Bathrooms

FateDes7iny

What is it about the oh so majestic bathroom that attracts zombies near and far? Why do zombies love bathrooms so much? When victims are bitten, is their first instinct to go into the bathroom and die there? Or do the infected go into the bathrooms after they die?

Many a time I've died because of a zombie lingering quietly in a bathroom.  Perhaps those zombies are more intelligent then we think, waiting around for an unsuspecting victim. Or perhaps they just forgot how to open the door.

Why bathrooms? Why in the world do zombies love bathrooms so much?

I'm so scared to go near the bathroom when clearing a house out. How can I sleep without checking all of the rooms? Will a zombie come bite me in my sleep?

Oh, and apparently zombies are in the closet too. Come out of the closet, zombie!

the bathroom is a room where we are very vulnerable, because we usually drop our pants to do some bathroom stuff. it's just a psychological thing.

for the story:

most bathrooms are one way, because they have no window(s). so, without a light source and a closed door - the room is a perfect trap for senseless, brainless and disoriented beings (most of all - the crawlers). they may have a chance of opening the door if they reach the knob, but as long they are no hunters, i think they will stay and wait for some attractions.

I could think of at least 2 reasons for that:

- A lot of people keep first aid kits in their bathrooms, so that would be the first place to go in case of a bite.
- Being sick/infected gives you Nauseous moodle - if someone was to vomit they would probably do it in the bathroom.

This doesn't explain the occasional packs of 3-4 zombies in the same bathroom though..

Think about it... youre getting sick, feeling queesy... where would you go? Perhaps go lay down in your bedroom, or a trip to the bathroom? When you are relly at the end of your sickness, fever, sweating, vomiting, youd definatly end up in the bathroom... and many people never left the washroom ;)

- A lot of people keep first aid kits in their bathrooms, so that would be the first place to go in case of a bite.

- Being sick/infected gives you Nauseous moodle - if someone was to vomit they would probably do it in the bathroom.

This doesn't explain the occasional packs of 3-4 zombies in the same bathroom though..

Well, I didn't think of that. That makes perfect sense. And as for the packs of zombies in the same bathroom . . . maybe they just had one hell of a party? Its not a real party until somebody dies, after all.

That still doesn't explain why so many zombies are in the closet though . . .

Maybe because of this:

OdRmQmi.jpg

Well, most of us pee in the shower anyways. It all goes to the same place, doesn't it? LOL XD  :mrgreen:

The worse scenario I had with zombies in the bathroom was when I climbed into a bathroom and it was overloaded with zombies. I saw one standing before I entered, which I can handle, but what I didn't know was that there were also 2 crawling zombies. So the second I entered the bathroom those 2 tore me up.

Wow never thought of people going in there to throw up good call!

I remember waking up and hearing a smash one morning, thought it was something getting in. I went out to check it out but all the doors and windows were fine. So I checked the bathroom and found two zombies just chilling there, I killed them and figured that they must of gotten through the window. Odd thing was, the window wasn't broken. I think we all know where those two zombies came from.

The toilet. (tophat) 

I remember waking up and hearing a smash one morning, thought it was something getting in. I went out to check it out but all the doors and windows were fine. So I checked the bathroom and found two zombies just chilling there, I killed them and figured that they must of gotten through the window. Odd thing was, the window wasn't broken. I think we all know where those two zombies came from.

The toilet. (tophat) 

Hahahaha! That wouldn't surprise me. Those zombies would do anything to get into a bathroom, apparently.

Maybe mirrors attract Zombies? They could misunderstand their own reflection for another person and try to get it.

But then the zombies would attack each other if they could mistake their own reflection with a survivor.

The worse scenario I had with zombies in the bathroom was when I climbed into a bathroom and it was overloaded with zombies. I saw one standing before I entered, which I can handle, but what I didn't know was that there were also 2 crawling zombies. So the second I entered the bathroom those 2 tore me up.

For whatever reason, hordes of zombies end up trapped in a bathroom; somehow. Maybe they crawled up through the toilet?

Well I always assumed they have been trapped their by the former owner(s)s of the place: people would have lured them into a small room and then close the door behind them. This seemed to make especially much sense for the closet ones...

One of my character actually once died in a bathroom, trying to escape a group of zombie while being heavily injured (resulting in dying in the bathroom in a pool of blood, which would have most likely resulted in a zombie reincarnation later on).

But the zombies could just break the door open? And how did the former owners get the zombies in there without being bitten or scratched?

Maybe they didn't. And maybe they are the former owners who locked themselves into the bathroom to try and be safe after being bitten. That's how I think of it.