Steam Summer Sale

Cdr.Keen

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I kinda want Doom too... But I wonder if it worth it only for SP, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer FPS game, sooo... :/

I've heard the game is worth it for SP alone, MP is naff. I imagine if you played Wolfenstein The New Order and thought it was worth it, you'll probably think the same of DOOM. I just bought and will be playing it tonight/tomorrow hopefully, so can tell you what I really think after a bit.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I kinda want Doom too... But I wonder if it worth it only for SP, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer FPS game, sooo... :/

The new DooM is frickin AWESOME if you like games like Original Doom (with Brutal Doom mod because it's that visceral and fast), Serious Sam First and Second Encounter, Hard Reset and Painkiller, as in, there are things, you shoot them, you want story? It exists if you care BUT THERE ARE THINGS! SHOOT THEM!. No guy you have to walk behind who is also an invisible wall of "You Shall Not Progress Past Me! Fck you protagonist!" just so you don't break the Cinematic scripting.

I love DooM 3 for what it is (With a bunch of mods that make it more into what it aimed for, a slow paced horror game) but DooM 2016 is a FPS genre throwback into the good o'l days where FPS were about FPSing.

Oh yeah, then I buy it.

I want a game where I just shoot tons of enemies with great satisfaction for when I'm stuck on a bug :D

(tho, I found that Stellaris sometimes helps me solving bug.. Playing 30min and suddently come with a solution.. :p)

Edit: Damn son, 35min of download for Doom? Jeeze it takes so long.... *hihihihi*

I've only bought AoE2:HD so far. This sale has been disappointing to me; without daily deals, it's not as exciting. On top of that, I mostly focus on a lot of <$5 games, and the good deals are on expensive AAA games.

I just spent 180 EUR (that I got from my savings account and I'm really really honestly pinky-promise be putting back come payday! Really!)

DOOM

Kill to Collect

CrossCode

Void 21

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Oxenfree

Solus Project

Fable Anniversary

Steam Controller

Steam Link

I've been more reasonnable, 25€

This War of Mine
Life Is Strange

Miasmata
Mirror's Edge (the "old" one, I had a non-legit install)
UT 2004

I'll probably let myself be tempted by Rocket League, looks like fun.

Rocket League is lots of fun, I bought This War of Mine from the Christmas sale. I've admittedly never bought a story-focused game on PC for replay value reasons, but instead focus on games with proc-gen, sandboxes, or competitive games. If anyone knows of a game with a great story that will last more than at least 5 hours, please inform me.

Archived