Crafting Sandbags

Erkinwine

I have looked into this and I understand there has been a mod created, which allows fro the crafting of sandbags. The topic also occurs in the discussion for other mods, but I'm wondering if any consideration has been given to this in the vanilla?

I have two ideas for how it can work given what is already part of the vanilla. The first option is simply crafting a pillow into a sandbag by opening an end and taking out the stuffing. The second requires two shirts, blouses or skirts, a needle and thread.

The first option would allow sandbags to be much more readily available in the game and might unbalance it somewhat - I don't know.

The second option would continue to have sandbags be something of a rarity given that thread isn't that easy to come by.

Am all in for it. :) I recently thought about it too, that such a simple defence like sandbags is too rare. 

About the first option... Pillows aren't so sturdy, that they can hold the same amout of sand, that's kinda unrealistic.

Second option seems cool, maybe just ripped sheets, thread and needle. Or you can add [insert common sturdy cloth's name] to the game, that can be used for those kind of things or some better-armored clothes.

Well, sheets are generally of the same linen as are pillow cases, but there are no pillow cases in the vanilla. I generally try to keep my ideas to using what is in vanilla, because sometimes a little addition can actually mean a lot of work connecting with the inner workings of the master program.