The Missing Railroad

Blake81

For as long as I've played PZ, I've always used the railroad as the best way to move between Mul, Dixie and WP without having to take as many bites to the buttocks from the Zed. However, since then, it has always been a glaring issue that the railroad itself is broken; right after the Dixie crossing, the railroad ends abruptly, leading to a large patch of forest. After that patch, you'll end up in an empty pathway, that after a long walk, will turn into a railroad again by the time you're close to the WP Picnic Area.

Rails.png

The Red line indicates the area without rails, while the Blue one indicates the patch of forest.

So, since Mash is currently working on the maps, adding those new areas south of Mul as well as the bodies of water, I thought this was the best occasion to see if we can get this whole thing fixed. I know it ain't exactly a bug or anything that actually hampers gameplay, but for me, this was always the biggest issue of all with the map.

Hopefully it ain't too hard to patch up.

This has annoyed me too. I've always been fond of the gameplay of taking the train tracks for traveling, exchanging the loot pit-stops on the highway for a safer route to get places. 

Even if they just removed the trees for the rails, it would still have a similar affect. As of now if you want to travel with the railway you need to cut through Dixie and rejoin the tracks through the unfinished road.

It's how I get places in multiplayer. Too many people run into you in the road between Muldraugh and WP, seen servers where there are hostile checkpoints as well. Not that they don't have a right to be there - it's just better if the railway was completed as a tertiary road.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

8 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

it would also be nice to have power lines. I may be the only one, but I have yet to see any power lines. I personally think it would add another level of realism. You could also probably chop one down to get electrical wire and a log or two.

Yes please, More things like that should be added to the game world as well so the game will be more detailed.

8 hours ago, MashPotato said:

Yes, the railroad should be fixed with the next map update ;)  They weren't put down before because the cells weren't done, but with EP's noise generation it should be a-go.

Yay! That's great news.

Btw, if it ain't much of a secret, can we know if any other unfinished parts of the map will be finished besides the Southern Mul areas? No need to show screencaps or any kind of details; just Yes or No.

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

No news on train gameplay.

Would love to see a working train someday :D Maybe once the vehicle system is released it would be easier to implement. Even if it was usually broken and could only be run by a rare NPC it would make for an amazing addition to the world :)

Now if only it was possible to get a full Train to Busan simulation going with it! I'm sure it would be difficult (if not impossible) to make work with the PZ engine though :P Moving trains with players moving inside doesn't seem likely (or even possibly doable) lol

P.S. If you haven't seen Train to Busan and you like zombie movies, I highly recommend it :) So good :D
Movie Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyWuHv2-Abk