Zombies popping up in the shopping mall

Eve

Question

Well first of all, I'm not sure if this is a bug at all or a "feature" to save memory or something. But I only found unrelated answers when using the search function(mostly about sound "popping) so here it goes:

I went to the shopping mall and I sometimes noticed zombies popping up after one or two seconds. I went into this one café  because it was completely empty, only to find myself surrounded by dozens of zombies popping up around me a second later.  Did I ran too fast, so the zombies couldn't load properly? 

I'm running PZ on a i7-3635QM, with a R9 290X, 8GB RAM and Win10 Pro. Running the game in default settings but, high lighting and 1080p resolution.

Thanks a lot for help or information in that regard!

2 answers to this question

It's possible it may just be delay? They definitely shouldn't spawn that close to you. Try fiddling with the lighting update settings maybe? And also possibly the 3D zombies amount. If that doesn't solve it, maybe shoot us a video if you're comfortable doing that so we can have a look. Cheers!

I think that's how they spawn in the Mall.. so each store (and their backrooms) has a set of zombies and they only load into view once you get close enough. So, don't just run into an empty store unless you've cleared that area before! Although at times some of the stores won't spawn zombies at all.. in that case, just go to other areas and then go back, usually the zeds would spawn by then.

Archived