Complete Loss of Dignity.

hyansith

So... i started a new game in sandbox so i could maybe see if there was any major difference in weather etc. depending on the time of year. Right off the bat i suffered a complete loss of dignity.... i was struggling to escape a small cluster of the beasts and i find myself bitten and bleeding. I checked my inventory and there were no bandages (fail). As the cluster grew in size at the scent of their prey, and as i slowly tried to make my way safely away from them and also stem the flow of blood, i realised there was only one option.... i was going to have to rip up my pants. 

I am now several days in heading north via the farmhouse and Dixie Trailer Park.... still haven't found and trousers. :)

What were your lowest moments in game? Has anyone tried Rat soup yet? :D

The moment I had to abandon my wife to save my skin. As a player I felt so ashamed that two in game days later I purposely gathered a horde beat them to death and killed myself, just to start all over and look up how to save her. Some call it cheating, I call it a reaction to a genius game.

((Not to say the game's perfect.... yet :P))

This was when I first played maaaaybe a year or two ago.

Was on top of my game. Had survived a month (give or take), and had an awesome safe house with pleanty of weapons and goodies. Other survivors had broken into my place and felt the Wrath of MottSpott. I felt like a survival god. Then the power went out and I realized that I didn't have a can opener to take advantage of all my canned foodz. I went to the super-tall apartment building next to the grocery store (Yooouuu know the one), because I figured I had overlooked/ignored one when I had first looted it and, lo and behold, I had. It was on the top floor. In my excitement to get back home, I accidentally jumped the railing at the stairs and plummeted to my death.