Light switches working with generator?

commando110

Question

I was just curious since I am currently using the very well made coop ability now in the game. When I hook up a generator to a house, all of the appliances and such work when the generator is turned on, but for some reason the light switches become able to be toggled on and off but no lights come on. Is there any chance that this can be fixed, possibly with a hotfix? This also persists in single player.

4 answers to this question

I have encountered the same issue just today in multiplayer with 2 friends,

connected a generator, fridges and TVs all work fine, just not the light switches

we did switch to using lamps, one big problem is the lightbulbs breaks quite often, one lamp literally lasted just one day

plus theres a bug with the lamp too, one of my buddy was testing different colored bulbs, the whole time, the lamp appeared to me as if it was turned off, no matter what my buddy did while testing different bulbs, to me, the lamp wasn't working, it only starts to work when i take it and place it back again.

59 minutes ago, commando110 said:

I was just curious since I am currently using the very well made coop ability now in the game. When I hook up a generator to a house, all of the appliances and such work when the generator is turned on, but for some reason the light switches become able to be toggled on and off but no lights come on. Is there any chance that this can be fixed, possibly with a hotfix? This also persists in single player.

you need to use some lamps

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 1:48 AM, commando110 said:

So far, even though you need know how to connect a generator to a house grid... it does not affect prebuilt lighting.  Granted it's an issue worth working on.

Meanwhile, use a screwdriver and get some of those outdoor lamps (usually against walls, you can use R if there is more then one target).  Those will work indoor too.  May need a few lightbulb time and again, but they are plentifull from dismantling radios/two way radios.

Edit : you need to use the move furniture feature.  Select the first out of the 3 to remove the lamps.

Edit2 : they also work with batteries!  you can use a few electronic scraps and screwdriver to craft a battery connector while using the contextual menu (right click).

20 hours ago, jamesorbe0 said:

you need to use some lamps

I have already been using lamps and they are god awful. They barely light any large space without a shit ton of them and they are hard to find in a good chunk of the map. Having the actual lights that the houses have would be a large improvement over those lamps and since the generators is wired directly into the house, there is no reason they shouldn't start working again

Archived