cool ideas

jonyx123

hi.

I notice little details when it come to survive that i like to share with you and see what you think, correct me if im wrong or think diferent...

before i start i want to say i love this game and i think is a great job.

ill start...

1- i believe that could be great to be able to use the rope and such and other tools to ladder in and out 2nd floor´s windows(or more high) batman style!!jaja (great when you are trapped in a room and there are lot of "zomboids" in your only escape)

2- the same thing about hangin from a buildding from another, sometimes plank bridges are imposible to build when you havent the resourses on you and time is a factor

3-i think that if im going to use spears and rocks, and hope to survive y could make a lot and stick it to the ground and prepare traps like this and such( just like morgan in "walkin dead")

4- if i can create bombs? why i cant put it in a door or a window using some electronics and wire and make a trap? they always go bustin doors, id like to blow them or take them with me if they enter my f..... propiety....may be put it in the long grass too:evil:

5-this once happens to me,. glue its risky for close a bleeding leg. but if you want to stop losing blood somes time dont have a choice.

6- put flamable thing in the oven and blow or torch the place down if its necesary

7-bodies some times are anoying, cremate them in a controled fire, or use a shovel if you want dont you think? may be it contamines the food growing or the smoke alert foes.

8- when you use the sledgehammer on wood things, it would be perfect that stay the planks and not desapear. in the reality i would put the table on the window for avoid entrance

that all for a while... i have more but i dont wanna bore you... escuse if my english is wrong, im from argentina and have some mistakes writting. good luck survivers

2 hours ago, jonyx123 said:

6- put flamable thing in the oven and blow or torch the place down if its necesary

7-bodies some times are anoying, cremate them in a controled fire, or use a shovel

6. I've heard it's already possible, if you put propane tank in the oven or just burn any food.

7. It's already possible to burn them with gasoline and then remove the ash with sledgehammer.

8- when you use the sledgehammer on wood things, it would be perfect that stay the planks

It's absolutely a must-have.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

3-i think that if im going to use spears and rocks, and hope to survive y could make a lot and stick it to the ground and prepare traps like this and such( just like morgan in "walkin dead")

4- if i can create bombs? why i cant put it in a door or a window using some electronics and wire and make a trap? they always go bustin doors, id like to blow them or take them with me if they enter my f..... propiety....may be put it in the long grass too:evil:

5-this once happens to me,. glue its risky for close a bleeding leg. but if you want to stop losing blood somes time dont have a choice.

3- i agree with this one, but would probably require a lvl 5-7 in carpentry, scavenging...

4- why would you want to make more noise in your refugee? that would only atract more zeds and may destroy walls, and already exist the movement scanners

5- i dont like the idea of glue, its insane, to stop a bleeding depending on the wound it may require a simple bandage to a tourniquet (not very effective a bandage tho, once i died for a bleeding in my hand, in the HAND!!)

additions to survival?

gloves, for when you're in a hurry and must pass trough a broken window without removing glass :)

Not sure about glue, but how bout sulfa powder. Find it in military outposts perhaps, and if first aid gets updated to be more robust, it serves as an instant, albeit rare, solution for bleeding out, or possible hemophilia trait. It's a cauterizing agent, so it causes a severe burn and agony upon use, but stops bleeding. Once safe, you flush the wound and properly seal it. Another option that takes a bit longer is to tourniquet until able to stitch, but only if it's a limb. Leaving tourniquet on too long = mo problems

21 hours ago, jonyx123 said:

hi.

I notice little details when it come to survive that i like to share with you and see what you think, correct me if im wrong or think diferent...

before i start i want to say i love this game and i think is a great job.

ill start...

1- i believe that could be great to be able to use the rope and such and other tools to ladder in and out 2nd floor´s windows(or more high) batman style!!jaja (great when you are trapped in a room and there are lot of "zomboids" in your only escape)

2- the same thing about hangin from a buildding from another, sometimes plank bridges are imposible to build when you havent the resourses on you and time is a factor

7-bodies some times are anoying, cremate them in a controled fire, or use a shovel if you want dont you think? may be it contamines the food growing or the smoke alert foes.

8- when you use the sledgehammer on wood things, it would be perfect that stay the planks and not desapear. in the reality i would put the table on the window for avoid entrance

that all for a while... i have more but i dont wanna bore you... escuse if my english is wrong, im from argentina and have some mistakes writting. good luck survivers

Welcome to the forums!!!

1) You can use sheet ropes to climb up/down from windows/fences. Use a sheet rope for every floor (2 if you're on a 2nd story), a nail, and a hammer.

2) Do you mean to lower yourself down off a ledge? To make the drop to the ground shorter?

3) Definitely agree that this would be cool.

4) While I agree with others that I wouldn't want to place them in my own safe house, but I would use them in a house nearby to attract the neighborhood zeds to that house and not my house. Maybe have a nice fire trap set up after they get attracted from the initial explosion ;)

5) Do what you gotta do, thats survival right?

6) I know that if you leave food (not sure about other items, but other things like logs, gasoline, etc would make sense) in an oven that is left on, you can burn a house down. I used to fire a few rounds from my shotgun in homes where I left burning food in the oven. Zombies would come storming in to find an inferno :)

7) We can already burn corpses in gasoline, but I find that to be inefficient (never seems to burn all of them) and a waste of resources. The best way is to pile them in a single pile directly over a campfire and light the campfire. Putting unwanted trash items in their pockets is a great way (only way) to get rid of trash items.

A shovel makes sense, but I wouldn't want to bury the 1000s of dead zeds by hand :) But it is realistic and should be an option.

I heard that in the future we may have to deal with negative effects of leaving rotting corpses laying around.

8) Yeah its a little weird how salvaging materials from destroyed objects currently works. Player made objects can be dismantled with a screwdriver or broken down with an axe to pillage some planks/resources. The sledgehammer just disintegrates everything (maybe simulating that you just bashed everything into useless rubbish?). I *think* the issue is that items that already exist in the game world like your pre-existing dining table aren't 'made' of anything in the code of the game. They'd probably have to code in what every item is made up of. I think it should happen, but it might be a pretty time consuming undertaking.

Thanks, i liked your opinions and ideas

i didnt realise that i must use a nail with the rope for climb.

-About the question of captkaspar: -Do you mean to lower yourself down off a ledge? To make the drop to the ground shorter?-

i actually didnt think of that and is a good idea too.

my point was that if you´re trapped in a 2nd floor´s building and there´s a not too far window from another building. i probably would try to throw

a rope with something heavy to secure the other side and escape with it.

-the gloves idea of "that one guy" is great and true

-glue is risky and not the best choice. but if life give you lemons.......

-the idea of blowing up thing with everything you got, comes from the fact that staying in one place when youre playing survival diffcilty is not always posible. 

i like to place my growing food at a far place, my value tools and some food in a super closed up house. and random sleep in a 3rd place that i dont mind to lose and light traveling.

and catching huge hordes atention with noice has some advantages.. that way i claimed the mall without killing too much walkers.

-Any of you imagine posible walker traps? nothing too fantastic, something posible and real with some imagination.

dont tell me that walkin dead`s idea of camuflage yourself with enemies guts is great..may be a little too much but useful.. how many time walkers invaded an useful store house and you couldn´t reach something you need?.

Archived