Complete Loss of Dignity.

hyansith

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in my lowest moment by far. 3 months in, I've exhausted pretty much anything worth eating, I'm scavenging water from toilets, eating dogfood and cooking rats on a campfire. I can't farm anything because of the cold.

I have plans to go to West Point by foot, I already have packed a tent kit, a campfire and 2 cans of soup - probably the last two cans of soup on Earth.

I love this game because it makes me feel so depressed lol

Toilet drinking is a favorite hobby of mine in PZ. In the apocalypse, you're gonna have to shelf your dignity, anyway, so I just play the game like I would actually go about it. Although, I never felt very right about eating apples off of the corpses of dead Z's in the older versions of the game.

Running all the way to the farm west of Mudraugh without a tent because I didn't know they were a thing on this playthrough but had heard of the farm in the west. Make it to the farm exhausted, drenched, and generally, miserable (but not sick). Excited because I am coming from McCoys Logging with a crazy huge number of nails, a hammer, a sledge, an axe, a trowel, a watering can, and an assortment of seeds, and in a locker a big dufflebag to store it all in - couldn't have asked for a better run (and haven't had luck like that since).

Clear the area around the farm house, clear the living room, entryway, kitchen, bathroom, second bathroom, but not the office at the east side of the house. Go upstairs, clear it out, feeling pretty good. Amateur hour with the zombies and I am teflon. Notice there is a nice flat roof outside and climb through the eastern window through the two bed bedroom on the second floor to get onto said roof to get a look around and plan a second floor building extension only to fall through the roof into office I didn't check into a three way between two zombies, Home Alone style.

Since this was the first trowel I had ever found, I had foolishly dug a trench outside after clearing the floors and before trying to get on the roof (to try it out for my first time) and it was still equipped when I tumbled through. Shovel fighting worked a lot better in Day of Defeat.

During the q build era there was a rash of me wanting to go out with a bang, but ending up dying a agonizing zed-friendly dead after accidentally falling from the second floor window to end up with two broken legs in a horde or something similar. 

Also, after spending months hardly playing PZ I tripped an alarm at the same time I discovered crawlers do now hide under beds. I actually got away, but there wasn't that much dignity on the IRL side of the screen. Jesus, I almost shat myself.

Had the worst spawn ever just now..

Barely any tinned food, no bags or anything and no weapons..

Entered a house went into a bedroom and then suddenly a crawler was there out of no where and I couldn't get out of the room because it blocked me between the wall and the bed and I couldn't open the window because it wouldn't let me right click it...

Had to suicide with bleach then died in the middle of the road.

• 6 months later...
Actually I feel a little sorry, cause my text went a little longer than expected but, no I don't feel sorry. Just read it.

Prelude: 
Day 72, on a happy sunday evening I was cooking at home, when someone knocked at the door. I didn't expect any visitors this evening, but I was in a good mood(and a little bit drunken). So I opened the door to welcome my new guests and two bulky guys stomped into my room, one wielding an golf bat, the other open a screw driver. Quick-witted I raised my frying pan in the air, ready to defend myself. Torrid pieces of corn and fish pervaded the room when i blocked the sinister screw driver attack. With a very cool move the bat wielding guy stuck between the entrance door and the wardrobe. But I couldn't gain any advantage of this incident because in this moment the whole company(probably baited by the marvelous smell of my cooking) stormed through doors and windows. For the eye of a moment i tried to argue and promised to share my corn-fish soup, when they smashed my flashlight tower thingy and forced me to step back up the stairs thorough the darkness.
Up on top i bought some time myself, closing the security door I build for my little boy* which I locked and stepped quickly into the back room, raising the stairs up to my new build astronomy tower and grabbed my gun. I always knew they would come for me, family's just that silly way. But I never thought they would dare to interrupt me while dinner!
But nothings help, I stepped out in the dark still hearing them ruining my furniture in the lower levels. Surely they didn't took off their shoes.
I threw out my towel ropes to climb down the backside of my house on the other side of the fence. I took a close watch on not getting detected.  Silently I checked my plan in mind again, when I stepped myself through the front entrance, dreadnought to the crew. And I came to the door... and looked inside, a song on my lips.
Father, yes son, I want to kill you! I pulled the trigger and closed my eyes and counted the bullets! One. Two. Three. Four
Mother...I want to...fuck y.. Woaah! I opened my eyes, seeing the crowd stepping on me. three of them were grounded, but still two dozens crumbling against me. I turned around, shot in the air, hoping to lure them away from my house and my kitchen, so i ran. It was dark and I was tired. Tranquilizers warm touch made me feel just more sleepy. I crossed two blocks, slipped into a small gab between a wall and a fence, catching my breath and all went dark. When I opened my eyes again I go jiggled by the early monday morning sun. I decided to go back to my home. Hoping they're all sleeping, so i could paint all their faces or get some revenge like that. And yes, when I came to my they all were sleeping around the house. They lay around in a circle to the burned ground of my home. 
I just noticed how my legs disappeared below me and I fell to the ground. But not for long, ad i catched myself. Keep calm and carry on, that what they said, and so did I. I felt terrible, but I knew that I couldn't stay. So I sneaked into the house searching something useful, when I saw three survivors, propably some far distant cousins of me, and I decided to leave. In my neighborhood I had some good friends and i knew Mr. and Mrs. Peggison were on vacation and hid their key behind the door bell. 
Topic-relevant plot:
So I entered that house. It was dark and silent, but untouched. And that was important. I just went into the tiny toilet room, taking a little drink or vomit. I wasn't so sure, when something sturdy hit my neck and pushed me forward. I barely had the time to catch myself when the second hit came. I raised my arms to protect my head and I just saw three desperately rotten girls in the door for a second. Then more than two strong hands grabbed my head. I didn't had the power to resist and so the last thing I saw was the 
toilet bowl, and the terrible pain of drowning while your legs get eaten at the same time. A merciful death, was I still holding the pan I used to fry my corn the last 3 months...

What really happened less my fantasy:
After I burned my house I got trapped by 3 zed in a 2 square toilet room. I was overexausted, so I couldn't push them out, and so they pushed me into the room bit me, and as I fell to the ground the animation ended with my head in the bowl. So I got drowned in my neighbors toilet in my pyjamas** by some random girls.

*actually I didn't have children, but since I found a crawler in a house I grew fatherly feelings for these poor guys and their puerile fear of stairs. So I always build doors on top of my stairs, hoping for a crawler once to get in my house so i can pet him. Still waiting. Maybe my wife will be more lucky in her Life in this forsaken town of Muldraugh.
**Yes, I aways put on a special dress for sleeping.

A fight i had with a guy in a dinner over a cooked rat.

It was the most awkward fight you can imagine, i was cooking the rat in the backyard in a campfire, it starts raining and i hear the door open, there is this guy who i gave food when the server started, he said that he saw the campfire and he is starving.

By that point i was starving and sick, he was starving and weak, he draws a pistol on me, no ammo, i rush him and hit him in the head with a rolling pin, it breaks and he drops the pistol for some reason.

There was some butter knives and forks in the floor for some reason, i rush to get a fork and he gets a butter knife, and we start "stabbing" each other for about almost  a minute while some zombie is banging its head against the window.

He tries to run away, and i get the last hit on him and he dies.

I just ate the rat and died some minutes later because of the beating he did on me.

It was a bitter victory.

My most embarassing moment? having built a self suficient farm, then finding a sledge hammer. curious about how it worked, I smashed a random house's walls up, then I decided to smash a bit of the house's stairs, then walking and glitching through, constantly getting fall damage until I died

• 2 weeks later...

Eating worms to survive while waiting for cabbages to be ready for harvest then getting the title "fuelled by worms" as seen above my avatar when posting a thread about it. Thx to Dr Gonzo. Actually a cool title tho :D

Also, trying for days to figure out why I couldn't light a campfire with a piece of paper or notebook instead of using a newspaper or magazine, dying then realising on my next character that the paper or notebook had to be written on first.

My lowest moment is definitely when zombies overran my safe house that I just managed to put 2 boxes of chips in, while I was out on a supply run to get some more food and water. I took my golf club in desperation and started kiting them to try to free the place, but realized I am starving. In a daring attempt, I rush through them, climb into the window, grab the food super quick, zombies on my tail, and I start walking up the road to where I presume the farm would be. Trying to make it to the farm, starving so much that my strength drops, and I break my back from carrying so much. With painkillers, laying on the road, my bags around me, I spend most of my food to heal the injury and rest. The rain hits, but as a park ranger, I'm immune. However, I'm not immune to the rotten watermelon I ate. I have a fever, and near completely starve. That's when I eat a dead rat and get even worse. Thanks to the keen vision I find some berry bushes down the road, and tie my knot a little. Bandaged and bloodied, I stumble to the farm, only to find it covered in zombies.

A broken golf club later, I manage to crash on the bed and with shaking fingers devour a bag of chips and a soda, to live another day. Good thing I brought all the farming tools...

Had it pretty bad recently while playing multiplayer.

I was on a server that was online for 2 ingame months. Pretty much every house was picked clean when I first joined. There was some kind of war going on in Muldraugh between 2 groups of people, you could hear shooting every day and night. There was no escaping it.

One day I was lucky enough to find a can of beans, a can opener, a spade, a bucket and a bottle. It was on a corpse, the man was shot dead just recently in a fiery shootout between the 2 rival gangs. I picked all his stuff, went to a nearby house, filled the bucket and bottle with toilet water and ran to the woods so I wouldn't be caught in the middle of the fighting. These people were all raiders so I had to be careful.

I finished the beans on my way to the woods because I was very hungry by then. Once I reached the relative safety of the deep forest I realized that I had no other food. So I did the one thing I could do - I dug. (Note: I found a sand bag before I found the dead man)

For 4 days I lived off worms and toilet water. It was miserable but at least I was still alive. I kept busy by talking to the people on the Global chat, they were always talking about a big shootout or whining about being killed by someone. On the fourth day I got bored so I revealed my position to the people.

I didn't expect anyone to actually show up but, much to my surprise, 5 gang members showed up thinking to rob me. I told them that I had nothing of value but they didn't believe me. I tried to run be one shot me as a warning. I stopped, bandaged my wound and dropped all my stuff just like they told me. I told the leader that I was thirsty and had no water left. He took all my stuff and left me a bleach bottle. Then he shot me again one time to make me bleed. With no bandages I was dead anyway so I did as my captors told me and drank the bleach.

The raiders left for the town with all my stuff still with them. The last post I saw in the chat box before my tragic and painful death was

"LoL wat a noob".

The end.