Option to have Zed numbers increase until peak day with respawn off.

Joshnpk

2 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Yep, I sow those respawn maps, roads were highlighted.

Maybe the reason of displeasure is the fact that Zs' do not really migrate in the game? They roam aimlessly or react on some sound but there is no flow of them on the highway. They just hang around some houses in a packs of 5-10.  There is no migrating groups or something, they just stay in one place, waiting for a player.

BTW sometimes very comic: they stand in tight groups and after the player arrives they all step back a little, like they were discussing some evil plan against the player and after being spotted pretend they "din du nofin"

Odd, I see them respond regularly, going towards meta sounds or specific directions without sound cues that aren't triggered by my character.

Maybe the ones you're observing are being affected by multiple stimuli and remain undecided. Though, you'll note i mentioned consistency above as being a bad thing.

46 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Odd, I see them respond regularly, going towards meta sounds or specific directions without sound cues that aren't triggered by my character.

They migrate on the ingame map (M. and W.P.), but I mean migration from big cities. If westpoint "pop" increases(far beyound its normal pop) - this is supposed to be  because of migration from Luisville - right? - but there are no thousands of Zs' marching along Ohaio river or the highway. I know that Westpoint map is more fictional because I've found no megamall and movie theatre there, but the same should be true to Muldraugh and FortNox or Radcliff.  There must be a flow of "migrants" to increase town's population twice or tree times its normal size. 

Or Z's should roam the map having some "prefered" directions, like moving away from the sun (because eyes ache or attracted by their own shadow). This could explain the amount of Zs (came from Radcliff) and also lots of them roaming in the centre-of-nowhere forests.

Edited by GOGOblin

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

(...)

My main contention with the current system is actually that it's too consistent, however.

Just a question for devs : would it be hard to add various layer to the respawn system?

Exemple : You make a game in sandbox, select advanced zombie population settings.  You then have the choice to make additional layer for the respawn by checking boxes and opening it's sub-menu with the same setting except it would require a starting date greater then 1 and a finishing date between 2 and never.  Additional sub-menu would require a date between "finishing date +1" and a finishing date between "finishing date +2" and never.

Then another question : is it possible to have settings that include random numbers (such as between x and y)?

Combining both you never know when it will be a slow week/month/year... or when it's going to be crazy as hell :)

Well what if it just changed so that the zombies only spawned on the edge of the map (or from the river - lol) , and migrated toward the empty spaces, forming hordes on the way?

This way you'd have less of that ambient noise stuff going on, and the more zombies you cleared out the more likely you'd be to run into bigger spaced-out hordes instead of individuals?

This way the spawners are actually 'migrating' in from out of town, the danger level still ramps up, but it's still possible to keep a semi-empty territory. Just a thought.

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's effectively what's happening, as is.

You mean Zs are migrating through maps? Please explain how nowdays spawn works. 

I've seen no migration flow except for helicopter (or alarms) - just a couple of screens. I've never seen roaming zombies to have some direction priority or crowds marching somewhere. All I see are Zs pretty uniformly spread across the map (less in woods, more in towns, according to spawn map) but absolutely no migration.

If devs insist on migration from Luisville or FortKnox there should be some realtime walking migrants. (And then I will gladly accept the astonishing population of Muldraugh, beacause it will have a reason).

Edited by GOGOblin

16 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

You mean Zs are migrating through maps? Please explain how nowdays spawn works. 

I've seen no migration flow except for helicopter (or alarms) - just a couple of screens. I've never seen roaming zombies to have some direction priority or crowds marching somewhere. All I see are Zs pretty uniformly spread across the map (less in woods, more in towns, according to spawn map) but absolutely no migration.

If devs insist on migration from Luisville or FortKnox there should be some realtime walking migrants. (And then I will gladly accept the astonishing population of Muldraugh, beacause it will have a reason).

Not sure they actualy move like that. More like a spawning where it could have traveled to based on migration.  But then I could be mistaken.

8 hours ago, MyTJ said:

More like a spawning where it could have traveled to

Thats what I am talking about: they just stand. And stand. And stand forever. It seems walking is not in their nature. So how could they get to another town?

They should walk. They are walkers, kek.

From my understanding, zombies don't move unless provoked. I read a book one time (bad story, but had some interesting ideas) and in it it was 15 years after patient ). They were going through an old suburb, and saw zombies covered in vines because they hadn't moved. I personally think that it was a little extreme, but the basic concept made sense.

5 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

From my understanding, zombies don't move unless provoked. I read a book one time (bad story, but had some interesting ideas) and in it it was 15 years after patient ). They were going through an old suburb, and saw zombies covered in vines because they hadn't moved. I personally think that it was a little extreme, but the basic concept made sense.

There are different zombies. Lots of them (Romero's movies, TWD, Zombieland) walk somewhere, while some behave like WWZ zombies (stand still, sprint when provoked)... PZ s supposed to be based on TWD (mostly), and AFAIR there are roaming zombies there - walk slowly, walk faster when provoked. While the most classic Romero zombies - walk slowly, walk slowly when provoked. 

I think I've seen a table of Zs' behaviour for a lot of movies somewhere, can't find it right now..

Edited by GOGOblin

14 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

PZ s supposed to be based on TWD (mostly)

Not sure who told you this, but it's not true. There's certain things the devs might fight interesting or want to emulate (survivor groups being a big one, though that idea predated TWD, the show just happened to handle them in a neat way), but there's also stuff about the show that's utterly ridiculous, and it definitely isn't (or at least, wasn't at its inception) one of the main influences. Romero and Brooks' lores were much more influential, and it's got its own flavor and theme as well.

7 hours ago, Rathlord said:

but it's not true

I was sure I've read somewhere, that TWD is a basis for the game, but this could be someone's fantasies ofc.

Anyway "everyone infected" option, small towns and rpg-style society is definitely TWD-like. And Z's behaviour is kinda the same as in TWD.

7 hours ago, Rathlord said:

Romero and Brooks' lores were much more influential, and it's got its own flavor and theme as well.

Is there some kind of "official" document about PZ zombies? I've found no background story, and I have no time to read ingame tv-radio messages..

It would be nice to have presets in zombie setings - Romero, Brooks, 28 days. With different ambient music too.

Edited by GOGOblin

• 5 years later...

You can make yourself such a scenario by installing a mod called "change sandbox option" Workshop ID: 2670674997

When you reach your desired peak day, just open this mods menu "[" and change zombie respawn hours to 0. 

I think you also need to restart the save file after. 

Hope it helps,