What i want to see in the game

Nooz

What i want to see in the game:

1. Share your map after death.

You lived some years on the map. But death is will come. After you die map will be exported to cloud and will be avaible for other players. When you start new game you can choose: use new standard map or load random map from cloud.

So, we will have world of hundreds years old (after zombie apocalypse).

2. Animals.

[y] Animals; [y] Hunting

Need to do firearms more useful. For example add animals. I want to hunt on big animals: deer, wolf, bear, wild boar. And I want that they can hunt on me. (use firearms)

3. Main purpose of the game - escape to people.

[n] An ending or any game over other than death

After some years situation with zombie apocalypse will be more soft. And army will make attempts to save people from infected cityes. Very rarely (one times per three years) they will go to random place of your map. Before that they report on the radio about their intention to come.

If you will hear army report and go to assigned place in right time then game over.

4. Hard winters.

Sometimes winter days will be more hardcore. Moving complicated because big layer of snow on the ground. Very cold. Need light a fire to keep warm. In those days you probably will not want to leave your house.

5. Types of zombie or random events at late stage of the game. 

[n] Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals

Virus has changed after some years of survival. Not only people can be infected now. Animals are can be infected. Zombie bear, wolf, dog... They cannot infect people, but they strong and fast. (use firearms for survival).

This should be moved to the suggestions forum, and also:

1) Confirmed no, for the sake of fun and realism it won't work like that.

2) They will come eventually, there's no need to remind the devs their already planned features.

3) Anther ending that doesn't involve the death of the player's character is a confirmed no.

4) It already works like that, and in fact there's an in-game challenge that makes it worse.

5) Why even bother to discuss something that was already rejected by TIS?

I hope that didn't sound rude.

6 hours ago, Nooz said:

1. Share your map after death.

2. Animals.

[y] Animals; [y] Hunting

3. Main purpose of the game - escape to people.

[n] An ending or any game over other than death

4. Hard winters.

5. Types of zombie or random events at late stage of the game. 

[n] Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals

For #1, I don't know if you know this already but you can load up a save where you died and play on that same map again with a new character. The world will be the same in every way however, so unless you go find your old base/body you might have a hard time starting off.

As for sharing this online, I personally think it would simply clutter the workshop up. Uploading the full map for a few bases someone built really just doesn't seem worth it to me (especially when creative mode comes out and we see more new maps hit the workshop anyway).

On #2 I see you copied off of the commonly suggested forum topic. The "[y]" there means that this is planned and coming at some point down the road. That being said hunting is the thing I want the most, so I understand your excitement about it :)

On #3, it has the "[n]" for no. There will be story once NPCs are in the game but there will be no other ending besides death (meaning we can technically have a fun/interesting never ending story if we don't die).

As mentioned, #4 already works that way. You will occasionally see snow cover the ground and the cold affects your character in a few ways (while I personally think it should affect them in more, as winter isn't that hard in my opinion).

And finally #5 is another [n]/no. This game is based off of the Romero/Brooks lore and having zombie animals and "special" types would really take away from the classic setting. That being said, I'm sure someone will mod it in someday for the small amount of people that really want it.

However, you mention special events as well and those certainly are not off the table. As in fact there are a few random events that can happen already such as the helicopter showing up :)

And finally finally, Welcome to the forums :D lol, I'll admit we can seem cold here when replying to commonly posted topics sometimes but most of us are just trying to help and be lovely :)

I like most of these ideas.

1) I like the idea, coming across the remnants of a failed safe house with the unique real player design to it. But, I recently backed up my server for testing purposes on the IWBUMS and it was over 700mb. It might practically be a bit much to load all of these maps. That would end up being a TON of server storage space (translate into $$$) for hundreds/thousands of maps to download from.

Maybe there is a way to add more character and feel to the preset world. They added boarded up houses full of zombies, professionals homes, etc. Maybe do more things like this.

2) Its coming.

3) If you listen to the radio and TV broadcasts, I don't think this would be plausible. From what I've seen, the containment breaks out and the world goes to sh*t. As a general rule in all (survival) situations, don't count on your government showing up to save the day.

4) Winters could be a lot harder IMO. I recently survived a winter growing crops all winter long (outdoors) and never really had any trouble. It was harder to grow crops, fish, trap, and to stay warm compared to the rest of the year, but it didn't provide any serious challenges. Snow does show up on the ground, but it doesn't seem to effect anything.

5) I am completely against this. If animals can become infected, then they just become a 'special' zombie with no other purpose. I would assume we couldn't eat them anymore. I think bears, wolves, feral packs of dogs, etc are dangerous enough just like they are. Its a slippery slope if you buy into the mutating zombie virus direction. Who's to say that Resident Evil, LFD2, etc type zomies wouldn't be next? I for one (and well I guess the devs too) don't like this idea.

16 hours ago, Nooz said:

4. Hard winters.

Sometimes winter days will be more hardcore. Moving complicated because big layer of snow on the ground. Very cold. Need light a fire to keep warm. In those days you probably will not want to leave your house.

isn't it there already is a settings in sandbox where you can set the climate to cold or extremely cold?

i have tried cold settings on sandbox games and during winter times (nov-feb) it is difficult compare to standard climate settings. At night times it's basically a 'no go out' during winters as you will get freezing and hypothermia, true though it doesn't have effect on your character health rather than slowing down drastically especially hypothermia status.

i do hope in future update the climate will have a settings to change climate for two sides (ex-hot + ex-cold) instead of just (ex-hot or ex-cold)

1. I understand that sharing the map can be difficult task or even impossible. But i don't know especially of map development and may be it is not as hard as seems. (may be devs have powerfull algorithm for compression map or can to use partial map regeneration). 

3. I know that the devs say "confirmed No" for that. But I think that after 5 years of survival you will want to end of the game

4. I do not want hard winter wholly. I want to have hard days in winter period with various weather.  But may be I do not know any hard winter events that already exists.

5. Ok. New types of zombies is not needed but.. events...

When you survived some years you already visit all places in the map, found all things that you need, and you have a fortress and foods. The game will be boring!
Need to add big random events to late stage of the game such as global nuclear winter, totaly zombies migrations, long time rains, or anything else. 
Need to do survival at late game stage more difficult.

PS: Thanks for "Welcome to the forums" and sorry for my english

Archived