and keep up the good work!

Thank you - I will look into these issues right now.